What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Series II speed problem

MDelong

Plastic
Sir/Ma’am,

I am looking for direction or a solution on a problem with our Bridgeport Series 2, manufacture date is 2-18-1983 with 4hp. if anyone is able to help or steer our shop in the right direction would be wonderful.
The problem our Bridgeport is having, when the mill is in operational mode. The speed dial on the operators control panel, when increasing or decreasing x, y or z speed, does not change the rate of speed to the saddle , table or knee. The speed is stuck at a snail crawl and will not increase the x, y, or z speed. Thank you

V/r

SSgt Michael W. DeLong
Metals Technology
109AW Stratton ANGB
Scotia NY, 12302

I bought a new power supply for the feed motors on my series II. I bought it from BPT parts.com in Milford, Connecticut. It solved my problems, which were just like the problems you are describing.

gbent, Thank you very much for your information. I will forward this info to my supervisor and give it a try. I will let you know how it works out when we accomplish the fix. Thank you again

Rah ANG

+1 to what Gbent said. The circuit board is probably the issue if both the XY and Z are doing it. The KBMM125 should be the replacement, unless its a British one. But now that I say that, I think all the Erskine setups I have seen were not on Series IIs but just the Adcock Shipleys. But I have only seen a handful of those.

Jon

Back