What's new
What's new

Bridgeport X axis issue.

SamS

Plastic
Our Bridgeport with prototrak control seems to be off about .001 for every inch it moves in the X axis. The dial shows this error as well as the control. Is there an easy way to fix this or have the control compensate?

Our Bridgeport with prototrak control seems to be off about .001 for every inch it moves in the X axis. The dial shows this error as well as the control. Is there an easy way to fix this or have the control compensate?
Prototraks have a calibration mode where you use a gage block and indicator and move a known amount like 4.0000 and tell control it moved 4.0000 and it will correct the DRO so 4.0000 of movement will read 4.0000
i would contact SWI service repair person and they can show you how. the old trav a dial encoders need new foam seal and chip scraper often yearly and need to have calibration checked when removed and reinstalled every time. i do not know your exact machine model so i cannot say whether the procedure will work with your machine
some models you use special mode and enter the special mode number.

Attachments

• DRO_calibration1.jpg
    DRO_calibration1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DRO_calibration2.jpg
    DRO_calibration2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 44

special mode is a maintenance function. you need to be careful. much better to have factory service repair person show you.

Attachments

• DRO_calibration3.jpg
    DRO_calibration3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 45

Back