What's new
What's new

Brierley ZB32 drill sharpener manual or advice?

xa-mont

Hot Rolled
Hey peoples,

I recently got a Brierley ZB32 drill sharpener with a few other things in a lot, it however didn't come with a manual.

I sussed out who owns the rights to Brierley now, and they do have a manual, but they're in the UK. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, because they'd just have a scanned copy and send that over this wonderful thing called the internet... alas it isn't that easy.

They will sell me a hard copy of the manual, for £32.00 with a shipping charge of only £25.00. so all up $100ish AUD to get a manual for a machine... not ideal.

So this brings me here. Has anyone got a manual they would be willing to get scanned for me? either that or is there someone here who knows how to use one that could answer some questions for me?

Thanks guys,
Trav

I do have a manual, exactly where I’m not certain, I’ve used them a lot but just for plain drills, they can do a hell of a lot more, stepped, LH etc.
I’ll go digging tomorrow, brierly we’re in Wales just down the road but Chester machines bought them out and moved them.
Mark

I know this is an old post but I do have a complete manual that I can copy......just let me know.

Sorry I don’t anymore, I may be able to get one, I’ll have a go, btw cams with a red dot we’re right hand, green left ( it’ll be obvious if it’s the wrong one!) cam no4 was 118 degree normal jobber points, back clearance about 6 on the Chuck, engage the index b4 setting the drill, lip aligns with slide out plate gauge at the same number as the Chuck is set, release the head lever at back, when you wind the head will rock.
That lots from memory so try with a new drill to see if your right, it should be obvious if somthing is not right
Mark

I know this is an old post but I do have a complete manual that I can copy......just let me know.

Hey mate. I ended up getting one, but it's a bit all over the shop and not a great scan. If you have one that's in good condition and nicely readable that would be super handy.

Cheers,
Trav

All of the references I've seen and the few videos of the operation state the green cams and green index marks on the chuck are for right hand drills
Unfortunately my copy of the manual is so faded and and doesn't make reference to color.
There is also discrepancies of how the cams are numbered in different versions of the manual
I only have 1 drill cam, that I use fro right drills and its green.
Mike

Back