What's new
What's new

Broke one of my DRO scales

Musky_Hunter

Plastic
My mill came with a Mill Mate DRO that has glass scales. The x axis reader fell over and hit the head. It cause the ribbon cable to come loose from the sensor. Can this be repaired somehow or did I just make an expensive mistake?

My mill came with a Mill Mate DRO that has glass scales. The x axis reader fell over and hit the head. It cause the ribbon cable to come loose from the sensor. Can this be repaired somehow or did I just make an expensive mistake?

No idea as to how to repair.

If you are unable to repair, I think I still have a couple of Acu-rite scales for a MillMate/TurnMate - acquired when I did not understand that they would not play nice w/ my older Acu-rite display. PM me if you are unable to repair and need parts - not too pricy since I have no real way to test them, might even trade for them.

No idea as to how to repair.

If you are unable to repair, I think I still have a couple of Acu-rite scales for a MillMate/TurnMate - acquired when I did not understand that they would not play nice w/ my older Acu-rite display. PM me if you are unable to repair and need parts - not too pricy since I have no real way to test them, might even trade for them.

Sent you a PM. Thanks

These things are made by people and can usually be repaired by people, maybe just not you (same for me with SMD boards, can't see them well enough to repair them). Open it up and take some pictures. put them up here and see what folks say. It might be something simple to fix.

These things are made by people and can usually be repaired by people, maybe just not you (same for me with SMD boards, can't see them well enough to repair them). Open it up and take some pictures. put them up here and see what folks say. It might be something simple to fix.

I don't see anything to open on the sensor it's self. Just that mounted to a little trolley with wheels that ride on the track.

Back