What's new
What's new

Broken gear box levers enco lathe

madmaninabox

Plastic
My father recently passed away, and we are trying to move out his old machinery. One of his biggest machines was his lathe. 12×36 Gearhead Enco Model # 110-2075. When my mother hired some movers to come help move the lathe from the basement, they dropped it. (No one was hurt luckily.) End result is that the machine still turns on and seems to run ok but the quick change gearbox levers are broken and need replacing. I have searched what I can to try and find a replacement guide or anything for these parts but have not been able to find anything that matches up to this model or how to replace the levers. I know where I can get the replacement parts not sure what to do with them from there. Anyone who knows a good resource for this info or a way to tell/show how to do it would be greatly appreciated.

If movers were hired is it possible to tell them that they need to make an insurance claim and you get to sell the lathe to them? A lot less hassle for you.

don't know that lathe in particular - but usually the design concept is pretty similar across the board - you may be able to see some exploded views or threads of people rebuilding their lathes to give you an idea

Yep if pro movers they are responsible for the damage repair/replacement or value of the lathe. Grizzly may have parts to repair ,look for similar lathe on their web site. They would be about your only hope. If you have ALL the broken pieces a brazing repair may be possible by someone that knows what they are doing. Many lathes were sold that look very similar but not all parts would be close enough to interchange . Like I said Grizzly does keep a good selection of parts for their machines and I have had good luck getting repair parts to fix several ENCO lathes over the years.
PS On re-read I see you think you can get the parts,. If you have decent macanical skills replacing the levers is not to hard. But if pro movers their problem!

Back