What's new
What's new

Bullard Cut Master 75 VTL parts & schematics needed

doug8cat

Titanium
Brief history of problem:
Run / Jog stick is malfunctioning, physically it will not go up to jog the table, will not stay down in the run position. We have been hanging a wrench on it to keep the table going. Bosses say $$$ are limited, so it falls to me to try and fix it on the cheap.
Fast foward to new problem.
The table will not stop running, only way to stop it is to flip up the lever that used to change table RPM, then drop it back down (Yes it sounds like someone dropped gravel into the gear train.)
What I am hoping is that someone has either personal expierence, schematic of the speed, jog & run "module".
Also would be interested to see if somone has a working or not working module that they would be willing to part with. I am in touch with O'connell and Bourn Kough.
I posted a while ago a similar problem with a similar problem, the smart answere was do a machine swap with Bourn. But I am told we cannot aford this option.
I feel like I have a hand tied behind my back while addressing this issue.
Sorry if my explaination is bit ambiguous, but this 1 of 3 machines that are down and need some assistance. If anyone has suggestions, schematics or parts I would be greatfull to hear from you. Serial number is
29893 36" Dia. table.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving

Up Date

Been speaking with O'connell (Fantastic guys). After much diagnosistics it would appear we have a stuck piston that actuatuates the clutch/brake. Solonoind on the pressure plate is okay, but that piston postioned perpendicular to the solinoid throw is stuck. So puling that out is Monady's project. Despite the fact that the solonoind works I am going pull out the parts cannon and replace it any way. It was so varnished and sticky, I worry about the state of the entire hydraulic system.
If I can get this problem fixed, I plan on changing the oil, been told no oil changes have been done in 20 years :ack2:. I will confer with Bill on the protocol.

Any of you fine folks run a Bullard cutmaster 75 VTL in your shop???
Really have to say Bill @ O'connell is a great guy knows these machine inside out upside down and is a very helpfull chap.

Back