What's new
What's new

Bux Mage Drill Parts

Blazemaster

Hot Rolled
I went and picked up an old milwaukee mag drill today and while looking at it the previous owner pulled out this little Bux mag drill and said if I bought the milwaukee he would toss this in. It looks to be in good shape, but is missing the mag part on the bottom. I wasn't sure if this would be something fixable or not. The drill part seems to work fine, and when I flip the mag switch the light comes on. I am guessing it won't be simple to find the original part, could another mag be fitted to this to make it work? Anyone done something similar?

Here are some pics of the Bux, and another pic I found online of the same mag base with the actual mag on it. Also threw up a pic of the milwaukee because who in the hell would paint their tools hot pink? The guy said it was painted like that so nobody would steal it and try to sell it. I guess hes never seen spray paint.

Sorry for the title typo, should be "mag drill"

Attachments

• 20200914_165001.jpg
    20200914_165001.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 130
  • 20200914_164949.jpg
    20200914_164949.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200914_142744.jpg
    20200914_142744.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 20200914_165008.jpg
    20200914_165008.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 107
I used to paint all my chisels, center punches and hammers pink. (the tools most likely to walk in a fab shop)

The guys stealing tools did it because they were too lazy to look for their own. They were also too lazy to repaint a tool.

I doubt you'll find a replacement magnet without luck.

I went and picked up an old milwaukee mag drill today and while looking at it the previous owner pulled out this little Bux mag drill and said if I bought the milwaukee he would toss this in. It looks to be in good shape, but is missing the mag part on the bottom. I wasn't sure if this would be something fixable or not. The drill part seems to work fine, and when I flip the mag switch the light comes on. I am guessing it won't be simple to find the original part, could another mag be fitted to this to make it work? Anyone done something similar?

Here are some pics of the Bux, and another pic I found online of the same mag base with the actual mag on it. Also threw up a pic of the milwaukee because who in the hell would paint their tools hot pink? The guy said it was painted like that so nobody would steal it and try to sell it. I guess hes never seen spray paint.

Sorry for the title typo, should be "mag drill"

Bolt it to a larg(ish) plate, and many jobs you will be able to clamp the plate down.

Make a plate with plasma cut slots, and you might be able to come up with some bolts & washer plates
to make it "quick configure".

A huge plus if you do much aluminum/stainless work.

I had a "friend" wanting a mag drill in the worst way....to do one job, one time.
Drill some holes in a truck frame (on the top flange) where a mag drill wouldn't even hold (flange was very narrow, and had bends in it).

I had a "friend" wanting a mag drill in the worst way....to do one job, one time.
Drill some holes in a truck frame (on the top flange) where a mag drill wouldn't even hold (flange was very narrow, and had bends in it).

I moved four years ago but am yet to move the bulk of my equipment. I've been using the mag drill as my drill press for four years. I just stick it to a half inch plate that is clamped to my welding table on 123 blocks. If anything I think I have more throat depth because it straddles.

I'm lucky....one of the local portable fab shops keeps scrapping out these old sluggers when the relays fail in the circuit board. I've got to get one back to work right now just to give as a birthday gift to a good friend.

I have the same mag drill mine is missing the rectifiers would u be so kind as to send me some close up.pic of the wiring connected to each piece and a pic of the rectifiers can't find anything on the wiring and parts . But from your pic my bux drill is the same. Thank u for your time

Back