What's new
What's new

Can any one identify this lathe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Mitchell

Plastic
A good friend of mine had a shop in Van Nuys CA that.burned down. Luckily this lathe was outside the shop he no longer has a use for it and knew i was looking for one. I was hoping to ID it for parts and resto work. Thanks for any info in advance.
9b340ce541f11a02553f14b3145830bf.jpg

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk

Looks like the typical Chinese/Taiwan belt head 12X36 sold by Jet -Grizzly -corner candy store etc. Does have a Trav-a-dial nice. Parts good luck may find some from Grizzly that will work but don't count on much of anything available.

A good friend of mine had a shop in Van Nuys CA that.burned down. Luckily this lathe was outside the shop he no longer has a use for it and knew i was looking for one. I was hoping to ID it for parts and resto work. Thanks for any info in advance.
9b340ce541f11a02553f14b3145830bf.jpg

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk

"Gummy bread" as lathes go, even brand-new, and it no longer is.

You'd have to be awfully desperate to bother hauling one of those from Van Nuys to Texas. Or across the carpark, actually.

Even if a "Taiwanese generic" will do yah, there are bound to be ones in as good a condition - or BETTER - so yah use the lathe, not the reverse - a lot closer. How much TIME do you have to take-on a "project"?

I could be wrong. It might have very low wear and nothin' important rustid or bustid. But I don't THINK so.

It WAS already "outside" his active shop, yah? What's THAT say, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back