What's new
What's new

Can anyone id this grinder?

oliverdude

Hot Rolled
I just bought this old bench grinder and the tag on top is totally unreadable. It is very heavy duty and 3 phase. I would just like to know a brand and model if that's even possible. Thanks
attachment.php

Usually the extended snout is for a buffing or wire wheel, but whatever you use it for be DAMN careful you don't let any loose clothing get engaged with it. You will be a very unhappy camper if that happens.

Is the top label smooth or does it have any texture from the original printing? If it does, you might be able to take a "rubbing" off it using some thin paper and rapidly "scanning" a soft, blunt pencil lead over the whole area so that the bumps are telegraphed into the paper.

Or, more modernly, take a good picture of the badge and then import it into a Photoshop-like program and play with contrast and intensity to see if anything becomes visible.

It’s a nice looking whirly strangler, would not mind one of those, seen double Enders but never a single, good addition to any shop,
Mark

I have to ask why you want to know the exact make, model or year?
This would even enter my mind as a new owner.
Hoping to sell and wanting us to ID so you can list?

Wouldn't you be the least bit curious what you just bought? I almost never buy anything with the intention of selling it.

I'm sorry your bid for General Electric wasn't accepted, you couldn't have done a worse job than Welch and Immelt...

:(

Was Cincinnati Electric part of GE? It was sold off via online auction, plans/drawings/company name was one lot, my thought was farm the casting off in Mexico, finish parts in Tx, never got far enough in planning to figure out where to get armatures wound. Not sure who got it, made several inquiries and always got the response "the purchaser has no plans to continue the business or sell the assets", figured it was a rival company, or maybe a new line for HF tools.

Looks like a quality machine, but I would probably move that switch to the front. Reaching across the running machine to turn it off could be hazardous.

Back