What's new
What's new

Can Someone Please Set the Correct Time?

SLK001

Stainless
In watching threads here, I often see posts that are timestamped in the future. Am I in some time warp, or does the system clock need to be set or changed to daylight standard time?

Yeah, so? You could set the main clock to Mars Standard Time and the times should display PROPERLY in your particular time zone. Me, I'm in the Eastern TZ in the US and I have detect DST for your area checked, but the time still displays one hour in the future.
but only if your logged in , if your not logged in it relies on cookies.

times overrated anyhow.

Yeah, so? You could set the main clock to Mars Standard Time and the times should display PROPERLY in your particular time zone. Me, I'm in the Eastern TZ in the US and I have detect DST for your area checked, but the time still displays one hour in the future.
This would take some programig.This would be something that would be useful to the average user. This would be a very boring project for a programmer. The geeks prefer to program for some event that only one in ten thousand users would encounter or comprehend. Edwin Dirnbeck

Mine was the same way. I set it to GMT -6:00 and it shows correctly.
Or just wait til Sunday,

I agree. We make a big deal of specifying location (which is a huge help which I notice whenever I'm on Bike Forum, where they don't enforce location). Given that the PM forum knows where we are, I would think it could get the local time right.

That said, SLK001, this may be something that the forum software does poorly and the OCD portion of your personality may have to live with it.

iu

Test 123456

Works fine here but shows some funny pm/am time instead of 24 hour clock and day/month/year is fucked up to month/day/year :ack2:

You guys need a hobby. Or I need a life where my greatest concern of the day is that a website has overlapping time.

R

Test 123456

Works fine here but shows some funny pm/am time instead of 24 hour clock and day/month/year is fucked up to month/day/year :ack2:
The only way to be consistent (as an engineer) is to use the 3 divisions at least in an order. Now for the Genealogists the ONLY way to specify a date is to use letters for the month ie. 1 Jan 2000 etc. Then all the confusion over the European vs American silly 1/2/12 means Jan 2 or Feb 1 is gone. :-)
lewie

The only way to be consistent (as an engineer) is to use the 3 divisions at least in an order. Now for the Genealogists the ONLY way to specify a date is to use letters for the month ie. 1 Jan 2000 etc. Then all the confusion over the European vs American silly 1/2/12 means Jan 2 or Feb 1 is gone. :-)
lewie

Year/Month/Day is the way to go. It constantly narrows down the options of what date you're talking about. Make sure you use all 4 numbers of the year, otherwise it's liable to be even more confusing! 19/03/07 could be a European style date from 12 years ago. Because of that, I find myself using the format 2019MAR07 so I can put the year first and leave no ambiguity.

Join me in my quest to be pedantic!

Back