What's new
What's new

Can you identify these dovetailed mill vise jaws?

crrmeyer

Stainless
Recently I was a machine shop sale due to retirement and the owner had these jaws on a storage rack. He had no idea what they were or who made them. They are 6" wide and look to fit a typical Kurt vice. They are made from aluminum. They look similar to the Kurt Dovelock quick change jaws design but the dovetails are taller and shallower. Does anyone have idea of who made these? Thanks

IMG_6885.jpg

IMG_6884.JPG

IMG_6883.jpg

Looks to me like they are probably shop made for for some specific application.

Did he have just one set or many?

Recently I was a machine shop sale due to retirement and the owner had these jaws on a storage rack. He had no idea what they were or who made them. They are 6" wide and look to fit a typical Kurt vice. They are made from aluminum. They look similar to the Kurt Dovelock quick change jaws design but the dovetails are taller and shallower. Does anyone have idea of who made these? Thanks

View attachment 318272

View attachment 318273

View attachment 318274

Pure guess - I don't even have a Kurt - but.. probably made to fit one of the cheaper Kurt lookalike "workalike-sort-of-mostly" vises.

Some take Kurt jaws, directly, others did not.. not quite.

If you are to match them for ID off the dimensions against catalog goods from the "usual suspects" among commodity jaw makers, they may or may not even list the "mothership" those were made for.

My Gerardi's are common enough. The "Quad I" not so much, and the Morton would be outright daft as to expecting "stock jaws".

:D

Back