UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Nevada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Can you recognize this?

Hello, everybody!

I am Maria. I have come here in need of some help. My husband, who passed away 3 years ago and was a lifelong toolmaker has left me with a garage full of stuff I have no idea about. I feel strong enough now to try to sell them without busting up in tears about the fact that I am "getting rid" of his stuff... also in need of the money... but with no knowledge in the field I am kinda stuck. Not only am I a total outsider, English is my second language and having trouble finding the correct name of things.

So I was wondering if I could post some pictures here - as I move along with my selling project - time to time?

This is what I mean:

I have know idea what this is called, what this is for:

20200125_173223.jpg

(Never used this forum before, so not sure if it attached the picture, but... anyway... let me know if this is okay here, please!)

- Maria

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dear Maria: Yes your picture came thru just fine. It is a set of precision gage blocks. Not sure what your garage full of stuff is, but would recommend that you try to locate a reliable auction company in your area. Hope this helps.

JH

3. Likes butacska liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Where in Nevada are you (city)? I may be of help if you are looking for condition and pricing. I have been to sales where someone was practically giving the stuff away and then other sales where they are asking prices that are almost retail.

5. Likes butacska liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James H Clark View Post
    Dear Maria: Yes your picture came thru just fine. It is a set of precision gage blocks. Not sure what your garage full of stuff is, but would recommend that you try to locate a reliable auction company in your area. Hope this helps.

JH
    If you were to tell us what town in Nevada you are located in we may be able to recommend a reputable used tooling/equipment buyer and or an auctioneer.

7. Likes butacska, digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Nevada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all very much! James, thank you for the help!

I'm in the Vegas area.

Well, about the garage... To be honest... when you ask what I have, "a lot of metal" comes to mind.

Most of the indicators and calipers mitutoyo, Starrett etc (I had about 20 combined) I sold. I have a ton of (almost literally) steel blocks all kind of shapes, with and without holes... that are most likely useless.

I have drill bits, end mills, taps, indicator holders, ID depth gauge sets...

I don't know... At this point just trying to clean up a little bit... Any box or tote I lift weighs A LOT! He sold the lathe and the drill press a couple of years ago but I got about 20 boxes and totes, one big rolling chest full of stuff and 4 or 5 smaller tool boxes.

Anyway... Will see where I go. I'm not in a hurry, just trying to get stuff in order in my life. Thank you all again!