What's new
What's new

Can't find manual for Unitech troyan C404T lathe manual

Vovan

Plastic
Hi, everyone!
I'm new to this forum.
Just got this c404t used machine. It is made in Bulgaria in 1996, has joystick- like feed cross/long.change lever on apron, smaller rapid traverse (I guess) motor hidden under tailstock side. Looks like 2tpi lead screw...
20180331_192822.jpg20180326_144942.jpg20180331_192806.jpg
Just wondering if anyone has the same or similar machine and would be kind to share info about.
Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Troyan is a town in Bulgaria renowned for its pottery. I have a friend living in Plovdiv, the second largest city. She is an artist and not familiar with machines but naturally speaks Bulgarian and has been willing to help in the past when someone needed a manual for a forklift. Her English is quite good although you need to learn the code. For instance, they do not use terminal prepositions so she says things like "We must go now, put your coat."

Bill

Thank you for your reply.
Honestly, English is not my first language either,
I would appreciate any help.

Galina spoke to the plant manager. He said that the factory that made the lathe is closed but he is sending her a PDF for a slightly later lathe. If you send me your email address to [email protected] I will forward it to her.

Bill

Last edited:
To finish the tale, Galina called the factory and spoke to the manager, who sent her a PDF of the manual. I was going to have her send it to Vovan, but before I got his email address to her, she sent the manual to me so I forwarded it to Vovan. Meanwhile, someone else was doing an online search for the same manual and picked up the PM thread. He sent me an email asking for a copy, which I sent. The end result is that two people in different countries got manuals for the expenditure of a few minutes time by people in other countries and probably not as much electricity as it takes to heat a cup of coffee.

How cool is modern technology.

Bill

Post it here as well, so you don't have to mail it out a third time.

That, and some of us just like seeing how a machine is put together.

To finish the tale, Galina called the factory and spoke to the manager, who sent her a PDF of the manual. I was going to have her send it to Vovan, but before I got his email address to her, she sent the manual to me so I forwarded it to Vovan. Meanwhile, someone else was doing an online search for the same manual and picked up the PM thread. He sent me an email asking for a copy, which I sent. The end result is that two people in different countries got manuals for the expenditure of a few minutes time by people in other countries and probably not as much electricity as it takes to heat a cup of coffee.

How cool is modern technology.

Bill
Thank you again!
The manual has my all questions answers. It saves me from being annoying on PM and other forums shooting questions all over [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

A couple of days ago I got this email-

Buen día,

Le escribe Vicente García desde Ecuador, estoy buscando el manual del torno Egital 20 de Unitech Troyan, he leído el foro(https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...ual-unitech-troyan-c404t-lathe-manual-348651/) por eso le pido si fuese tan amable de consultarme dicho manual.

De antemano muchas gracias por su atención.

Saludos cordiales,

Vicente

Since my Spanish ends with "cerveza por favor" I fed it to Google translate and got this-

Good day,

Vicente García writes to me from Ecuador, I am looking for the manual of the Egital 20 lathe of Unitech Troyan, I have read the forum

(https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/cant-find-manual-unitech-troyan-c404t- lathe-manual-348651 /) so I ask you if you would be so kind as to consult this manual.

In advance thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards,

Vincent

Which isn't quite exact, I'm sure, but the meaning is clear enough, so I forwarded the manual. I told Galina that she should get a little karma out of it. She is Eastern Orthodox, so she doesn't count on karma, but it can't hurt to have a little backup.

Bill

I told Galina that she should get a little karma out of it. She is Eastern Orthodox, so she doesn't count on karma, but it can't hurt to have a little backup.

Bill

PM does it again :) …...you Galina reminds me of a job I did for a Church of England Vicar (protestant and minister / preacher) …...who had once been and industrial chaplain,...……..so had a good sense of humour.

Long cut sideways it was a very tricky job, sorta shit or bust, and he knew it, ........just before I switched the machine on I quipped, ''If you want to load the dice, ……..like have a word with your big boss, ...that way's east.'' at which saying ''That's good enough for me Sami'' got on his knees!

Back