What's new
What's new

carbide recycling

GENERALDISARRAY

Hot Rolled
I have only ever dealt with Sandvik recycling in the past. but recently they wont return an email.

I have received a quote of 8.75-9 a pound from two of the four recyclers I have contacted.

Anyone getting a better price?

What carbide?
Sorted c2 vs c5 or mixed? Coated grades?
Is volume many 55 gallon drums or a 40-50 pound coffee can or less.
All these things come into play on price.
10,000 pounds of straight and clean C2 will have a much different price than miscellaneous machine shop carbide tools in a very big handful.
For the latter right now you have a reasonable and good price.
What you need to do is accumulate and sort and have not pounds but many tons. This is what the middle guy does and then the more premium price.
Shipping costs can be a problem. More than 60,000 pounds while not much in total size is gonna need more than one truck.

These local to me guys have always been fair and honest. .Recycle Carbide - Tungsten Carbide Scrap - Carbide Recycling
Bob

What carbide?
Sorted c2 vs c5 or mixed? Coated grades?
Is volume many 55 gallon drums or a 40-50 pound coffee can or less.
All these things come into play on price.
10,000 pounds of straight and clean C2 will have a much different price than miscellaneous machine shop carbide tools in a very big handful.
For the latter right now you have a reasonable and good price.
What you need to do is accumulate and sort and have not pounds but many tons. This is what the middle guy does and then the more premium price.
Shipping costs can be a problem. More than 60,000 pounds while not much in total size is gonna need more than one truck.

These local to me guys have always been fair and honest. .Recycle Carbide - Tungsten Carbide Scrap - Carbide Recycling
Bob

Its all in 50lb Sandvik boxes of inserts and endmills, sorted by such.

They were the first company to respond,Thanks for the recommendation.

Back