Close
Login to Your Account
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    I'm sorry Milland, I cannot do anything about your TDS,

I take it you are denying Fauci's public statements?
    Of course, denying reality is part of the syndrome.

Trump, goaded by a member of the Bush family says "I probably COULD get away with grabbing their pussy" and the media say "he grabbed women's pussy".

An investigtion finds no evidence of Russian collusion but they keep repeating it as fact.

And in this case he acts on CURRENT advice while dealing with the coronavirus campaign and every time he reacts to updated info it's "too little too late".

Just the sheer number of posters here who have to spoil otherwise intelligent posts by rants against Trump shows how deep the problem is and all joking aside if they are this wound up now how will they be if he wins in 2020?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    ...Just the sheer number of posters here who have to spoil otherwise intelligent posts by rants against Trump shows how deep the problem is and all joking aside if they are this wound up now how will they be if he wins in 2020?
    It's not "if", it's "when". They know it. Their past 3 years attempt to overturn the 2016 election wasn't about Trump. It was about the {R} after his name. It would be the exact same if it was a Cruz or Rubio in the Oval.

It's nothing but raw lust for power- always has been for that side.

They have no way to push Biden aside without disenfranchising every democratic primary voter. They are halfway through their primaries, Biden is running away with it and Cuomo isn't even on the ballot.

Biden will go into the Convention in August with the 1991 delegates needed to clinch the nomination.

Their own rules. Will they just declare the primaries "null and void"? And have the party leaders appoint the nominee?

One man, one vote?

By November, this is all in the rear-view mirror and things will be returning to normal. Dems need to keep the fake investigations alive. so they will use this pandemic to further smear the POTUS. No surprise there, but I think voters will see through the charade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm ok (hurk!) with djt winning 2020. As long as the Senate goes and the House stays Dem.

Oh, what fun that will be, without Moscow Mitch to protect his protege.

[Seriously, not ok, but there's clearly still a lot of wackos that will vote djt. We'll see how it goes]

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Why do people keep arguing with the couple of commie loving pieces of crap in here? What I want to know is why all the drastic measures haven't slowed the corona-virus down?
    The SIMPLE measures have slowed it the most.

Can we agree that "simple" is still PF-drastic if it is YOU who has lost a job and a paycheck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've just been walking around with a big bottle of Lysol. Whenever someone gets too close I just spray them right in the face. I figure, hey fuck em, they get what they deserve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I'm ok (hurk!) with djt winning 2020. As long as the Senate goes and the House stays Dem.

Oh, what fun that will be, without Moscow Mitch to protect his proteges.

[Seriously, not ok, but there's clearly still a lot of wackos that will vote djt. We'll see how it goes]
    Opinions vary. Those of us who intend to vote for him AGAIN (3rd time) think there are still a lot of wackos that will vote against him regardless of who or what is put up as opposition. They would vote for a dead man if that were the choice.

I think you and a few others here only talk to your own kind because there are one hell of a lot of people who think the country was going in the right direction and bitterly resent all the stunts intended to change their minds.

If a plot succeeds it wins, but if it fails to achieve its goals it can lose big time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    I've just been walking around with a big bottle of Lysol. Whenever someone gets too close I just spray them right in the face. I figure, hey fuck em, they get what they deserve.
    No joke, they actually did that in one Indian state: India coronavirus: Migrant workers sprayed with disinfectant in Uttar Pradesh - CNN

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Of course, denying reality is part of the syndrome.

Trump, goaded by a member of the Bush family says "I probably COULD get away with grabbing their pussy" and the media say "he grabbed women's pussy".
    I'm breaking my ban on this clown, because it's just too egregious to ignore.

A) There was no goading, just djt being djt.

B) He said, and I quote: “I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait,” Trump said. “When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.”

Not "probably could". What's above is what he said.

More lies from the lying djt-ites. Just like their master, they can't help it.

"Grab ’em by the pussy”: how Trump talked about women in private is horrifying - Vox

If you want to listen to the Grabber-in-Chief: Transcript: Donald Trump’s Taped Comments About Women - The New York Times Full, not censored, and with a lot more than just the infamous "pussy grab".

From this link: ‘Access Hollywood’ Reminds Trump: ‘The Tape Is Very Real’ - The New York Times

djt's "apology" (in quotes because he only did it because he was caught):

"Hours after the tape was published last October, Mr. Trump directly acknowledged that it was genuine.

“I said it, I was wrong and I apologize,” he said in a video recording.

You guys lie, and lie, and lie. What is wrong with you?!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likely the masks are only perhaps 50% efficient for the wearer but they keep germs off everything and out of the air space,. It would be best that everybody would wear a mask until this is over. Today I saw a lady wearing a scarf..she had to reset it so often and with touching her face was in more danger with that..still it helped to protect others. people with no mask for not owning one or thinking they don't need one.distancing is being practiced.
    Perhaps a low numbers of new cases is from people being smarter..I don't know the reason for low number of deaths in Germany, Japan and Canada..USA is at the better average of around 20 to 25 per million of population, China boasting very low number of new case may be form people being more careful with masks , washing hands and other precautions...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The very best way to win an internet argument is to call the other side names like dickhead. It displays the superiority of the name caller for all the world to see.

11. Likes michiganbuck, Scottl, jancollc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    You could take an example case and adjudge it. Fast-track it to the top. There's the precedent. In fact, there already is precedent, just not the decision that this epidemic invokes force majeure.

I guarantee you, there will be companies using this argument. May as well make it universal for all right upfront.

I realize that you hide-bound buffoons cannot conceive of any changes during an emergency, so ... go down with the ship, what do I care.

Another, easier way, would be for the legislatures to declare the epidemic an act of god for the months of April and May. Do it right off. Contract law already provides for this situation. Declare it upfront and save everyone a lot of time.

No enforcement = no one bothers. Just put it into the wash and live with it.

You don't have to adjudicate any of them. All you have to do is declare the state will not enforce contract terms during this period because it has been determined to be an act of god. Then existing contract law takes care of the problem.

Tell people you aren't going to enforce the terms, and they will not bother to try, because they know it won't go anywhere. Fair to all parties and leads to getting everything back on track again faster and more efficiently.

You don't have to name anything. If the states say "We aren't going to enforce any contracts during this time" then it's over. No guns and sherrifs means no actions on any breaches. In fact it means no breaches because it's already been decided.

I don't know why you think this is novel. It's not. Every contract I have ever seen has a Force Majeure clause. It's boilerplate.

If the states pre-declare it as such, then there won't be any parties because there won't be any cases because the state already decided that contracts can not be enforced during this time to force majeure / act of god. Bye-bye problem. Pretty simple.

Are you flocking crazy ? "Defies the constitution" ? Where do you get that shit ? Force Majeure is already recognized law. And there's not a god-damned thing in the constitution about contracts. You are being a fruitcake.

When they ratified the Constitution ? When they declard war on Japan ? Sorry, but this is an occasion that most of the people in the US would get together on ... except maybe for some nutcases.

You guys really are wacked. When the press was all blathering about "draconian measures, freedom of travel" I was "wtf ? people here don't want to die." But you guys ... maybe give it another coupe of weeks to sink in, when your niece croaks because no one took this seriously, maybe you'll come around.

Or maybe not, who knows ... so far, this has been informative. Senile elephant in must, indeed.
    Fairyland works this way.

You have not a clue about how the legal system works. Your solution is infantile. And wrong. Government decree might work over there in the Worker’s Paradise, but not most of the rest of the world.

But your efforts will undoubtedly be rewarded by the Central Committee.

f95c7f6d-a464-4782-9d6c-bbc86f6887f0.jpg

Or not.

13. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QY:[What I want to know is why all the drastic measures haven't slowed the corona-virus down?]

Perhaps they have where people are being more sensible and more careful.

Here Mt Clemens Michigan USA today 4-4-20 it looked like 80+% were wearing masks.

Someone report from Ontario Canada=

From Germany=

From the UK=

from Denmark=

From Italy=

from Spain=

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm in a western suburb of Toronto and about 50% are wearing masks but there's not many people out at all.

All the restaurants, theaters, parks and anywhere else people congregate have been closed for a couple weeks. All "non essential" business' are closed. They just started handing out $750 fines for people who do not "social distance" unless it's with someone in your own household.

I was surprised to hear from my buddies in Port Huron that are still "out and about".

16. Likes michiganbuck liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    They have no way to push Biden aside without disenfranchising every democratic primary voter.
    I don't think that's correct. People vote for candidates but the delegates to the convention choose who will run. It's not a 1:1 kind of thing.

Of course there would be a bunch of horse-trading, speechifying in public and deal-making in the back room, and in this case it'd be a pretty radical vote-realignment, but they could do it without looking unreasonable. Epidemic does change the rules.

Not that I think they will, but they could. Odder things have happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Why do people keep arguing with the couple of commie loving pieces of crap in here? What I want to know is why all the drastic measures haven't slowed the corona-virus down?

Far as I can tell there are two answers to that.

First, is that the measures HAVE slowed things down. Everyone talks about "exponential growth" but what matters is the exponent. In my own County the Supervisors shut bars and restaurants down right before St. Patrick's Day. This is a college town with about 20,000 students (many from China, probably some from Italy etc.) in a County with around 250,000 people. Had they been doing the Mardis Gras - Spring Break - CPAC type mingling we'd be far worse off right now. Flattening the curve and all. We're still likely to run out of ventilators in local hospitals in a few weeks.

Second answer is that our own measures were late and botched compared to many other countries, so we're doing far worse than we should: Charts: Coronavirus is spreading faster in US than in other countries - Business Insider

We still have people, including here, who think this is pretty much just the flu. Probably one or two of 'em will post any time soon. A few with special ops conspiracy theories. Many in denial about what it says about our leadership. and preparedness. Our testing is still way behind - something most of us could figure was a problem weeks or months ago. Various state governors are political posturing rather than addressing the issue. There's still lousy leadership and conflicting messages at the national level.

19. Likes michiganbuck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    I'm in a western suburb of Toronto and about 50% are wearing masks but there's not many people out at all.

All the restaurants, theaters, parks and anywhere else people congregate have been closed for a couple weeks. All "non essential" business' are closed. They just started handing out $750 fines for people who do not "social distance" unless it's with someone in your own household.

I was surprised to hear from my buddies in Port Huron that are still "out and about".
    Here it is all over the map. Some stay home most of the time, others go out more frequently. Some wear masks, many don't. I went for a walk this morning and lots of people doing the same. Almost none wear masks. When 2 approach on a sidewalk one usually either steps into the street or into a driveway to give room. This is a fairly upscale community but it's another story elsewhere. The other day I stopped at a convenience store in a community with a large immigrant population (Central/South American). NOBODY I saw was wearing a mask and a group of young men were talking outside the store at most 2 feet apart. Inside some people (mostly Anglos) stayed apart in line but many did not. This "social distancing" flies in the face of generations of tradition in those communities and they just won't do it unless they are closely watched or someone is obviously sick. While driving I also see cops and construction workers close together at utility work sites and the most public example of not following "distancing" was the scene on TV news where the NYFD came out to cheer the hospital workers. Not only the fire department guys but also the hospital workers were standing shoulder to shoulder.

This stuff just doesn't work in America and while some hang on every bit of advice from the TV and follow it closely millions more don't. This is part of what makes so much of this look a farce. If the TV BS were true half the people who don't mask, glove and "distance" would be hospitalized by now. Healthy people can't get infected by other healthy people, despite what some would have us believe.

21. Likes michiganbuck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Washington State social distancing is not only the norm, it would be quite exceptional to see people not distancing. It is refreshing to see people understand, becacause of the high incidence of assymptomatic spreaders, that if we do actually distance whether we feel well or not, the rate of spread will be dramatically slowed. Here in Washington State the curve is already flattening. I think the credit for this largely lies with appropriate and accurate information from the media and and also to the strong and articulate leadership from Governor Jay Inslee who recognized early the need to distance and was willing to take a stand and close down restaurants, bars, non-essential business, public areas and the like. He did so realizing that the measures might not be popular or help his ratings but he understood early on that those measures would save lives and they have. I also credit the people of the state for also understanding the need to make uncomfortable changes and being willing to put them selves out as individuals in the common interest of us all.

This is America and we are for the most part thoughtful people willing individually to do what is right for the good of us all.

Denis

23. Likes michiganbuck, Milland liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT:[leadership from Governor Jay Inslee who recognized early to]..give him some at a boys March-16 was early and likely saved some lives.
    Balls enough to make a first move is important.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

heres what people need to hear.

image.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    QT:[leadership from Governor Jay Inslee who recognized early to]..give him some at a boys March-16 was early and likely saved some lives.
    Balls enough to make a first move is important.
    Common sense enough for political ENEMIES to put their shit-storms aside and do what they can for anybody they can is important, too. Fortunate that it has been happening a LOT.

Get past the hard part, "blame game" will come back even faster than the economy, but there you have it.

Probably the surest indicator we are back to "normal".