Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    The problem with masks is that many will readjust for comfort.
    This means touching your face which kills the entire concept.
    This cannot be overstated. If wearing a mask causes people to touch their face more, it is worse than no mask. Medical people get this- regular folks, not so much.

Don't touch your face, you won't get the virus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    This should not be understated. If wearing a mask causes people to touch their face more, it is worse than no mask. Medical people get this- regular folks, not so much.

I hope one of our more medically astute folks will chime in, but I'm of the understanding that the virus itself isn't mobile. In other words, when it settles to a (non-bioactive) surface, unless moved again it just stays there until it decomposes.

If this is the case, then simply touching your skin, including your face, isn't the big deal. It's introducing the virus to a mucus membrane or inhaling the virus particles.

I have the sense that "don't touch your face" is at least in part a euphemism for "don't stick your damn dirty finger in your nose" (or down your throat, in your eye, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They can just include one when they send us all our $1200.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I hope one of our more medically astute folks will chime in, but I'm of the understanding that the virus itself isn't mobile. In other words, when it settles to a (non-bioactive) surface, unless moved again it just stays there until it decomposes.

...I have the sense that "don't touch your face" is at least in part a euphemism for "don't stick your damn dirty finger in your nose" (or down your throat, in your eye, etc.).
    Yes. The virus is not a mobile organism. It's not even an organism at all.

It's another way of saying "Don't put the virus in the proximity of the 5 bodily orifices through which it can invade your respiratory system".

Touch someone who has it, touch an infected surface, touch your face. That's how you get it.

Easy to say, hard to do.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

By al the threads Milland has now created about Corona,,safe to say he is our Virus guy ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    By al the threads Milland has now created about Corona,,safe to say he is our Virus guy ?
    Perhaps it's just that I take it seriously, as in, it could kill my cohort.

And imagine what it would have been like if someone aware and concerned about this disease could have done, if he/she was, oh, President? Perhaps we'd have had mobilization weeks earlier, devices on order, emergency stocks of PPE and medications distributed - hmm?

But maybe you're more comfortable with a passive president, or a lying one. Or both.

7. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He was probably too busy being distracted by the phony-ass impeachment efforts. Or by un-doing the monkey business with China his predecessor foisted upon us.

9. Likes Jim Williams, MichaelP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not a phony impeachment. He was impeached, is impeached, and always will be an impeached president. He's going to wear that for the rest of his life, and it'll be in all the history books.

But Moscow Mitch bailed his ass out, so there we are. A corrupt Senate rescued the corrupt president. And interestingly, when a president has a cabinet, not every element of that cabinet is involved in impeachment proceedings. Some, like the HHS branches can do things like monitor contagions and the like.

Oh, and "monkey business"? That would be the orange ape's specialty.

11. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

This cannot be overstated. If wearing a mask causes people to touch their face more, it is worse than no mask. Medical people get this- regular folks, not so much.

Rutt Roh...I'm gonna need the cone....

13. Likes jancollc, Yan Wo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Rutt Roh...I'm gonna need the cone....
    The Cone of Shame? Do they even make them your size?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If this is the case, then simply touching your skin, including your face, isn't the big deal. It's introducing the virus to a mucus membrane or inhaling the virus particles.

I have the sense that "don't touch your face" is at least in part a euphemism for "don't stick your damn dirty finger in your nose" (or down your throat, in your eye, etc.).

That is my understanding as well Milland. The virus is currently considered ‘droplet’ and not ‘airborne’. (That may change as more research is done, but that’s how it goes)

Virus on hand, hand to face, virus on face. Later in the day, we rub our nose and face (shove finger in nose to extract meteor sized booger), virus in respiratory tract.

Also a worry: virus on hand, hand rubs face and then eyes — virus goes to town. There are a lot more bacteria and virus fighting systems in the nose/mouth than there are in the eyes.

16. Likes Milland, jancollc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not a phony impeachment. He was impeached, is impeached, and always will be an impeached president. He's going to wear that for the rest of his life, and it'll be in all the history books.

But Moscow Mitch bailed his ass out, so there we are. A corrupt Senate rescued the corrupt president. And interestingly, when a president has a cabinet, not every element of that cabinet is involved in impeachment proceedings. Some, like the HHS branches can do things like monitor contagions and the like.

Oh, and "monkey business"? That would be the orange ape's specialty.

You cuddle up with that little cup of satisfaction...it's all you're ever gonna get. History will record his 'impeachment' as the sham it was. It was a failed impeachment. A failure. Failure.

As for 'orange'...I thought it was not acceptable to make fun of a person's skin color? Or did that change now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    You cuddle up with that little cup of satisfaction...it's all you're ever gonna get. History will record his 'impeachment' as the sham it was. It was a failed impeachment. A failure. Failure.
    Keep telling yourself that, precious.

As for 'orange'...I thought it was not acceptable to make fun of a person's skin color? Or did that change now?
    Not when it's self applied (with a trowel). And despite all the spackle, he still can't get rid of those wattles and jowls. Sort of a missing link between hominids and turkeys.

19. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Don't give poop if you think him wrong or right, We need those guys.
    They keep the alarm bell ringing and we need that bell loud, clear and out front.
    He cares a ton and that makes him golden in my view if I disagree or not with a post.
    Bob

21. Likes fusker, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trump is a very smart man. But he has a very severe narcissistic disorder with a big helping of sociopath and bully. He does nothing for anybody but himself.
    Look up the 7 biggest outward signs of a sociopath. You will also see psychopath is closely related. That is why there is so very much fake information coming from a fake president. He does not give one shit about you, just your vote. He is doing a lot of good things for the wrong reason, and making some serious fuckups along the way.
    "If 100,000 people die then we have done a good job". More and more news stations dropped his evening reports because they are fake reports. He knows a strong stock market has a good chance of keeping him in office, ALL he thinks about.

23. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Added to this, wearing gloves fosters an INCREASED level in touching just about EVERYTHING. It's just the way humans are wired.
    One level of sensory separation and we feel "out of touch" and so try to compensate by touching MORE. Try it on yourself! Pay attention to what you do.

and this

Surgeon general urges Americans to remain home, says masks should not be worn by healthy people | On Air Videos | Fox News

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    They keep the alarm bell ringing and we need that bell loud, clear and out front.
    He cares a lot.
    Bob
    I think this is the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me.

And that includes my mom...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy887 View Post
    Trump is a very smart man. But he has a very severe narcissistic disorder with a big helping of sociopath and bully. He does nothing for anybody but himself.
    Look up the 7 biggest outward signs of a sociopath. You will also see psychopath is closely related. That is why there is so very much fake information coming from a fake president. He does not give one shit about you, just your vote. He is doing a lot of good things for the wrong reason, and making some serious fuckups along the way.
    "If 100,000 people die then we have done a good job". More and more news stations dropped his evening reports because they are fake reports. He knows a strong stock market has a good chance of keeping him in office, ALL he thinks about.

You give him too much credit. Trump is a business man. (Whew! We needed one!)
    He is not a medical person, he has not the "lived experience" of a pandemic (have you?)
    He tries to see the good in every situation but only from a business perspective. Obama was a failure, Bush was a failure Clinton was a failure. So what!?

Actually listen to what the POTUS says. The words! He is not endorsing the use of certain chemical treatments for Covid-19, he merely points out that there is some hope there. Do you not wish for hope in troubled times?

Help where you can.

27. Likes jancollc liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I found this article from yesterday pretty informative.

It'''s Time to Face Facts, America: Masks Work | WIRED

29. Likes Glug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Not when it's self applied (with a trowel). And despite all the spackle, he still can't get rid of those wattles and jowls. Sort of a missing link between hominids and turkeys."

This coming from a guy* who must dream of a three way with Nancy and Hillary... the two ugliest, nastiest Beasts of America. He makes fun of a man's appearance when he can't fault his policy. Who cares what man looks like if his policy is solid? Nancy and Hillary? Stupid ideas and ugly, too. They got nothing.

You seem to think being 'impeached' is some sort of disgrace. It no longer is when it's a failure. A Failure. Utter failure. It's a sort of badge of honor. It's what you get when the 'tards know they've lost, and lost good.

*I am calling you a guy for the sake of brevity. I recognize your group doesn't believe in gender and that you may well have parts -orange parts, even -from several sexes.