What's new
What's new

Chick One LOC?

Lazyman

Aluminum
Is anyone using these vises and how are they performing. They have all the features I'm looking for except the on the new versions, the base is apparently made of cast aluminum with ground steel plate bolted to the top. Wish they just kept the older cast iron design and put fixed jaw on front and other improvements they did. I'm getting a lot of low quantity stuff and always taking vises on and off the table and constantly changing jaws so this looks great but I'm not sure if I can get over the cast aluminum part.

Have a chick rep come show you the vise. I think you will change your mind about the aluminum. We did.... Lots of chick mql1550s in all our CNC Mills. I think we have close to 70 now

^^ +1
Call your Chick distributor and have them bring the Chick rep for a demo.
I don't have the new style,but we have a dozen of the older style. They are worth every penny.
Solid middle = no chip pile up
quick movable jaw = great for a job shop
quick change jaws = make your own, it's easy.

Reading only the title of the thread, I worried that this might be one of those interwebs sites that my wife doesn't want me to look at.

I talked to a rep and willing to let go of the aluminum thing and my back will thank me I'm sure. Another question, do the the bottom of vise jaws make contact with the vise bed for repeatiblity in Z? I understand that there is a dowel pin for X but what surface is responsible for Z? My main concern is that I will have multiple vises and I want to be able to use a jaw I cut in one vise and use it in another and having it reference of the bed would be great. Ideally I can use my soft jaws in any vise and not have to keep track of it all like I do with carvesmarts.

Back