What's new
What's new

Chinese dividing head type BS-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnoUgric

Plastic
This dividing head is available in many different brands in eBay, Amazon and probably also outside auction sites.
I have been looking for an economical dividing head for my milling machine. It seems like all the used ones are way too big and not so decently prized considering their condition. At least this is the situation in Europe.
Then I bought this Chinese product BS-0 from eBay.
What I received was a building kit of a dividing head. The apparatus was baptized in earwax. In fact it was half way filled with that stuff and it was totally unusable straight from the package. After cleaning it appeared that I had also bought a lot of grinding particles. I can tell this by looking into the residue in my cleaning container. A lot of razor sharp edges and unfinished surfaces where those should have been finished.
So is it worth buying this item considering the affordable prize ?
For a hobbyist who has all the time in the world it is a sweet deal as it comes with built in activity.
For a professional it is totally useless or even harmful as it wastes the valuable time and probably will not last long enough to generate any noticeable ROI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back