What's new
What's new

Chinese Spindle Repair

paragon

Plastic
Hi... I have a 5.5 kw ATC water cooled chinese spindle that needs to be rewound..short in two phases of three..I have at local motor repair shop and they are not sure how to get stator out...anyone know about this?
Thanks

Disposable class spindle? I am pretty sure they are pressed in.

may not be worth trying to save...atc works great so it seems a waste to throw out...I've never rewound a motor but it looks interesting..would be fun to try..

Does the manufacturer have a USA department so you can hash it out in English? Or the distributor, is he unwilling to help find the info?
With the current anti-China climate I'd think manufacturers would be more willing to help you out.

Does the manufacturer have a USA department so you can hash it out in English? Or the distributor, is he unwilling to help find the info?
With the current anti-China climate I'd think manufacturers would be more willing to help you out.

I tried that...no US presence..they offered rebuild but with shipping and taxes came to almost new cost..I would really consider trying it myself..I saw on another forum where a guy did pretty much the same thing...mostly because he was curious and was told it was too hard to do.But maybe I should try that again with a more precise request for information..

Thanks for your considerate reply..

I tried that...no US presence..they offered rebuild but with shipping and taxes came to almost new cost..I would really consider trying it myself..I saw on another forum where a guy did pretty much the same thing...mostly because he was curious and was told it was too hard to do.But maybe I should try that again with a more precise request for information..

Thanks for your considerate reply..

Argggh, THAT sounds like fun........:wall:

Back