What's new
What's new

Choice for 8 foot led light tubes for FA8 sockets?

rons

Diamond
Looking at the other recent post about LED light tubes, the add for greenlightdepot.com came up.
They 4 different 8 foot LED tube lights that fit FA8 socket. The temp range is 4000K, 5000K, 6000K.

Where did you buy your 8 foot led tubes?
What color temperature?
Did you use a center support on the tub to keep it from bending?

I purchased mine through Amazon. The brand is JOMITOP. I got the 6000K Cold White, rated 4500LM, frosted. They work great, are much brighter than the fluorescent ones which were there, and are "instant on". I wouldn't go any less bright, and my shop is painted white. I got the supports for the centers, as they tend to sag otherwise.

Ditto on what DrHook said on the supports, frosted and Lumens. I got mine on ebay in 2016, but the vendor is no longer showing up there. I bought a pair of the 5000k and the 6000k to determine which I would prefer before ordering what i needed. I personally like the 5000k better, then again I think it's a personal preference. I paired the 2 6000k with 2 5000k and unless you look directly at them you don't notice it.

I purchased mine through Amazon. The brand is JOMITOP. I got the 6000K Cold White, rated 4500LM, frosted. They work great, are much brighter than the fluorescent ones which were there, and are "instant on". I wouldn't go any less bright, and my shop is painted white. I got the supports for the centers, as they tend to sag otherwise.

I posted this because I have to either use four 8 footers or convert to eight 4 footers and change the fixtures.

Which one did you get from this link?

https://www.amazon.com/s?i=merchant-items&me=AIZOEEGDMTDTQ&qid=1603754006&ref=sr_pg_1

What is the opinion on 270 degree LED lights?

Went to Home Cheapo and bought the only 8 foot LED tubes they had for single point contact points on each side of the tube.

Halco (sounds like a rip-off namne from Halo)
5500 Lumens
42 Watt
50,0000 hours (must be a conversion factor to get the real number from this ChiComm figure)
Daylight shade
Frosted glass
2-pack price 45.95

Now there is no more transformer hum up above me. That hum always made me feel rushed in the work I was doing.
Now it is quiet. But talk about Arclight. Probably too bright now.

I must admit that I first bought one pack of 2 tubes just to try out
not expecting much because of the frosted glass, or is it plastic? Removed the transformer from the fixture and
tube goes right in without a center support. Very bright and only two tubes practically lit the whole place up.
Went back an hour later and got another 2 pack. The lady at Home Cheap said I can return the tubes with orignal
packing. So now I am just checking them out and may make a center support from clear plastic. I may have payed more
for the privilege of an easy return.

(The way I see it is that if the ChiComms want to test there products on me then I have the right to test as well, free of charge)

The ones I got are the ones labeled JOMITOP. I didn't see the 270 degree ones, or the "V" ones, or I may have been tempted...As it turns out, These are just great. I either am used to them now, or they dimmed down just a shade after the first couple weeks.

I either am used to them now, or they dimmed down just a shade after the first couple weeks.

I'm calling it ArcLight. They didn't dim, you eye receptors have been over radiated. :D

I'm turning on the light switch and not hearing that hum any more. Now the brightness is at the top end. Maybe approaching the irritating point.
The tubes are so bright I have a strange sense of guilt about using excessive energy. :o

Sounds like I will be able to just use one tube in each of the 4 two tube fixtures in my shop when the current florescent ones go. :-)
...lewie...

I started with three dual eight foot fixtures. Then down to two dual fixtures. This was with flour. tubes.

I already have a few short LED tubes which all have clear covers. So I'm thinking that clear is better for photon transmission.

I shopped a little and noticed that four footers have clear covers, The eight footers have frosted covers. So I thought the frost cover would
not be that good. It is good. I brought this up because I was prepared to remove the two eight foot fixtures and replace with four 4 foot fixtures.
So that I could get tubes with clear covers, and have more varieties to choose from in the smaller size. All that goes away with these bright mothers.
Frosted covers appear to rock.

Back