What's new
What's new

Searching for single edge magnetic edge finder "CHAIR"

Spoosman

Plastic
I have been searching the internet to find a "Chair" edge finder that isn't as much as a car payment. It seems only one company makes them now. Should I just bite the bullet or is there some hidden place I can purchase one from.

I have been searching the internet to find a "Chair" edge finder that isn't as much as a car payment. It seems only one company makes them now. Should I just bite the bullet or is there some hidden place I can purchase one from.

If two precision-ground HSS blanks aren't good enough? Just rob a broken set of used gage blocks and do a partial "bypass."

Why did you think nobody can make a living selling them but once in a lifetime to less than one-quarter of a percent of all mill-hands who might use one only "every now and then" even if they know what they are and HOW TO?

The problem is us "FOG's" (f...'in, old guys) still think of these as basic 'prentice-projects the thing you made after you made a 1" gage-cube with hammer / chisels, and file!

I think I saw a cheap one in a recent Travers Tool flyer. It's something I've always been going to make, but never get around to it.

Actually if you do a search Travers comes up for $130+.

OP is new, but I might be willing to part with mine for $50 or so, payment up front as he is new....

I haven't used it years, but last I checked I think it was within a few tenths comparing to using an indicator and gage block to find the same edge.

Just looked, even fleabay is out the wazoo for them!!

Back