What's new
What's new

Christmas came early!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve-l

Titanium
I just bought a brand new Suburban 6 x 12" Sine plate and two new 12" x 12" Suburban angle plates. I repeat new, like never used, for $500. These things just never happen to me, but the angels were there for me today.

I just bought a brand new Suburban 6 x 12" Sine plate and two new 12" x 12" Suburban angle plates. I repeat new, like never used, for $500. These things just never happen to me, but the ^^^ angles ^^^ were there for me today.

Fixed the spelling for yah.

:D

Good on yah!

MY luck... VAT would be re-calculated ... on the brand-new ... MSRP!!!

..and "there goes the neighbourhood!"

:(

Before this thread gets locked, I gotta tell my story again....

'Jane' was my mother's best friend for decades. When Jane's husband 'George' died in his early 80's, one of Jane's other friends (who was into needlepoint big-time) made this large framed needlepoint 'picture' for Jane as a memoriam. It showed several heavenly angels flying around in the clouds with a bunch of vines, flowers, etc. The whole catastrophe. It must have taken hours and hours. Jane had it hung right inside the front door of her house, for all to see. Oh...it also had a bunch of very nicely executed script which read, "May he forever rest in Peace, for George sleeps with the angles".

Before this thread gets locked, I gotta tell my story again....

'Jane' was my mother's best friend for decades. When Jane's husband 'George' died in his early 80's, one of Jane's other friends (who was into needlepoint big-time) made this large framed needlepoint 'picture' for Jane as a memoriam. It showed several heavenly angels flying around in the clouds with a bunch of vines, flowers, etc. The whole catastrophe. It must have taken hours and hours. Jane had it hung right inside the front door of her house, for all to see. Oh...it also had a bunch of very nicely executed script which read, "May he forever rest in Peace, for George sleeps with the angles".

I assume George had been a trigonometry professor.

Are you guys trying to get acute with us?

Maybe George was living in sin.

Adding to the off-topic BS...my folks had a wooden sign above their front door that said "welcome friends". After years in the weather, one of the attached letters gave up the ghost and fell off. For years after that, the sign spelled out "welcome fiends". I laughed every time I went in the door..I thought it was rather open minded to welcome fiends into your home....but that's how we are in 'Kalifornia'!!;)

Ghoulish Stu

...but that's how we are in 'Kalifornia'!!;)

Ghoulish Stu

"Goulish Stu?" Or Goulash stew?

I use a dash of "Carolina Reaper" when I make the LATTER!

Dare yah!

You can literally "bet your a**" that your "BS" will be more than just "off topic!"

Minds me of a mate of mine. Victor Charlie watched for the light in his upstairs loo to come on in his old French Villa.. them hit it with a B-40!

He had twigged to the "incoming" and cleared-tiles just before it blew the loo to shards!

Big 'ole Missouri farm boy with a droll Irish sense of humour, John just blamed the lousy chow!

Lived to write it into a novel and make a few sheckels, some years later!

:D

Back in the 80's, Kenny had a pretty nice drag boat. A bunch of guys would hang around his shop to pitch in and after a few races they decided to form a drag boat racing team. Each guy had a role based on his talents, except Scott who was just sort of there. He had no particular talent other than being the small guy who talked big and loud.

So, Scott decided to order those red satin-y racing jackets for the team that they could all wear to the races. Each jacket was to have on the back in big letters the crew member's name and function. Scott went down and filled in all the appropriate order forms. Kenny's jacket said 'Owner'. Mike's said 'Mechanic'. Larry's said 'Driver', etc. Scott's jacket? Well, Scott designated himself 'Crew Chief'. Only, his spelling wasn't so great and when he put on his jacket and showed everyone, they noticed it said 'Crew Chef'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back