What's new
What's new

Chucking reamers

When you say you "looked at several", where were you looking? Because the obvious reason you didn't find any 1/4" reamers is there were none to find. 0.2405" is not even the standard undersized-for-dowel-press-fit reamer size for 1/4" dowels.

0.2500" is a very common reamer size if you are buying new. Also 0.2520" and 0.2495" for slip-fit and press-fit with 1/4" dowels. Customary tolerances on those sizes +- 0.0005", not 0.0001". Nominal 1/4" standard dowel pins are usually ground 0.0002" oversize, and oversize 1/4" pins are ground 0.001" oversize.

funny, I was just looking for a 1/4 reamer, and all I could find were 1/4 reamers.

I guess that's because I looked in the 1/4 reamer drawer. Now if I could only find my glasses and my car keys.

Are people really that bored that they are looking up year old threads to reply to?

2020-08-07 12_51_57-View Profile_ crisbarco - Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Techno.png

Pretty obvious what he's here for. Gammons is in CT.........so is he.... :toetap:

You just made sure I'll never buy anything from your company. Go tell your boss that.

Are people really that bored that they are looking up year old threads to reply to?

When you are going through the forum looking for threads of interest and you got time to kill, you end up on page 20 before you realize it, then you go back to the open tabs and start reading.. and you will eventually get to something to reply to and you might see the date. And hey, if the question has not really been answered, leave it.

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam & spam

I knew it! I knew ChipSplitter was a spammer! Ban him! Burn him at the stake! Burn his steak! Burnnn, I say!

[The preceding has been brought to you by a total lack of sleep]

[And who else thinks the OP meant to type ".2495" rather than .2405?]

I knew it! I knew ChipSplitter was a spammer! Ban him! Burn him at the stake! Burn his steak! Burnnn, I say!

[The preceding has been brought to you by a total lack of sleep]

[And who else thinks the OP meant to type ".2495" rather than .2405?]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys caught me at last.....:cryin:

Actually, this entire thread is a farce started by a troll and revived by a spammer (was it me?).

What is the world coming to? :rolleyes5:

Burning at the stake is too good for him. Throw him in jail where he will end up married to the guy with the most cigarettes. That'le learn him durn him.

Back