What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Milling machine company vise

Tom-s

Plastic
I have a small machining vise manufactured by the Cincinnati Milling Machine Company. It swivels both horizontally and vertically. I have not been able to find any information on this vise and would appreciate any information someone might have.

Attachments

• IMG_3678[1].jpg
    IMG_3678[1].jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3677[1].jpg
    IMG_3677[1].jpg
    87 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3680[1].jpg
    IMG_3680[1].jpg
    94 KB · Views: 107
Vise looks like it has been modified. That vise I believe is part of a compound swivel type and made to use on a Cincinnati T & C grinder. The real milling vise they offered was fairly big and massive from what I recall. Most people back in the day bought these mills to run fixtures on for making parts. Few actually used vises to hold work pieces with. Those that did have a vise bought them from companies like B & S and universal. Not saying Cincinnati ever made them to sell, I'm sure they did offer them.

Thanks for the reply's. It is fairly light duty but as with all Cincinnati equipment very well built and suitable for doing light work on my bench top mill. I don't think it has been modified in any way as the horizontal rotation is cast into the base and the key is also cast into the base. See photos. Any idea what year it may have been mfg'd?

Attachments

• IMG_3687[1].jpg
    IMG_3687[1].jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3688[1].jpg
    IMG_3688[1].jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 34

Back