What's new
What's new

Clausing 12x36

Yyc403

Plastic
Hey gents, just picked up my first lathe. I believe it’s a Clausing 100 MK3a (please correct me if wrong). There is no identification stamp or tags anywhere on it (including on the tail stock and lathe bed). If you view the apron you will see there is no engagement for long power feed, yet it does have power cross feed. Is there something I’m missing here, or am I going to have to use the half nuts for my power long feed?

Any help at all would be appreciated, and of course the thread dial is missing.

224-A4-AD3-FB8-D-4-B2-B-B968-2-AAE6169-A8-D4 — ImgBB

I am not sure about the 100 series but newer models have a single lever to do both functions. You need to slide it sideways while in "neutral" to change modes.

If it really is a Mk3, it appears it should be some form of a button on the apron that you can push / pull. Scroll down to the MK3 section on this link, and it describes it. Otherwise if it is an earlier version, it appears to only have power cross feed, and you must make up the change gears appropriately to use the lead screw for longitudinal feed.

Clausing 12-inch Models 100 & 200 lathes

This is a shot of the Mk 3 apron form the link. Its to hard to tell from your photo, but in the photo attached you can see the push button needed to change feed directions

mk3.jpg

Back