What's new
What's new

clausing 1500 feed wont work

dobiestein

Plastic
bought this machine from a guy who stated that he took the front apron off to reseal it and when put it back on it wont feed. i have done some research and in talking with guy who i bought it from there seems to be "spring" that is not engaged into the bottom handle. i cant get the page from the manual to load but if you have one of these lathes you will know what im talking about. basically im looking for anyone that has had that front apron off and how did you manage to get the spring back on the reverse feed plunger.

im afraid i just bought a boat anchor

Somebody built it and somebody put it together, so there's no reason it should be a boat anchor.

I puzzled over the parts diagram I found online, but I can't make out from that where the attachment points are supposed to be. I take it that this knob must help operate some sort of sliding key? What is the purpose of the spring?

Your provision of information is niggardly, at best. If it were the spring, it probably would feed but only if you held up the feed handle. Does it feed when you hold up the handle?

Is the feed shaft spinning? If it's not spinning, it'll never feed no matter what you do with the handle. If it's not spinning, you might have a sheared-off safety pin. Those are located on the feed gear back in the headstock, I believe under the removable cover. The pin is there to shear first before a major feed-inspired crash happens.

Back