What's new
What's new

Clear sleeves for prints out on the floor

We're looking to start protecting our prints and travelers that are out on the shop floor so they don't get filthy from our idiot operators.
What do you guys use?

Thoughts on these from Office Depot?
Stride Easy Fit Color Bar Sheet Protectors 11 x 17 Assorted Colors Pack Of 6� by Office Depot & OfficeMax
my place drawings are not to be kept for long as they worry about revision level changes and they prefer operator look at drawing on the computer from drawing portal which will only show latest up to date drawings
operator writing on drawing kind of normal, getting drawing dirty kind of normal. we just print out another if needed. as computer screens get bigger we print less. normal to have one or 2 computers near each machine. assembly has computers with 27" screen.
operator notes that is operator needs something to write things down is common. as simple as dimension mid point of tolerance or important thing to look out for. i write on program hardcopy print out all the time. can be as simple as watch out for ..... as i scrapped a part on 6/6/2016 cause of this

Those look pretty flimsy. We used to use heavy duty ones where I used to work, but I don't know where they got them.

my place drawings are not to be kept for long as they worry about revision level changes and they prefer operator look at drawing on the computer from drawing portal which will only show latest up to date drawings
operator writing on drawing kind of normal, getting drawing dirty kind of normal. we just print out another if needed. as computer screens get bigger we print less. normal to have one or 2 computers near each machine. assembly has computers with 27" screen.
operator notes that is operator needs something to write things down is common. as simple as dimension mid point of tolerance or important thing to look out for. i write on program hardcopy print out all the time. can be as simple as watch out for ..... as i scrapped a part on 6/6/2016 cause of this

What?
Thanks for babbling on and not answering my question.

They are called shop ticket holders or job ticket holders. They come in various sizes. Most will be sturdy and have a metal grommet to allow hanging on a nail or hook. Some are clear on the front and some are clear on both sides.

Amazon.com: shop ticket holder

I use them under my sinks to hold the faucet, garbage disposal or other pertinent instructions and papers. They can also be used to store papers for machine tools in the tool cabinet.

Larry

We have been down this road as well and do use the clear plastic holders as previously mentioned and they do work well. What didn't work well was getting the sleeves 'just slightly larger' than your paperwork. This does obviously depends on how much paperwork, or whatever, you need to place in the holder, but if you have a lot it becomes difficult to install/remove....

-Jim

Larry's got it. We used this style:
Amazon.com : C-Line Vinyl Shop Ticket Holders, Both Sides Clear, 9 x 12 Inches, 5 per Box (8912) : Job Ticket Holders : Office Products
The traveller was on top, with the drawing, etc. behind it; you could barcode scan without taking the traveller out.

Be aware that the toner used for xerox copies and laser printer printouts will soon stick to vinyl sheets. The problem is that the plasticizer used to soften the vinyl also dissolves the toner ink.

Also, magic-marker ink will diffuse into the vinyl sheet, permanently marking the sheet with a blurry image of the writing.

If all this is a problem, get sleeves made of acetate or mylar, not vinyl.

Water-based inks do not stick to vinyl. Don't know about inkjet ink; this may vary by brand.

Joe Gwinn

i use a plastic laminator machine i put sheet in plastic put through machine and it heat seals it together. i often use with magnetic tape for signs to hang up.
can write on it with a marker and wash off with alcohol soaked rag
the plastic laminator sleave you do not have to heat seal if thats what you want

As above. If the drawing's only 9x12" as evidenced by the links above, just laminate the drawing.

For full sized drawings (A1 or A0 in metric land), either print on polyester film for longer life or treat the paper drawings as disposable.

Back