What's new
What's new

Repair gressel vise MHS Grefors

laurentl38

Plastic
hello,

I have a Gressel vise (MHS125) whose end of the clamping rod is broken (photo).
Having already contacted Gressel, it changes the whole block and do not do details, the price (not far from 4 digits) is felt ... And they are, unfortunately not very loquat on the way to dismount the block

I already tried to unscrew the "puck" with the 4 blind holes, but nothing comes. So, before going to the "hard" and the risk of deteriorating a little more.

Does anyone know or have already disassembled this item?
would there be a trick, something that would have escaped me?

gressel.JPG

Thanks for any help!
Laurent

very good idea thank you for the info.
I just looked for patents on this vice. and I found it.
Here I understood everything, there is not much solution, we must unscrew the piece (24).
The fact that there is 4 belleville washer. It must really force with a key and a large extension.
I do not see other elements that could prevent the piece from opening (24)

US5813666.jpg

I must try to unscrew the ring again.
if I can not do it or I finish destroying it at demoting. I replace the system by a classic screw. It will be worse, but still better than nothing ...

unfortunately in the description of the patent, there is no indication, whether it is right or left hand. to test ...

if you intend to use the vise yourself,there will be no need for the device......they are designed to prevent damage by imbecile workers using lead hammers and the like to tighten vises.

hello,

I arrived to find some time for a new attempt at dismantling.
I made a key and with a piece of tube inside, I could unscrew the nut.
I solder a piece of rod and make the edge.
After reassembly, all works perfectly.

I had contact Gressel to know the price of a repair, they told me about 900Euro!

Like, it comes from the scrap dealer, I'm doing pretty well. it just missed the jaws, to remake or find opportunity ...

In the end, I do not have a bad deal ... ;-)
DSC_0375.jpgDSC_0380.jpgDSC_0384.jpg

Back