What's new
What's new

Compressor and dryer opinions, keep or trash

SShep71

Hot Rolled
I just won a lot of compressors and air dryers from an auction. I only wanted the one Speedaire dryer, but I am not sure if I am going to even keep it at this point. There is a 1993 Kaeser SK26 screw, a 2004 Coaire 15M scroll, a 2005 Kaeser TC36 dryer, a Speedaire 5Z658 dryer, and a random dryer that I haven't found the tags on yet. I have a 1994 IR SSR7.5 screw at my shop now and I have never come close to running down the lines or the tank. The Coaire compressor needs a display/control but if I manually jog the contactors everything works and it puts out a ton if air. The Kaeser SK26 works, it just needs to be cleaned up and serviced with fluids and filters, the Kaeser TC36 works with no problems, the Speedaire doesn't work right now as I have all the covers taken off to clean it the problem is that it is just to big for my needs.

Any ideas, opinions? I was thinking about keeping one of the compressors for a "spare" but room is scarce. Is the Coaire worth putting money into and trying to sell it? Can I even get parts for the Coaire? Not really sure about the compressors and dryers as I know it is really specific to medium sized manufacturing.

Back