What's new
What's new

converting hydraulic motor specs

cg285

Stainless
group 2 bsp ported gear pump 6cc

what is that in american english? having trouble finding where to convert displacement to gpm

when i am looking at specs to buy one rpm is not mentioned. on this side of the lake they are rated @gpm, the other side at Xcc. would not the gpm change with speed also?

You need to know the speed you will be running the pump at.
You also need to know the speed to convert from gpm into displacement.

i converted 6.3cc to .384ci and found a listing for a pump @6gpm. looking at that link i assume it refers to liters per minute which comes to 2.3gpm @1500, so 4.6gpm at 3000 which doesn't match the other at 6gpm

maybe 4.6 rounds off to 6

Last edited:
i converted 6.3cc to .384ci and found a listing for a pump @6gpm. looking at that link i assume it refers to liters per minute which comes to 2.3gpm @1500, so 4.6gpm at 3000 which doesn't match the other at 6gpm

maybe 4.6 rounds off to 6

The link you provide clearly stated "at 1500 rpm" I would not extrapolate
that up to 3000 rpm.

I agree and click on the specification heading

That pump has a max speed of 3500 rpm which I worked out to 22 l /min or 5.8 US gal / min

I see that now,(separate max speed listed up top) usually I see the spec's given for the max conditions.

my american link said 3gph@1500 6gpm@3000

And that depends on who did the maths,

A tip for conversion, forget about cubic inches etc etc it confuses the picture -stick to liquid volume 1000 cc's = 1 litre. 1 litre = 0.264172 US gallons

Believe it or not, volume per rev and RPM are the same both sides of the Atlantic ;)

would there be a problem is the l/gpm was higher than specified? like on a dirt bike it's all in the throttle

Are you asking to push the GPM higher than max rated ?

What are you trying to do with this motor ?

More gallons per minute at a given pressure takes more tourqe to pump, theres no free ride on this stuff. Most hydrulic pumps will extrapolate up and down pretty linearly, there fixed or nearly fixed displacement devices, its only at very low speed will they fall off, generally as speed increases they pump more as leakage reduces.

not push the gpm higher but purchase a pump with a higher gpm rating (which is more readily available)

small engine (13hp) powering 3 rams and one hyd motor.

You need different belt/gear drive ratio if you want to get the same pressure as you get with the smaller pump.

And that depends on who did the maths,

A tip for conversion, forget about cubic inches etc etc it confuses the picture -stick to liquid volume 1000 cc's = 1 litre. 1 litre = 0.264172 US gallons

Believe it or not, volume per rev and RPM are the same both sides of the Atlantic ;)

Ya'll dont use metric RPM?

Back