What's new
What's new

coolant pump wiring

jeffie_3

Aluminum
Have an old Jet saw. The coolant pump has never worked. I opened it up, and I need a wiring diagram to wire it to 220v. In the cap for the pump there is a wiring diagram. See photo. When I got the saw I had to redo the wiring for the saw. Don't know if the last owner had attempted to rewire the saw. The pump is a Fong Chyuan 1/8 hp Type YC. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for this saw?

Attachments

• wire9.jpg
    wire9.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 107
  • wire7.jpg
    wire7.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 65
why a wiring diagram, all the information is right there. if not knowing, find a local electrician, toss him 100 bucks and call it a day.
that one is a 110V/220V pump. just run it off 110 like its hooked currently, just need to replace that cap.

The information is not there. If it is I can't see it. There are wires labeled with numbers. I need to make sure they are correct. Yes I could call an electrician. It would be cheaper to just buy a new pump. It is better to try to repair than to just toss it. I can hook it up 110v. Just need to know if all of the black wires are tied together correctly. Like I said in the begining. Someone rewired the saw completely wrong. Not sure if they also did that to the pump.

Wow, that's the most pathetic excuse for a Chinglish wiring diagram I think I've ever seen. Judging by the capacitor this is a single phase motor, and judging by the "220V' with an arrow pointing to some of the connections it's probably dual-voltage.

I see six leads coming out of it. See if the numbering on the leads matches up with the NEMA standard:

T1, T2 for the first run winding.
T3, T4 for the second run winding.
T5, T8 for the start winding and centrifugal switch with a capacitor inserted in series.

http://www.rses.org/assets/serviceapplicationmanual/620-37.pdf

Page 10.

Right off the bat it looks like one of the leads for your start cap has broken off. Probably at least *one* of the reasons it won't run.

If you are going to try different combinations until this thing works then you might consider wiring an incandescent bulb in series with your leads. That way if something is a dead short then the bulb will just light up.

Thank you so much for this information. Going to read through the pdf you posted. The wiring diagram is B.S. for sure. I bought a new cap and will install it before I do anything with it. The wires are.

T1, T4, starter cap.
T2, T3, T5.
T6 starter cap.

Thank you again so much for the information. If it is a good pump I hate tossing it out and getting another one.

If nothing else, separate all of the leads and ohm them out. If it's a dual voltage reversible cap start motor (most are) you should have two higher resistance run windings and one lower resistance start winding. Just don't get the polarity backwards on the two run windings or they'll fight with each other. Reversing the polarity of the start winding with respect to the run windings is how you reverse the motor if the pump runs backwards.

If I were to venture a scientific wild-ass guess, 5 and 6 might be your start winding. 1&2, 3&4 run windings?

iu

Thank you for your help. I have ohmed out the wires.

T1&T2 = 59 ohms
T3&T4 = 57 ohms
T5&T6 = 88 ohms
I tested a new cap and it is 4uF as it is stated.

I am not an electronic guy so if I have things backwards let me know.
According to the diagram you sent to wire the pump to 230 volts I would tie T2&T3 together. 115 volts on line T1 and 115 volts on line T4. I think I would tie one side of the cap to T1&T5? Not sure where to tie T6 Maybe T6&T2&T3 to ground?

Thanks,

Jeff

From your resistance measurements I interpret two run windings between 1,2 & 3,4 and a start winding between 5,6.

If this is a 120/240V motor and you want to power it from 240V, your connections should be as follows:

L1 - T1
L2 - T4, T6
Join T2, T3, T5

Insert the capacitor in series with either T5 or T6. Reverse T5 and T6 to reverse motor rotation.

From your resistance measurements I interpret two run windings between 1,2 & 3,4 and a start winding between 5,6.

If this is a 120/240V motor and you want to power it from 240V, your connections should be as follows:

L1 - T1
L2 - T4, T6
Join T2, T3, T5

Insert the capacitor in series with either T5 or T6. Reverse T5 and T6 to reverse motor rotation.

thanks for helping out

Back