What's new
What's new

Cordless hammer drill recommendations !!!

kathytorres

Plastic
Well, I've been putting it off for a while, but I've got a couple of jobs coming up out in the sticks, and I don't feel like lugging a generator out.

Gotta mount some frames to brick, then attach polymetal panels.

Does anyone have recommendations on a cordless hammer drill and bit sets that will do the trick? I don't mind taking a few extra batteries out with me.

It's here my interested: DEWALT DCD996B

If you're a DEWAL owner, would like to hear your experience with the extendable DEWAL durability and how they compare to other Cordless hammer drills you've tried.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

If they are larger than tapcon sized holes a real drill with SDS shank bits would be the way to go. A 2kw inverter generator is pretty easy to move around places too.

Makita 18V litium ion SDS, dont settle for anything less and it will do masses of holes a charge, with the exception of really large core drills no one uses leaded drills on site here in the uk any more. Trip hazard and agro just are not worth it, the 18V lithium drills drill as hard and fast as there mains counterparts.

Get a Impact driver for putting the bolts - screws in whilst your at it!

As a retired construction guy... I recommend you do NOT waste your time with cordless hammer drill. The model you mention will frustrate you and might make a couple holes eventually. That type of drill is more of a vibrator than hammer drill.

Try a Dewalt DCH133B. That with a SDS drill of your choice will make holes. I have an 18v version that with a cigarette lighter charger made thousands of holes. As I recall maybe 5 to 20 per charge.... but I was drilling 1/2" to 3/4" in concrete...

This is what happens when SPAMMERS and there original post are left ACTIVE.

and not deleted quickly.

Prepare for the incoming storm of SPAM, already had a DOS problem this A.M.

You guys are really awful at telling when someone is a spammer... I guess that's why they keep doing it...:stirthepot:

So, I ordered a family bucket of original crispy, 2 sides of mash, 2 sides of corn, and 33 biscuits with gravy.

I got a quarter pounder, no fucking cheese, and two cold whoppers. WTF?

You guys are really awful at telling when someone is a spammer... I guess that's why they keep doing it...:stirthepot:

Hey i generally don't reply to Digger Doug and especially thermite, :-)

I think He ment DOS as in denial of service, not the pre windows parasttic infection kind, that said both are kinda equally non productive!

Hey i generally don't reply to Digger Doug and especially thermite, :-)

I think He ment DOS as in denial of service, not the pre windows parasttic infection kind, that said both are kinda equally non productive!

I always though "Drain" was kinda fun. Staff would fire-up, first few minutes of the day, come running, horrified looks:

"There's WATER in my disk drive!"

It did all start out that way. Various Wizards teasing each other and takin' the piss over who had security or no.

Main-Board C&W Director once ASKED me to crack the NAS-50 at Kirby Street, the IT Manager being over-confident.

Poor sod came in the next morning, he knew right away he'd been 0wned off New York when his SuperAdmin screen prompt read:

ATARI>

:D

This is what happens when SPAMMERS and there original post are left ACTIVE.

and not deleted quickly.

Prepare for the incoming storm of SPAM, already had a DOS problem this A.M.

You guys are Sexist (or whatever you call it these days). Just because a lady-bot named Kathytorres wants to know about Hammer Drills on a Machinists forum, and provides a link to one she is thinking about, that has a connect to a price and how to buy. Doesn't make it SPAMz.

You guys are Sexist (or whatever you call it these days).

It used to be called simply "pussy hound", and gals didn't so much MIND it.
When they wanted it, they HAD it. When they didn't, they didn't.

It was always easily enough managed with "four" play.

"Four" not "fore" because it meant anywhere from four hours to four weeks of begging and pleading.

You guys are Sexist (or whatever you call it these days). Just because a lady-bot named Kathytorres wants to know about Hammer Drills on a Machinists forum, and provides a link to one she is thinking about, that has a connect to a price and how to buy. Doesn't make it SPAMz.

True, but "she" hasn't been back... one more piece of evidence.

Milwaukee is the professional choice.

If they are sold at Home Depot that would be degrading.

Things change: Milwaukee made in China? - The Garage Journal Board

"TTI, a Chinese company, bought the Milwaukee brand name in 2004 and the real Milwaukee Electric Tool company is gone. Now, Milwaukee is just a brand name that is owned by a company that is completely unafilliated, and quite different, than the original Milwaukee Electric Tool company. I've done work with both companies, and the difference in their philosophies, and the way they went about solving problems, is like night and day. Particularly with their engineers."

I have had a Black and Deker "Firestorm" drill that I believe is 18 volt for over ten years. The batteries hold a charge between uses even if sitting for a month or two.
I have a Milwaukee too, and the batteries even new dont seem to hold a charge if not used for a long period of time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back