Close
Login to Your Account
Page 105 of 216 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Care to tell us where you heard that? Source?

Here's one analysis: All-Mail Elections (aka Vote-By-Mail)

In California and many other states, mailed ballets are only for those who've proven citizenship, proven residence, and have a signature on file.
    You have a link to how California proves all those things? Voting applications are approved at the speed of light there. I should know, I lived there and moved around a lot when younger and always voted. I seriously doubt they are properly vetted, unless something has changed in the 10 years since I escaped from there.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    Willfully ignorant, crap, that describes you to a tee. trumpski proclaims over and over no big deal, his experts have to walk back his lies, but oh no, he is the genius

Big WTF

no effective screeng, BS bans, fail after fail after fail, now he is telling his staff not to call governors he doesn't like

little wannabe tin pot dictator
    No, I cite the factual timeline as we know it today. There will be more revelations uncovered, that much is certain just because of the holes that are yet to be filled in.

You spew out vitriol as if it's some kind of actual argument.

Yes, Trump has tried to avoid panic. Hasn't been very effective- too many people like you trying to politicize the crisis.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Yes, Trump has tried to avoid panic. Hasn't been very effective- too many people like you trying to politicize the crisis.
    The virus is certainly no laughing matter but when I read what you posted I did in fact laugh out loud. You really have no idea as to what's going on around you, do you?

4. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is false, but we all know there is no convincing you. I'm sure EG appreciates your support.

The virus spread around the world via International Air Routes. It arrived everywhere pretty much the same time, give or take a few days.

50% of the cases worldwide, and 2/3 of the dead are Europeans, who FAILED to act as quickly as the US.

The media and the democrats share some responsibility, the only thing on their (and your) minds when this began was IMPEACH TRUMP!!!

In February, after Trump was acquitted, it was "John Bolton must testify", interspersed with democrat primaries and Trump is a racist for placing travel restrictions on China. You know what they weren't saying? "Dangerous new Chinese SARS virus on the loose".

Thanks for the warning...not.

Trump is the one that brought this to the attention of everyone. The CDC had been watching it since January 3. Trump was briefed for the first time on January 18, even though China was still claiming no human transmission, and no new cases in Wuhan.

Milland, your blame game falls apart under the timeline, not that it makes one bit of difference to you- hell, you still believe the phony Russia-Trump conspiracy, long after it's been completely disproved.

So who could possibly talk sense to you anyway? You're willfully ignorant of the facts and unwilling to educate yourself.

You want to cite Trump statements at the beginning, but you place them in the context of the present. It's an evolving crisis, and the POTUS is adjusting his statements to the current situation. As anyone would do.
    You want to play the reality game with China, but the fantasy game with Trump. You ignored my "agreement" with you on China's lies, but whoops, if Dear Leader lies and fucks up it's like "No, no - didn't happen".

This is why it's pointless talking to you Trump-Tards. When the facts are in conflict with your fantasies your denial and magical thinking kicks in. Keep sucking that mushroom, you clearly to enjoy it. I'll keep shoving facts in your face, someday (someday) you'll have to accept them.

Or not, reality doesn't care. It keeps rolling along, along with all the Trump Crimes.

6. Likes Spud, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    The virus is certainly no laughing matter but when I read what you posted I did in fact laugh out loud. You really have no idea as to what's going on around you, do you?
    He's no different than any other cultist. I just hope the Kool-Aid doesn't get too bitter for him.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    He's no different than any other cultist. I just hope the Kool-Aid doesn't get too bitter for him.
    You can be quite the drama queen sometimes, Milland.

I guess I'll just wait for the end of the world at my VMC, lol.

9. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can be quite the drama queen sometimes, Milland.

I guess I'll just wait for the end of the world at my VMC, lol.
    Be sure you're wearing new white sneakers and clean underwear.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    No Gordon, I am watching this crisis tear through Europe, killing your doctors and nurses, forcing them to decide who lives and who dies, and bodies stacking up like cord wood in Ice Rinks.

I see 3,100 dead in the US, and over 26,000 dead in Europe (as of yesterday).

I am thankful that Trump's quick response gave the US more time to prepare, since I know it's going to hit every major US city with the same ferocity. I see the US building field hospitals all over the country- 100 so far, 9 in New York alone- BEFORE they are needed. The Comfort and Mercy on station BEFORE they are needed.

We are NOT out of ventilators and other supplies, even thought they are harder than hell to get. We have a mobilization of the private sector not seen since WW2, and will be producing huge amounts of PPE, medicines, and other needed equipment.

We are running several hundred concurrent clinical trials, both therapies and vaccines.

It will get much worse before it gets better, and I pray it won't be a worst case scenario for ANYONE.

I'm glad I am in the US right now, and I'm glad this came at a time when we have a POTUS that knows how to take charge. I would hate to have to ride this out anywhere else.

Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Utility bills and drivers licence? what the hell those have to do with voting?

13. Likes Screwmachine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad I am in the US right now, and I'm glad this came at a time when we have a POTUS that knows how to take charge. I would hate to have to ride this out anywhere else.
    Right. The guy who "took charge" after six weeks of deflection and ignorance, and he "took charge" by first handing it off to Pence, then allowing the ACTUAL PROFESSIONALS" to do their jobs. Well done, djt [/S]

But since you prefer what's going on here to, oh, how Singapore and Taiwan dealt with it, you'd really love being in Italy. Mamma Mia, indeed.

Coronavirus Lessons From Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong | Time

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You're so full of shit. This virus was seeded worldwide by the middle of January. China was claiming no new cases since Jan 3, no human transmission.
    Your squirming and lies are somewhat entertaining.

Testing protoccol available from germany as of January 13

https://www.who.int/docs/default-sou...b17c111902.pdf

Facts, instead of the shit you spew ?

Coronavirus Resources | IPAC Canada

"On 31 December 2019, the WHO China Country Office was informed of cases of pneumonia of unknown etiology detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province of China. The outbreak began in a seafood and poultry market in Wuhan, a city of 11 million in central China. Like SARS and MERS-CoV, the newly detected coronavirus has a zoonotic source, however, human to human transmission has been confirmed."

The world knew about this on December 31. Again, from canada (which has a remarkably low rate of infection at this time, due to a decent health care system and apparently a government with a functioning brain cell :

"The first human infections in China must have occurred in November 2019 or earlier. The first 59 suspected cases at the end of December 2019 and early January 2020 were admitted to Jinyintan Hospital, which was specially designated to isolate them.

On January 23, 2020, Chinese authorities closed off the city, canceling planes and trains leaving Wuhan and suspending buses, subways and ferry services. A second city in China, Huanggang was also placed in lockdown.

On January 24, 2020 travel was restricted to a total of 10 cities, affecting 50 million people. Public bus, railway and airline operations were also suspended in these cities.

On January 30, 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) announced that the novel coronavirus is considered a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC). The International Health Regulations Emergency Committee announcement this decision due to concern for further global spread after person-to-person spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was confirmed in 4 countries (Germany, Japan, Vietnam and the United States) outside of China.

As for February 5, 2020, forty major airlines around the world have canceled or reduced their flights to China until as late as March amid the coronavirus outbreak.

On February 19 and 21, 2020; cases were reported in Iran and Italy respectively with no known direct link to Mainland China.

On March 9, 2020 Italy expanded the quarantine from the Lombardy region to the entire country, as Italy’s case count surged. People throughout the country of 60 million were ordered not to travel other than for work or emergencies. South Korea and Iran have also imposed travel restrictions.

On March 11, 2020 the WHO declared COVID-19 viral disease a pandemic.

By March 17, 2020 travel bans and restrictions were implemented in many countries combined with various social distancing measures (ie. school, public space closures) in an effort to slow COVID-19 spread."

The US had MONTHS to prepare and deal with this, but your boy Donald didn't do shit. In fact he did worse than shit, he said time after time that it was nothing. On video.

Even here, in this very thread, weeks later, when I described what was going on you pooh-poohed it, "can't trust Chinese data", blown out of proportion, just the flu, trying to wreck our economy ... you fool. Right. They shut down a city of 12 million people for fun. Watching you froth is entertaining.

Go back and look, the posts are dated. This thread and a couple others. Right here.

By the time I was writing on it here, you still hadn't done a fucking thing ... except maybe piss and moan and claim commie data is not trustworthy.

Well, now you got your own data. I hope you're happy.

Oh yeah, we're pretty much done. You didn't even get off your ass until last week, and even then ... hell, even now Scottl is whining about his constitutional right to assemble in large groups to spread disease.

Alex Azar asked the Chinese Government for permission to send CDC observers to China on Jan 6. He was refused.
    Good. The fucking idiots in the CDC did nothing but get in the way. Those buffoons couldn't find their ass with both hands in a dark room, as they later proved. In fact, they demonstrated this earlier many times over, as is now coming out in multiple stories about their testing fiasco, of how ventilator programs were shut down, epidemic simulations were ignored, any real threat to the US was discarded so they could piss away another 6 or 8 billion on their fucking war toys.

Plus why the hell would China allow any of Tariff-boy's creeps into the country ? Trump is a worthless prick, spouting ignorant garbage every time he walks to the lectern. The man is a disgrace.

World Health Organization was informed a week earlier, as documented above.

If anything, telling the Donald to shove it up his orange ass and dealing with the World Health Organization instead, was the proper move.

Not surprised at your 180, Donnyboy bootlicker. You act all data-driven but underneath it all, just another bootlicker.

"China" didn't "lie" about anything. Some people in the health department of Wuhan didn't believe this was really a new and dangerous virus. They were stupid. This happened for a short time. Those people were canned, unlike the imbeciles in the US government who pooh-poohed this thing for months.

Yes, some people fucked up. But the magnitude of their fuckup pales in comparison to you guys. It involved 50 million people quarantined yet you were still talking shit. I actually expected the US to handle this okay and make China look bad but boy was I wrong.

The world will never look at the US again in the same light. Next time Hillary or Chucky-boy or any of your other sanctimonious dipshits tries to lecture the third-world, they'll be laughed off the stage. You just demonstrated how capable and effective the US really is.

16. Likes janvanruth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No, I cite the factual timeline as we know it today. There will be more revelations uncovered, that much is certain just because of the holes that are yet to be filled in.

You spew out vitriol as if it's some kind of actual argument.

Ya think?

cv_gettingreligion.jpg

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No Gordon, I am watching this crisis tear through Europe, killing your doctors and nurses, forcing them to pick who lives and who dies, and bodies stacking up like cord wood in Ice Rinks.

I am thankful that the US had more time to get ready, since I know it's going to hit every major US city with the same ferocity. I see the US building field hospitals all over the country- 9 in New York alone- BEFORE they are needed. The Comfort and Mercy on station BEFORE they are needed.

We are NOT out of ventilators and other supplies, even thought they are harder than hell to get. We have a mobilization of out private sector not seen since WW2, and will be producing huge amounts of PPE and other needed equipment.

We are running several hundred concurrent clinical trials, both therapies and vaccines.

It will get much worse before it gets better, and I pray it won't be a worst case scenario for ANYONE.

I'm glad I am in the US right now, I would hate to have to ride this out anywhere else.
    Thanks for your reply but I'd like to give my view from where I am.

The virus isn't "tearing through" Europe. Italy, Spain and the UK are having huge problems but most countries are managing reasonably well all thing considered. Unlike US states most countries in Europe have closed their borders and in my own country most are behaving sensibly and avoiding as much contact with others as possible.

For some it will get worse before getting better but a few countries seem to be in control. At least as much in control as it's possible to be in control.

2020 coronavirus pandemic in Europe - Wikipedia

Of the Nordic countries Sweden is the country that has done least and it looks as if it's now making them wake up. It's better with a relatively short time with many personal restrictions than a lengthy time with a major virus spread.

My son (in Norway) was with someone that had the virus so he and his family were put in quarantine for 2 weeks. Thank God they've now all got the "all clear".

Coronavirus: How countries across the globe are responding to COVID-19

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Right. The guy who "took charge" after six weeks of deflection and ignorance, and he "took charge" by first handing it off to Pence, then allowing the ACTUAL PROFESSIONALS" to do their jobs. Well done, djt [/S]

But since you prefer what's going on here to, oh, how Singapore and Taiwan dealt with it, you'd really love being in Italy. Mamma Mia, indeed.

Coronavirus Lessons From Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong | Time
    That is a very politically incorrect post because Taiwan doesn't exist, at least according to the World Health Organization.

WHO official Dr Bruce Aylward dodges question about Taiwan membership. - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

WHO accused of suppressing information about Taiwan's coronavirus prevention measures

Why Taiwan has become a problem for WHO

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    Wbhy don't you?

Mortality for COVID-19 appears higher than for influenza, especially seasonal influenza. While the true mortality of
    COVID-19 will take some time to fully understand, the data we have so far indicate that the crude mortality ratio (the
    number of reported deaths divided by the reported cases) is between 3-4%, the infection mortality rate (the number
    of reported deaths divided by the number of infections) will be lower. For seasonal influenza, mortality is usually
    well below 0.1%. However, mortality is to a large extent determined by access to and quality of health care.

From the WHO report
    So should assessment of COVID-19 or the flu or any cause of death be judged by death per some sample size to discuss lethality?

Just trying to figure some type of base arguing point as many seem to be all over the road in their talking points.

And...one thing for sure the tone of many of the posts will certainly be lethal to the credibility and respect for some of those who post in the future.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OT:
    No body is going to win the love or hate Trump argument. Love dogs/love cats and hate the other...

On topic:
    The shut down,washing hands often and all the other precautions should reduce the new cases rate of growth..

22. Likes Screwmachine liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For those who believe the Chinese numbers...

In China, people who test positive for the virus but don’t have any symptoms are not classified as confirmed cases. This runs counter to the practice in countries like South Korea, Japan and Singapore, where all patients who test positive are included in official tallies of total cases, regardless of whether they have symptoms such as a fever or cough.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...under-pressure

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Ya think?

cv_gettingreligion.jpg
    Better ask Bugs Bunny..someone will tell you he is a smarter Wabbet

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    OT:
    No body is going to win the love or hate Trump argument. Love dogs/love cats and hate the other...

On topic:
    The shut down,washing hands often and all the other precautions should reduce the new cases rate of growth..
    I dunno. Donnie is equvalent to a virus - a mechanism for hijacking a functioning body (the USA) and using it to his own advantage (replicating his dollars and his disease), but then there's the doctors - the ones warning about his damage, his disease spreading. The reporters who, err, report what he actually said and when he said it. The competent bureaucrats who warned of flunkies running programs they weren't qualified for. Etc.

Nope. Clear difference between the virus and the doctors. I know which I'd pick...

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    So should assessment of COVID-19 or the flu or any cause of death be judged by death per some sample size to discuss lethality?
    This virus is schizo. Most people get away with nothing, not even as bad as the flu. But the ones who get it bad get it really bad. Dead in four days, frantically ripping out their ventilator tubes, struggling frantically, almost all of them have to be tied down or otherwise restrained. And then they die. Painfully. Gasping for air. Drowning, frothing pink bloody stuff.

They should be showing you guys video. It would change your mind about public gatherings. Sure as hell changed ours, you didn't see a single cop on Chinese streets, or any people either. Didn't need to enforce anything, just a few videos did the trick.