Close
Login to Your Account
Page 110 of 216 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post

You think that's not treating it as a hoax?
    Uhh, Pete - "thinking" is a Liberal trait. Don't expect much of that from these guys.

2. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What Trump said: " . . . And this is their new hoax. But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that."

He went on to assure us it would be down to pretty much zero in a couple days.

You think that's not treating it as a hoax?
    Why do you omit the part that describes what he was referring to?
    One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.
    And the part he said right after?
    So a number that nobody heard of that I heard of recently and I was shocked to hear it, 35,000 people on average die each year from the flu. Did anyone know that? 35,000. That’s a lot of people. It could go to 100,000, it could be 27,000, they say usually a minimum of 27, it goes up to 100,000 people a year who die, and so far we have lost nobody to coronavirus in the United States. Nobody. And it doesn’t mean we won’t, and we are totally prepared, it doesn’t mean we won’t. But think of it. You hear 35 and 40,000 people, and we’ve lost nobody, and you wonder, the press is in hysteria mode.
    Why do you take his comments at a rally as if they were spoken from the Oval office anyway? I don't truly take anything he (or any other politician) says as set in stone. "If you like your doctor..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Why do you take his comments at a rally as if they were spoken from the Oval office anyway?
    His comments at rallies and his comment from the OA are interchangeable, djt doesn't have the verbal (synaptic) wherewithal to vary his delivery dependent on situation.

And every time he says "One of my people came up to me, and said "Mr. President blah blah, etc."", you can be certain that it's his own "fertile(izer)" imagination that came up with the fantasy lead.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here's what I said: " . . . after minimizing it (hoax, not a problem, already cured, cured real soon, we're doing wonderful, I don't take responsibility . . .).

What Trump actually said: " . . . And this is their new hoax. But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that."

He went on to assure us it would be down to pretty much zero in a couple days.

You think that's not minimizing it or treating it as a hoax? To add, some more of Trump's own words:

Jan. 22: On whether he was worried about a pandemic: “No, we’re not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China.”

Feb. 2: “Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China. … We can’t have thousands of people coming in who may have this problem, the coronavirus. So we’re gonna see what happens, but we did shut it down, yes.”

Feb. 14: “We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape.”

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

(Feb. 25th – Mardi Gras in New Orleans!)

Feb. 25: “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”

Feb. 28: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

(Around now, Spring Break starts. Students return from abroad. Kids party in Florida)

March 6: “We did an interview on Fox last night, a town hall. I think it was very good. And I said: ‘Calm. You have to be calm. It’ll go away.' ”

March 9: “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”

March 14: “We’re using the full power of the federal government to defeat the virus, and that’s what we’ve been doing.”

March 24: “Easter's a very special day for me. Wouldn't it be great to have all of the churches full?" Trump later told Fox. “You'll have packed churches all over our country. I think it would be a beautiful time."

LOL! "When you are in a HOLE, don't stop DIGGING. Just dodge, weave, and lie louder?"

As if YOUR opinion at putting a biased slant on things still had ANY credibility WHATSOVER? You could get a full two-dozen failed DNC cannibals to endorse you?

Wake up. Smell the coffee. You lost a long time ago. You are losing more each go.

Gotta love it!

You'll "make points" with the like-minded TDS afflicted, hang on yer respective keyboards, mentally masturbating in glee..... and the lot of you won't accomplish a damn thing actually useful all f*****g week .. nor even 'til the very end of your days on-planet.

That's what is supposed to happen when the gullers become the gullible.

"Justice" y'see, is that yer going to have to re-run this charade forever...

"TDS" is all you have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

. . . Why do you take his comments at a rally as if they were spoken from the Oval office anyway? I don't truly take anything he (or any other politician) says as set in stone. "If you like your doctor..."
    Call me old-fashioned but I expect consistent leadership rather than a barrage of lies, half-truths, and attacks.

1) I'd expect that we'd hire and keep competent people in civil service and Cabinet positions. And hear their advice, rather than thinking "I'm smarter than all the judges, generals, doctors . . ."

2) Given that a pandemic is commonly considered the most likely serious event affecting the world (followed by nuclear holocaust etc.), I'd think we'd be better prepared.

3) Once it was clear (back in late 2019) that we were likely facing a potential pandemic, I'd expect coordinated action.

4) I'd expect any President with the slightest science background (or who listened) to know how critical testing would be and marshal resources to be sure we could scale this ASAP. Had we done that this whole thing would now have killed far fewer and the economy would be taking far less of a hit.

5) I wouldn't lie to the American people. Tell it straight. Tell them what we can do to quickly contain it. And I'd try uniting rather than dividing and attacking people.

6) Once the ventilator shortage was clear (long ago), I'd ramp up that in a way to get the most ventilators for the least bucks ASAP. Federal leadership rather than 50 states fighting each other.

7) I'd model the behavior we want. No glad handing at the podium. Advisors at least four feet apart. No CPAC BS.

8) I wouldn't be minimizing (no problem), self-gratulating (me? a !0! perfect), ignoring science (say, by vaccine denial in 2016), passing the buck ("I take no responsibility"), attacking the media (that's an ugly question), setting myself up as an oracle (I know more . . .) or pandering (I love Easter, let's commune),

7. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    . . . "TDS" is all you have.
    Actually, what we (meaning local groups) have is early awareness and response. Mid-Feb we scheduled a March 1 seminar or viruses and vaccines. This was when Trump said no problem.

We converted group meetings to Zoom a couple weeks ago. Figured how to keep some businesses open, still play tennis and the like, just distanced.

Most everyone has the modest of supply of masks, wipes, hand sanitizer, food, even TP they need.

Bunch of us recognized we're due for a recession (even before this pandemic) and moved a year or two of retirement needs out of securities and into cash, despite warnings from Otrit.

We acted to help small businesses have some cash flow through this.

Went through the various precautions seniors could best take to "flatten the curve."

In other words, pretty much ignored Trump. Sadly, unlike about a third or so of the country hanging on his every word.

I do realize, Bill, that you're right that facts -- say Trump's comments above -- and a rational response won't change some minds. Seems they've built up an immunity to it.

Hope it does you some good idolizing our dear leader as retirement accounts plunge, national debt rises trillions at a time, the financial fraudsters gain more of the country's wealth, our healthcare costs continue to rise, the number covered is set to fall, China eats our lunch in terms of "soft power", our infrastructure lags, debt-based tax breaks falter, we've worsened rather than improved the opportunity for a sensible immigration policy, a wall isn't protecting us from drugs, nor climate change for that matter, Putin screws us at will, Kim and Iran race toward more nukes, our allies are pissed off, our enemies emboldened, we ourselves are deeply divided, and the next generation or two faces crushing debt and greater inequality.

9. Likes bosleyjr liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    His comments at rallies and his comment from the OA are interchangeable, djt doesn't have the verbal (synaptic) wherewithal to vary his delivery dependent on situation.
    You have me there wrt delivery, lol.

I don't give them the same weight, but maybe that's because I don't take much of it that seriously to begin with.

Serious note:

Task Force briefing going on right now. Projecting 100K-240K deaths. Peak deaths at 2,214/day, April 14. Without mitigation- 1.2-2.2 million deaths.

Continued mitigation required for next 30 days nationwide to stay on the low curve.

NY and NJ are on the worst trajectories, but some signs of easing in NY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do realize, Bill, that you're right that facts and a rational response won't change some minds. Seems they've built up an immunity to it.
    Not an immunity, Pete. It's worse, it's a disability. They are unsensile, blind as it were, to fact and reality. For some, fantasy and projection, and their personal embodiment of djt derangement renders them insensate. Almost like they need the hit of their own unique opiate...

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Because they are face to face with sick people all day long?

Equating healthy citizens with medical pros treating patients is a non-starter.
    Why wear a crash helmet on a bike?
    Why stay 6 feet apart if you're healthy?
    There's a ton of infected people that just don't know it - and you don't know if they are infected or not too.
    It's called security - why take the risk

FT graph
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Not an immunity, Pete. It's worse, it's a disability. They are unsensile, blind as it were, to fact and reality. For some, fantasy and projection, and their personal embodiment of djt derangement renders them insensate. Almost like they need the hit of their own unique opiate...
    "Self medication" on your choice of mental bullshit as an opiode got you where you are.

May as well go to your grave just as deluded as you have become. Real life would be beyond your threshold of pain to return to.

And no one really cares if what has become mere "baggage" even makes the attempt.

We've moved-on to NEW challenges and let yah for dread arredy.

14. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You still miss the main reason Trump sits in the Oval.

The alternative.

I agree that's a big factor, the Clintotron 3000 had little appeal but I don't think any of this is so one dimensional. I can understand a disenchanted protest vote from the working man and the feeling of no alternative with Clinton, but direct support? I mean who can watch this and not have shivers of disgust? YouTube

16. Likes PeteM, SIP6A liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post

I just read Theresa Tam, our Chief Public Health Officer earlier recommended against having all travelers from COVID-19 hot zones self-isolate for 14 days as she didn't want to see communities stigmatized. WTF in 200 point text?
    I'm not sure if they're now stopped, but only late last week you could still fly into the UK from China and Italy hotspots and walk straight through.
    It's almost as if the virus hasn't quite killed enough old people yet...

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bosleyjr View Post
    No, they really aren't. .
    I'll just respectfully agree to disagree.
    Sorry - The WHO is as useful as the UN in my books.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

during our governors address today they admitted they had done about 280 tests in the last day....because they dont have tests...
    CDC data went up in confirmed cases by a little over 200

nothing to see.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...To add, some more of Trump's own words:

Jan. 22: On whether he was worried about a pandemic: “No, we’re not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China.”

Feb. 2: “Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China. … We can’t have thousands of people coming in who may have this problem, the coronavirus. So we’re gonna see what happens, but we did shut it down, yes.”

Feb. 14: “We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape.”

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

(Feb. 25th – Mardi Gras in New Orleans!)

Feb. 25: “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”

Feb. 28: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

(Around now, Spring Break starts. Students return from abroad. Kids party in Florida)

Feb 29: First coronavirus death in the US

March 6: “We did an interview on Fox last night, a town hall. I think it was very good. And I said: ‘Calm. You have to be calm. It’ll go away.' ”

March 9: “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”

March 14: “We’re using the full power of the federal government to defeat the virus, and that’s what we’ve been doing.”

March 17: US Coronavirus deaths hit 100

March 24: “Easter's a very special day for me. Wouldn't it be great to have all of the churches full?" Trump later told Fox. “You'll have packed churches all over our country. I think it would be a beautiful time."

Just adding some context.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    during our governors address today they admitted they had done about 280 tests in the last day....because they dont have tests...
    CDC data went up in confirmed cases by a little over 200

nothing to see.
    This really frustrates me to hear. There are 500,000 Abbott tests already distributed in every State, and they are not being used. HHS can get these out to the States, but someone has to distribute and administer the damn things.

They got the Roche machines out first, and everyone is just sending their samples to the same lab they used the last time. Roche machines are queued up and the Abbott machines are sitting idle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"I know more about South Korea than anybody"
    "Seoul has 38 million people"

(april?) fool

23. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    (april?) fool
    djt, fooling us since June, 1946.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    "I know more about South Korea than anybody"
    "Seoul has 38 million people"
    Well, Obama went to 57 States, and only had one to go. Alaska and Hawaii.

Biden has a child tax credit that will put 720 million women back to work...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This really frustrates me to hear. There are 500,000 Abbott tests already distributed in every State, and they are not being used. HHS can get these out to the States, but someone has to distribute and administer the damn things.

They got the Roche machines out first, and everyone is just sending their samples to the same lab they used the last time. Roche machines are queued up and the Abbott machines are sitting idle.
    Shit.

you aren't meaning to tell us that with 340 million Americans taking turn-about at bad decisions there is now some sort of aversion to blaming ALL POSSIBLE shortcomings on the one guy with the worst-weird-orange hair seen in public?

How can that be when even idled minds in South Bum-Fuck Ontario, Kindadiddlesyah know there is no greater challenge extent to the human race?

Just ask them. Better yet? DON'T ask. They'll just end up tripping over the forked-tongues of opportunistic Kalif-whore-you-knows.