Close
Login to Your Account
Page 111 of 216 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Well, Obama went to 57 States, and only had one to go. Alaska and Hawaii.

Biden has a child tax credit that will put 720 million women back to work...
    Oh, good work, one from each guy! Now, here's a little reference to the encyclopedia of djt lies or misleading statements:

Veracity of statements by Donald Trump - Wikipedia

tl;dr: over 16K by Jan of this year: Fact-checker counts 16K false, misleading claims by Trump in three years | TheHill

Boy, you guys got the mote in thine eye to the Universe in mine down to a T!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Oh, good work, one from each guy! Now, here's a little reference to the encyclopedia of djt lies or misleading statements:

tl;dr: over 16K by Jan of this year: Fact-checker counts 16K false, misleading claims by Trump in three years | TheHill

Do we now?

China turned its then-dreadful fortunes around off the back of a pragmatic leader who didn't give a damn if a cat was a communist or a capitalist-roader - so long as it caught the damned mice.

EG: MONEY and a better and more reliable meal menu for over a billion folks.

We've done well for a sixth of that headcount, more of the beneficiaries Democrat than Republican. "minorities' gaining the most relative to where THEY started.

You think TDS has you f**ked up NOW?

Think on this.

DJT has three, minimum, of serious-competent offspring, current age-range to run for Prez any time or more than just the one time, EACH, over as many as 40 years, coming... and a fourth being raised.

Billary Cunton had Chelsea.
    Biden's kids are too busy at petty theivery, whoring, snorting nose-candy to run FOR anything rather than FROM it.

...and Michelle Robinson Obama didn't raise girls so STOOPID as to go into politics when they do not HAVE to do.

How d'you spell "We're F**ked!" in looter-lie-bore-all heiroglyphics?

Might resemble the hood-badge off a Ford "Edsel"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since this thread is so political.

I can only wish that there were qualified candidates running for office.

Biden? Your joking
    Sanders , Who are you going to call when the other peoples money runs out?
    Cuomo? Not on the list yet, but more narcissistic that the POTUS.

It's not looking good.

Who would WANT to be POTUS? Our people have lost all responsibility. (That is the true failure)
    A nation that is assembled under a representative government has only it's self to blame for it's own complacency in letting that slip through it's fingers.

Did you know that our constitution only calls for ONE supreme court justice? I bet you didn't. Why NOT?

4. Likes Mcgyver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Just adding some context.

Yep, context, Trump was right all along. Everyone else, actually trained in the relevant fields, who thought this could become a train wreck if we didn't act sooner was an idiot.

Bill, I can understand. Judging by the many experiences he's shared, he's at least 130 years old by now. What he seems to "remember" is that most everything gone wrong in his life is Kalifornia's fault. Maybe it's because the ability to actually have an IT career (even in China) is, to a large part, a California thing?

How does someone so sharp in other arenas, like yourself, think the continued mishandling, lies, etc. has been a good thing? Anyone who understands the slightest bit about diseases and exponential growth knew we shouldn't be minimizing this; I'd think you among them? Simple test. Acknowledge problem. Fix it sooner than later.

With Ebola we acted well before the first death. And stopped it before it even reached this country. Not perfect. But, sensible.

I can get how someone might like a tax break, even one temporary for small businesses and paid for by debt. But is the quid pro quo kissing DJT's ever larger rear forever?

6. Likes Milland liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    How does someone so sharp in other arenas, like yourself, think the continued mishandling, lies, etc. has been a good thing?
    Not hard. Your lies only affect YOU and anyone fool enough to buy your already obsolete propaganda. Didn't work first time around. Hasn't worked since. Isn't working NOW. Won't work next go, either.

Vanishing headcount as hasn't twigged to that. I weren't one of your gullibles to being with.

So yer dog and pony "lets we recycle shit" show is only light comedy by, of, and for the losing side of the looter-lie-bore-all clan.

With mass-media sensationalist AKA "fake news" failing in readership and viewership, all sides? Your saga is only observed on a narrow slice of the internet as "free Tee Vee" by folk who have a brain of their own.

One's covering any political persuasion or NONE other than suicidally stoopid-dumbots awe-struck by the "coastal elite" pretense at "wisdom".

Richard Pior was funnier by far.

But how many jokes on the same theme can a honky even understand?

I could give shit if Trump allegedly wiped his ass with Nutsy Pelosi's panties last year or hasn't wiped it YET.

"It's the economy, stupid."

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ill meet you in the middle Cal.....how bout ONE decent Republican opposition to DJT?

works for me....friggin anything.....hell, ill vote for Romney...Jeb even.

9. Likes Milland, janvanruth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    ill meet you in the middle Cal.....how bout ONE decent Republican opposition to DJT?

works for me....friggin anything.....hell, ill vote for Romney...Jeb even.
    No, No redo for "the mitten". Can we get someone authentic?

I did read that Trumps inner self is the same as his outer self. while H. Clinton's inner self and outer self have never even talked over coffee.... I thought that was accurate.

I'm for AMATURE government. Limit terms. blah...blah...;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    . . . Did you know that our constitution only calls for ONE supreme court justice? I bet you didn't. Why NOT?
    Dang. I thought the Constitution wanted one Supreme Court and left it up to Congress to decide how many justices. They got around to that after we won the War of Independence - started with six if memory serves.

I must be un 'Merican? Don't think our administration should have kept minimizing response to this virus. And, apparently didn't even know the Constitution prohibited more than a single Supreme Court justice.

In my defense, I was only mildly interested in high school history. Things like football, girls, and the sort of basic science needed in the present circumstance took priority.

Why would we want a government populated by AMATUREs screwing up and then covering their tracks? Car repair, heart surgery, putting out fires, even Constitutional Law and pandemic response -- most every other endeavor we want people who know what they're doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jeb is is.
    FWIW- i really didnt think he was a bad dude.

im even ok with Weld...whatever it takes to remove the stain that is DJT.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    No, No redo for "the mitten". Can we get someone authentic?
    ROFL! Why not? "The Notional Opportunistic Part He" Romney represents needs it's chin smacked in more than just once in a while!
    I did read that Trumps inner self is the same as his outer self. while H. Clinton's inner self and outer self have never even talked over coffee.... I thought that was accurate.
    Or that Billary have more shared bed partners than shared views on Politics and how to win the Electoral College vote??

WHATEVER the number is, zero to infinity, it is at least bound to track!

I'm for AMATURE government. Limit terms. blah...blah...;-)
    "Armature" government, wound-rotor, could do.

At least it would keep them spinning round in circles on a pre-defined axis, not precessing about like a bustid gyroscope.

"Term Limits" only work if the FIRST one is in prison, not the second. Too late by then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    . . . "It's the economy, stupid."

I'm a big fan of a robust and sustainable economy. Thing is, like predicting where a pandemic might go, it's possible to figure out that borrowing trillions to temporarily boost the economy, while putting more and more of our wealth into the make-money-on-money sectors, wouldn't likely end well.

The dozen reasons why borrowing from the future (trade, allies, trust, climate, delayed infrastructure, $$$ healthcare, finance gone wild, debt, declining education etc. etc.) have been detailed before. I will say, if someone had only been planning to live until 2020, the current administration has done a pretty masterful job of pumping borrowed money into the Dow. Anyone who got out just in time, did well. Looks like some of those sucking up the couple trillion more of borrowed stimulus money (on top of the trillions already spent) will also do well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or that Billary have more shared bed partners than shared views on Politics and how to win the Electoral College vote??
    So you focus on this supposition, while ignoring trump's serial philandering? Dichotomy much?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...How does someone so sharp in other arenas, like yourself, think the continued mishandling, lies, etc. has been a good thing? Anyone who understands the slightest bit about diseases and exponential growth knew we shouldn't be minimizing this; I'd think you among them? Simple test. Acknowledge problem. Fix it sooner than later.
    Pete, you skip the first step, which is defining the problem. Then you can acknowledge it, and make a plan of action.

If you listened to Birx and Fauci, you would know that they were flying blind until very recently. We didn't gain an understanding on how the virus spreads, and who was really at risk until we had data from Italy and Spain. The Wuhan numbers describe a disease that spreads like the first SARS- serious, but not a potential global pandemic.

These are not my words- they come from the experts.

The disease we are all seeing firsthand is not the disease we were expecting to deal with.

So you can quote Trump back in February- but the information we had at the time was that it wasn't nearly as contagious as it is. No one expected it to spread so wide, so fast. Not us, not the Europeans- no one. We also thought it mainly affected older people with pre-existing health conditions, and that isn't even close to true either.

Now we are in it, and we need to get through it. They're saying we have 2 very difficult weeks ahead.

17. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm a big fan of a robust economy. Thing is, like predicting..
    "Predicting" just is NOT in your skill set if you are still trying to re-fight and rationalize the war lost when DJT clocked the NOMINATION for Prez, already with a solid plan to win the electoral college vote, and to Hell with winning the popular vote. Leave that for the SECOND term.

QED.

He was never a politician.

He HAS BEEN an effective Project Manager, if only off the back of putting better people on the job than his own self.

As he has continued to do, whilst he puts on the clown show to keep the muddled-media wrong-footed and the level of "TDS" high enough the opposition can't even realize just how many YEARS back of current events they are working at "winning".

QED

Whether inside the Metro-DC "silly circle" falls of Kongress, or in your ongoing attempts, this very thread.

Can't "win" anything useful with stale quotes in a race that is already cold ashes in the historical record.

Yah have to look AHEAD now and then.

He does. You do not.

He creates. Even if it is PROBLEMS as are created, they are NEW problems.

Some make things happen. Some watch things happen. Some only wonder WHAT happened.

And others just argue to death they should NOT have happened as if that could somehow "undo" them. Got "editor" software as performs "undo". Real-life is harder.

So long as he moves, and you stagnate, shooting packets of virtual bullshit at where he WAS THEN, not where he IS NOW?

You miss. He prevails.

You are only confirming the losses already endured, not even dealing with a "current" or potential loss as "work-in-progress".

Not ABOUT what you think "should have been right or wrong".

Too late.

Every damned time.

19. Likes jancollc, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Project Manager" [Snorting sounds] Ohhh, and how many Project Managers did you know that specialized in serial bankruptcies? To the point that only ONE bank was left that would loan to them? Under VERY unclear circumstances including who was backing the loan (hint: Russian sources).

You have heroes that barely made it from the embryonic soup of the early evolving Earth. But I guess since you were there at the genesis it makes sense...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Project Manager" [Snorting sounds] Ohhh, and how many Project Managers did you know that specialized in serial bankruptcies? To the point that only ONE bank was left that would loan to them? Under VERY unclear circumstances including who was backing the loan (hint: Russian sources).

You have heroes that barely made it from the embryonic soup of the early evolving Earth. But I guess since you were there at the genesis it makes sense...
    You are still fighting the last war, present-day.

He prevailed already. You LOST already.

Doesn't MATTER if he "deserved to do". It's DONE.

Get your wish of jailing his ass as he leaves office?

Whatever he saw "DONE!" whilst in office will not unwind by a single iota, eight years. Or only four.

I'm good wit' dat'. Jail OR Sainthood.

More to the point?

F**k the paperwork.

So is HE.

"Risk takers", "DECISION Makers" are LIKE that.

Or we never wudda made that long climb into the Boardroom off the shop floor..

JFDWT. Get as used to losing as he has gotten to winning? Not a lot of stress to it.

Or do not. SOMEBODY still has to "make chips", even if they are perpetually angry.

And even if the "chips" are only in their own credibility, Rozen-style. Or lack of remaining credibility, the lots of you still squandering what meagre shiite remains in yer near-empty chamber-pots.

Better you should try growing Irish Cobbler 'tatters. Or if yah think yah can "stand the heat"? Carolina Reaper Chiles!

22. Likes CalG, Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Could be worse - you could live in the States where just days ago we were cheer leading and "all clear" by Easter; after minimizing it (hoax, not a problem, already cured, cured real soon, we're doing wonderful, I don't take responsibility . . .).

Our own leadership has lied or mislead about 97 out of every 100 possible times (yes, a made up statistic - they're very fashionable these days). There have likely been 1000 tweets and the like. As Janco LLC correctly says, Trump did get the shut down on China right; though pretty much missing all those returning without a Chinese passport. The botched containment of returning cruise ship passengers and their care workers one example. That's one of the 100 opportunities to provide leadership, gotten half right.

And a restriction on those disagreeable Europeans visiting was OK; but again forgetting all the US students, family, travelers bringing it back was another. Kind of like shutting one door while leaving the other wide open. Anyone with a bit of sense knew that was a crucial omission, in real time. We said as much here. Now, it's likely a main contribution to the devastation in the NY-NJ metro area.

The much-delayed emergency declaration a third OK move, too. But, then almost nothing to use it, then a flip flop on ventilators likely making things worse. First, GM is doing great. Then, they're the devil.

So, we blamed liberals, then China, then Europe, then Mary Barra, the governors, and press (for asking questions). China surely deserves some blame. But blaming others isn't a fix.

Beyond the denial and attacks (liberals, doctors, media, governors . . .) were all the missed opportunities to prepare at a national level, to not fire vaccine researchers, to fill empty positions with competent people, to listen to expert warnings late in 2019, to ramp up testing, the urge and monitor self-isolation earlier in the game, to urge governors we didn't need Spring Break on Miami beaches or Mardi Gras in New Orleans, or CPAC trashing the reality of this while catching it. To actually hold press conferences with people a few feet apart and otherwise demonstrate leadership . . .

Most every other press conference, meeting, tweet, pronouncement -- the other "97" of 100 -- has been pretty much a lie, pandering, or just wrong. I used to think our President only trashed 9 of the Ten Commandments without a hint of recognition or remorse (only saying he could get away with murder and his base wouldn't care). But in this case, he's at least an accessory to manslaughter; by urging so many to disregard this as a hoax.

As for Canada - if what you read was true, I'd be disturbed too. However, this article from a bit over two weeks ago says Tam was urging everyone returning from abroad to self-isolate for 14 days: Our window to flatten the COVID-19 curve is narrow, says Dr. Theresa Tam

Don't know if she earlier wasn't so concerned?? Or started some sort of pandering after???
    Bare knuckle politics just distract. Tone ing this down a bit would be beneficial. On all sides.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just called my boy and asked him if he was pushin' up daisies yet, or was still topside?

Him and his wife have been werking from home for the last 2.5 or 3 weeks now.
    They are in Ft. Wayne, Indiana.

He said that they are still fine as they have been pretty hunkered down.

I asked if there was much heard of around town, and he said that as far as he knew - there has been only one death in Allen County thus far (online map confirms 1) and it was actually a guy from his office, but that he didn't know the guy. And he thought that he was in his 40's.

So we just missed a bullet here.

Out here in the corn fields - we don't have any in our county (confirmed cases) yet, and most neighboring county's don't have, or only have a cpl.

My daughter lives near Columbus and is an RN at the Ohio State College Hospital. (Big place I guess?)
    She has been on maternity leave since just before this all started, but she said today that the director of radiology just died of Co-Ed 19.

It's good to live outside the wire, but my kids are both currently living in the city.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

25. Likes CalG, Trueturning, barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I could give shit if Trump allegedly wiped his ass with Nutsy Pelosi's panties last year or hasn't wiped it YET.

She's like 80 years old, I don't think she wears panties, I'm pretty sure she wears bloomers, or depends.

27. Likes jancollc, CalG, Mcgyver liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Bare knuckle politics just distract. Tone ing this down a bit would be beneficial. On all sides.
    Not really. "Distraction" is all it ever was.

PM ain't going to "solve" a damned thing about politics.

May as well let the weepy, angry snowflakes vent over how evil DJT just HAS to be... so they don't go bugf**k with cabin fever cooped-up with their own frustration and "TDS"....and harm themselves or family trapped at home with their dilated and denial-ated arses.

29. Likes CalG liked this post