Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Man can't even keep a personal consigliere who doesn't eventually come to think the man is a threat to democracy.
    So what? Yah replace them and keep on doin' what America needs DONE!

You figure a sweet and cuddly bunny-rabbit could do that job?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Well, Obama went to 57 States, and only had one to go. Alaska and Hawaii.

Biden has a child tax credit that will put 720 million women back to work...
    so that makes all three of them perfect presidents now doesn't it?
    wouldn't you rather have a president that knows his shit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Since this thread is so political.

I can only wish that there were qualified candidates running for office.

Sanders , Who are you going to call when the other peoples money runs out?

that is the best part, it won't run out.
    and how do we know?
    because there are several european countries that haven't run out.
    so what is holding you back, give it a try

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    So what? Yah replace them and keep on doin' what America needs DONE!

You figure a sweet and cuddly bunny-rabbit could do that job?
    So what would you rather have stuffed down your panties (country)?

A well trained canine that can fetch the mail, guide you across the street, and protect you during a house break-in (national emergency), and that knows how to use the potty for its business,

or

A rabid weasel on meth-laced crack, with straight razors tied to its paws and trailing a string of grenades on its tail that it flings about willy-nilly? All the while disgorging its stomach contents from both ends, and what it had last night was a mix of nitroglycerin and hydrochloric acid?

Hint for the slow: Weasel's name is djt, the dog's is AnyFuckingBodyElse.

Your choice, I can guess. But I think most of us would prefer AFBE.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    My recollection is that you were still telling us it was far riskier for kids to drive a car in the US than enter combat in Vietnam, SQRT-FA and all?
    Fool. Greater risk of dying on US highways than in combat in Vietnam partly because... close to 100% of 18-25 year-old males drove cars in the USA but fewer than FOUR percent of those who served in Vietnam ever even SAW "combat". Some years, fewer than TWO percent. Acverage is but 2.91%.

Easily a third of our casualties were not FROM combat AT ALL!

Vietnam Statistics | US War Dog Association | National Headquarters

Too much to read because you might strain your atrophied MIND trying to spin that?

KISS method, then.

Simply drop a third off the number of dead over each of fifteen years.

Now go back over the same years and total up the 18-25 males in highway death toll.

It happens to be an age-range the inch-hoorance companies pay attention to.

Because it had LONG been the highest-risk segment, war or never.

Only change I am aware of is that females - once very LOW risk, gradually started catching up to males as high-risk. Doubt that was a any big jump as to more balls than brains rat-racing junkers, drunk, on bad roads and worse tires. Cellphones, feel-better drugs, and other distractions more likely.

Road accidemts IN 'nam? We surely HAD them. But it was the Viet in a Lambretta taxi-trike or family of five on a 90 cc motorbike as came second-best to tactical trucks and tracks.

Had to pause en-route to Saigon one trip to help the krew of a 5T LWB demount one outside dual to get a father of three's detached HEAD unwedged so the police could put it with the rest of his family's remains. Krew that he'd wobbled UNDER whilst trying to pass were still too much in shock to deal with it.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I'm going to sort of disagree with you. If the anybody else had an iq over ten and was not in bed with Goldman-Sachs, sure.

But the good thing about the Trump is that he has brazenly exposed huge rifts in the US myth. He has jammed people's faces right into the ugliness that is the US government, to the point where only an idiot can ignore it (the DNC counts as idiots.)

It's like a doctor saying you have emphysema. If you don't address the problem, you're going to die.

Or maybe it's more like one doctor saying, "you should quit smoking, it's bad for you" and another one lighting up a color x-ray showing massive craters, burnt-out buildings, stagalmites and stacaltites, growths and empennages.

Mr Trump has definitely illuminated quite a few problems in society. Gotta hit bottom before the ugly truth is undeniable. Getting rid of Trump won't help unless you address the underlying problems.

By Unanimous Voice Vote, Congress Brings You --- 1928 !

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pete, you skip the first step, which is defining the problem. Then you can acknowledge it, and make a plan of action.
    now when would a normal person see there was a problem with a new disease that seemed be kind of contagious and seemed to kill people?

If you listened to Birx and Fauci, you would know that they were flying blind until very recently.
    flying blind?the Taiwanese must have x-ray vision then.
    We didn't gain an understanding on how the virus spreads, and who was really at risk until we had data from Italy and Spain. The Wuhan numbers describe a disease that spreads like the first SARS- serious, but not a potential global pandemic.
    the numbers from Wuhan described a disease with a higher rate of spreading than seems to be the case now.

These are not my words- they come from the experts.

The disease we are all seeing firsthand is not the disease we were expecting to deal with.
    that is no excuse, people are payed to get their expectations right.

So you can quote Trump back in February- but the information we had at the time was that it wasn't nearly as contagious as it is.
    back in februari the information was an R0 > 4 , you tell us what it is now please
    No one expected it to spread so wide, so fast. Not us, not the Europeans- no one.

We also thought it mainly affected older people with pre-existing health conditions, and that isn't even close to true either.
    but the italian numbers say it is true, so what is it ?
    are the italian numbers trustworhty or not

Now we are in it, and we need to get through it. They're saying we have 2 very difficult weeks ahead.
    [I]now is not the time to blame, now is the time for thoughts and prayers[, isn't it always like that?/I]

8. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do we now?

China turned its then-dreadful fortunes around off the back of a pragmatic leader who didn't give a damn if a cat was a communist or a capitalist-roader - so long as it caught the damned mice.

EG: MONEY and a better and more reliable meal menu for over a billion folks.

We've done well for a sixth of that headcount, more of the beneficiaries Democrat than Republican. "minorities' gaining the most relative to where THEY started.

You think TDS has you f**ked up NOW?

Think on this.

DJT has three, minimum, of serious-competent offspring, current age-range to run for Prez any time or more than just the one time, EACH, over as many as 40 years, coming... and a fourth being raised.

Billary Cunton had Chelsea.
    Biden's kids are too busy at petty theivery, whoring, snorting nose-candy to run FOR anything rather than FROM it.

...and Michelle Robinson Obama didn't raise girls so STOOPID as to go into politics when they do not HAVE to do.

How d'you spell "We're F**ked!" in looter-lie-bore-all heiroglyphics?

Might resemble the hood-badge off a Ford "Edsel"?

Well THAT thought of the future just made me cry into my Cheerios!
    I'm glad I'm the age that I am...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    But the good thing about the Trump is that he has brazenly exposed huge rifts in the US myth. He has jammed people's faces right into the ugliness that is the US government, to the point where only an idiot can ignore it (the DNC counts as idiots.)
    You noticed that, didja?

Lot of us figured him as 100% expendable, bound to candy-ass crack, juvenile spoilt-brat quit, or be jailed, if not ass-ass-in-ated before six months were out, but the cover on the can or worms would be well past putting back.

He then surprised even himself with the guts to take the heat, keep thinking, if only by just enough to out-do the senility brigade, other side [1], RECOVER from or spin the f**k out of one screw-up after another, and hurl it right back.

Should he have been some other, BETTER person?

Oh, yes.

But none who really WERE better were damned-fool enough to even RUN for the job.

[1]Ripofflicans in Congress at the time had a MARKEDLY lower average age than Dumb-ass-craps. And then.... their newest entrants were but noisy and arrogant social disease hoors as did the Ripofflicans more good than harm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    I agree that's a big factor, the Clintotron 3000 had little appeal but I don't think any of this is so one dimensional. I can understand a disenchanted protest vote from the working man and the feeling of no alternative with Clinton, but direct support? I mean who can watch this and not have shivers of disgust? YouTube
    your utube stint sounds like you could replace trumps name with termite or scoots ?eh?

12. Likes Milland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Feb 29: First coronavirus death in the US

March 6: “We did an interview on Fox last night, a town hall. I think it was very good. And I said: ‘Calm. You have to be calm. It’ll go away.' ”

March 9: “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”

March 14: “We’re using the full power of the federal government to defeat the virus, and that’s what we’ve been doing.”

March 17: US Coronavirus deaths hit 100
    Just adding some context.
    Oh, so you are a lying pile of crap AND you don't understand math

The professionals that both you and trumpski refused to listen to understood what the trajectory was well before 100 deaths

Oh, and your total propaganda bullsh$t about China lied? Funny how when I pointed out all the steps China took before even ONE death, it meant nothing, no 'context' there, huh?

Liar

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So what would you rather have stuffed down your panties (country)?

A well trained canine that can fetch the mail, guide you across the street, and protect you during a house break-in (national emergency), and that knows how to use the potty for its business,

or

A rabid weasel on meth-laced crack, with straight razors tied to its paws and trailing a string of grenades on its tail that it flings about willy-nilly? All the while disgorging its stomach contents from both ends, and what it had last night was a mix of nitroglycerin and hydrochloric acid?

Hint for the slow: Weasel's name is djt, the dog's is AnyFuckingBodyElse.

So long as we can keep that rabid Weasel from leaving Cow Hampshire?

You remain a "local problem" for animal control and the USA gets to keep an effective President.

OK, OK.. that was the part that MADE you rabid to begin with.

But he didn't mean anything "personal" about infecting you with "TDS". He's too callous to be bothered.

Chief Executives often have to be that way to get shit DONE.

JFDWT

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So long as we can keep that rabid Weasel from leaving Cow Hampshire?
    I eat nails and shit fire, but nitroglycerin isn't on the menu up here. So nope, can't be your weasel.

and the USA gets to keep an effective President.
    Ho-ho! So that's your plan, you clever bastard. You expected me to laugh myself to death! Cunning, and if you hadn't gone for such a ridiculous reach I might have fallen for it.

Chief Defectives often have to be that way to get shit DONE.
    With his stubby little fingers typing away while he's on the john, the only shit he gets done is what he transfers to his phone screen. It explains his terrible spelling and syntax, the flatulent fraud can't read the screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why do you omit the part that describes what he was referring to?
    And the part he said right after? Why do you take his comments at a rally as if they were spoken from the Oval office anyway? I don't truly take anything he (or any other politician) says as set in stone. "If you like your doctor..."
    More and more...

you know what is really sad?

that this is the best you can do, trumpski lies multiple times a day, big lies, little lies, mostly self aggrandizement and this is the best you can do

because, it is not a lie

Obamacare did not force anyone to leave their doctors

Doctors chose not to accept the policies

They did it before, they do it today. You change health insurance, you doctor doesn't accept it, you get another doctor, nothing different from the last 50 years.

If trumpski said during his campaign "I will not make your wife divorce you" and your wife divorced you, was he lying?

SO sad that the best you can do, with a politician is come up with a non lie to compare to the neurotic constant lying if this sleaze

now that is derangement

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I eat nails and shit fire, but nitroglycerin isn't on the menu up here. So nope, can't be your weasel.

Ho-ho! So that's your plan, you clever bastard. You expected me to laugh myself to death! Cunning, and if you hadn't gone for such a ridiculous reach I might have fallen for it.

With his stubby little fingers typing away while he's on the john, the only shit he gets done is what he transfers to his phone screen. It explains his terrible spelling and syntax, the flatulent fraud can't read the screen.
    Could was. But he got the JOB. He's kept the damned JOB, and he's odds-on to be contracted for a four-year extension.

That'll make yah SHIT those razorblades and shake like a biscuit-eatin' Redbone hound shittin' shattered chicken-bone, won't it?

Should be quite the sight!

Dibs on ticket sales?

Can't offer ta "split the gross" wit' yah'.

He'll be too busy hammering "fake news" rabbits for lunch-meat.

What the Hell use is a wimp-ass Prez in a hostile world?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can't offer ta "split the gross" wit' yah'.

He'll be too busy hammering "fake news" rabbits for lunch-meat.
    "The Gross" is the Secret Service code name for djt. How the hell did you find it out??

And a little rarebit for your lunch? A tiny bit of lucidity is rarebiter still from you...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I never ate welch rarebit at school lunch because I thought it was made from bunnies

20. Likes bosleyjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathogen View Post
    I never ate welch rarebit at school lunch because I thought it was made from bunnies
    If you'd been told it was made from Welshmen, would that have made it OK?

22. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

are they free range Welshmen?

im all about the organics man.

24. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathogen View Post
    Rarebit, wow. We were lucky to get hot dogs or hamburgers ...

Please don't tell me it came with a little glass of chardonnay

26. Likes Trueturning liked this post