Close
Login to Your Account
Page 132 of 216 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    It is not Donald Trump's fault that previous Congresses have not properly prepared the USA for a pandemic.
    Well actuality it is. He is the chief executive officer of the United states. Your just buck passing.

President Truman famously had a sign on had desk that said "the buck stops here"

But that has something to do with personal responsibility. Not that the giant orange head would know anything about that.

2. Likes Milland, Spud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Um, I said the Congress is who gets to decide on what is funded and what isn't funded. The lack of adequate infrastructure- I will be more specific for you.

1. An adequate Strategic National Stockpile of Medicines. That means the masks, gloves, gowns, respirators, beds, airway equipment, antibiotics, antivirals, and the thousands of other items I am leaving out. Adequate means there would have been enough to have no shortages of anything for a pandemic equal to the Wuhan Coronavirus.

2. A system to distribute AND coordinate- to the local level- delivery of the stockpile to the States quickly and assure that it is correctly deployed.

3.A network of testing labs that can handle millions of rapid testing for a wide variety of pathogens, with a stockpile of test kits and enough at the State level to start testing as soon as the pathogen is identified.

These are examples that have to be funded by the Congress. I said:

I did not mention any previous presidents, real or imagined. I did not use the words "every failing", or anything that would make a rational person even think that's what I was referring to. How you got to Obama and swine flu is a path only you know the way.

It is not Donald Trump's fault that previous Congresses have not properly prepared the USA for a pandemic.

So-

I have heard at least twice now how Trump eliminated a CDC position in China. I would like to fact check this claim. Please tell me what CDC office in China you are referring to.
    FIrst, right, now that trumpski has decided he can spend whatever he wants on whatever he wants, now, now you are blaming congress for spending?

really?

LEadership

maybe one of those people he got rid of would have allowed him to show leadership

but he has never ever been a leader, he is a follower, a weak man driven by his insecurities

Exclusive: U.S. axed CDC expert job in China months before virus outbreak | Physician's Weekly

Quick left amid a bitter U.S. trade dispute with China when she learned her federally funded post, officially known as resident adviser to the U.S. Field Epidemiology Training Program in China, would be discontinued as of September, the sources said. The U.S. CDC said it first learned of a “cluster of 27 cases of pneumonia” of unexplained origin in Wuhan, China, on Dec. 31.

4. Likes Milland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

see what you make of this jan...only offered for your perusal.

EXCLUSIVE-U.S. axed CDC expert job in China months before virus outbreak | Nasdaq

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

oh yeah
    and if your a captain of 5000 kids on a boat threatened by covid and try to do something

your fired

Navy expected to relieve captain who raised alarm about COVID-19 outbreak on aircraft carrier

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm at -1 GMT so I watched our evening TV news hours ago.

What made the main news tonight (Thursday) was that because many Americans have their healthcare insurance tied to the company the work for then millions will be without that insurance if they lose their jobs.

I sincerely hope all good health and good luck. Keep a safe distance as much as possible.

8. Likes SIP6A, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I sincerely hope all good health and good luck. Keep a safe distance as much as possible.
    Thank you from America for your kind words.

10. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wippin' boy View Post
    oh yeah
    and if your a captain of 5000 kids on a boat threatened by covid and try to do something

your fired

Navy expected to relieve captain who raised alarm about COVID-19 outbreak on aircraft carrier
    This galls me, but I am not a military person. One of the first things that occurred to me when I heard about this situation was 'why do we know this'

the military is in many ways bizarro world.

One cannot have people breaking chain of command.

Now everyone knows we are short an aircraft carrier.

YEah, yeah, I would have done the same thing in a heartbeat, but in the military one gets punished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Dr. Fauci’s Mysterious Math – The Quantifying Today Reflects Where We Were A Week Ago – Today Cannot Be Quantified Until Next Week… | The Last Refuge

"98 to 99% of the American people tested, who have symptoms (similar to flu), test negative for the Wuhan novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We are spending hundreds of billions, and disrupting all facets of life and liberty, to avoid a virus almost no-one carries."

Scroll down and read the comments by Eric C., a retired firefighter, about the implications of large-scale testing re both consumption of PPE and possible spreading of virus.

With Dr. Fauci leading the way we seem to be destroying ourselves on a unicorn hunt. Over-enthusiasm or something worse. This is the same guy who directed enormous amounts of money to "the war on Aids". And the results?

Attachment 283687

Source: Fauci “Fraud”: Face Of Coronavirus Task Force Exposed In Hillary-Loving Deep State Act - Conservative Daily Post

Is this publicity hound actually helping the situation or is he once again chasing lavish funding? His comment that this may not be over for a long time (way beyond June) ought to scare the daylights out of any sane person.
    but where does the buck stop?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Why are you not picking out Sweden's heads of state for their general and specific incompetence? Perhaps you don't know their names.
    Or perhaps it is because they are liberals, and so immune from criticism .
    It's because I don't really give a flying fuck about Sweden, actually. They're a small country with a tiny economy a long way from my borders. What they do or don't do is likely to have very little effect on me & my country. My only interest in the place is the quality of the female backpackers that come here.

The USA, OTOH, is a different matter entirely. You guys elected a President who's way out of his depth yet still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room PLUS it's all about him - a malignant narcissist with Dunning-Kruger. He's a fuck-up and *that*, my friend, in times like this, leads to a very big potential for disaster for all of us.

I don't know the names of the heads of State in almost all the world's countries, FWIW, because they're irrelevant. Nothing to do with their political orientation. Of course you'll have a problem with this last, because for people like you it's ALL about political orientation. You check your brain with your Fearless Leader and swallow the Kool-Aid when it's doled out.

Your lessons from this episode are already a lot more painful than they could have been and are on track to get a lot worse. That's 100% on your leadership for not paying attention. If Sweden has done the same stupid things, shrug. They'll pay too.

I kind of doubt that you'll *learn* though.

PDW

14. Likes Milland, janvanruth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    This galls me, but I am not a military person. One of the first things that occurred to me when I heard about this situation was 'why do we know this'

the military is in many ways bizarro world.

One cannot have people breaking chain of command.

Now everyone knows we are short an aircraft carrier.

YEah, yeah, I would have done the same thing in a heartbeat, but in the military one gets punished.

trump had no problem stepping into chain of command to exonerate a murderer

but this must not stand

the guy is a piece of shit narcissist and has worsened this thing drastically by his self serving decisions

am I the only one who has noticed the fake media accounts for 80% of all journalism

guess the numbers ar all just wrong again

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

failure to empty the swamp expeditiously is the one I hold against him. . .
    Cal, who among those in the Executive branch (the ones Trump can hire and fire) would you suggest are swamp creatures in need of firing? Name, rank, and firing offense?

My own list, just to kick things off, would include Cabinet-level and other close advisors:

- Steve Bannon (judged a threat to the US by General John Kelley

- Sarah Sanders, Press Secy, who knowingly lied to the press

- Wilbur Ross, Commerce, for conflict of interest

- Tom Price, Health, for being a crook

- Alez Azar, Health 2.0, for being a pharma lobbyist before being incomptent to deal with healthcare

- Jared Kushner, for running around the world trying to get loans to prop up his family's real estate empire while on official business

- William Barr, Dept. of Justice, for this: Trump’s Conquest of the Department of Justice Is Complete | The New Republic

- Betsy DeVos, Education, for being a big campaign donor, with barely a clue about education; particularly STEM education.

- Ben Carson, Housing, for not knowing anything about it and not doing any other than attempt to buy a $30,000 dining room table for his office.

- Elaine Chao, Transportation, for self-dealing. Also for her dept. wanting to bring back gas guzzlers while global auto competiveness requires efficiency.

- Rick Perry, Energy, for initially wanting to abolish the Dept. he later headed. Trump later abolished Perry, apparently because he stopped thinking he (Trump) was God's chosen one.

- Scott Pruitt, EPA, for personal corruption. Plus pretty much trying to dismantle the Dept. he was formerly in charge of.

- Linda McMahon, Small Business Administration, for being a major donor whose "understanding" of small business needs was her husband's ownership of the World Wrestling Entertainment. Now running a pro-Trump SuperPAC. Goodie, more hidden money in politics. Problem for small businesses is they aren't large enough to buy their own politicians.

- Rex Tillerson, State Dept., former Exxon head, who Trump thought would kiss up to Russia, but ended up this: Rex Tillerson has been fired. Experts say he did damage that could last “a generation.” - Vox He wasn't fired for that, though, but for reportedly calling his boss an idiot.

- Mike Pompeo, State Dept., for mediocrity in what should be a crucial role. Also for pushing out a conspiracy on Ukrainian interference while covering up our own Ukrainian dealings.

- Steve Mnuchin, Treasury, for being former Goldman Sachs / hedge fund dude, who won job as major Trump contributor, and most recently assured us CoViD-19 wouldn't cause a recession

- Most of the other 20+ people hired in, whose main qualification was being a former Fox News contributor.

- Not to mention the 100's of appointments of otherwise unqualfied campaign donors like Sondland: Trump Impeachment Investigation Spotlights Donor Ambassadors

I also don't care if others have done it. Time we started to hire competent and honest people.

17. Likes SIP6A, Milland, iwananew10K, MrWhoopee liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    Well actuality it is. He is the chief executive officer of the United states. Your just buck passing.

President Truman famously had a sign on had desk that said "the buck stops here"

But that has something to do with personal responsibility. Not that the giant orange head would know anything about that.
    Well.. he's an abrasive arsehole, and an effective President of the United States.

His many TDS-afflicted detractors are abrasive arseholes who are NOT President of the United States.

Or in charge of much of anything ELSE of any greater import than a keyboard, certainly, and their own ass, "only maybe".

Seem we have the winning arsehole in the right place.

And all the losing arseholes in the right place as well.

What's not to like about that?

And why would anyone sane expect a reversal of their respective roles to be beneficial?

HE prolly can't even operate a manual center-punch.

Y'all sure as Hell can't run a COUNTRY, if even yer OWN shop.

Put that in perspective. Or get out from behind yer armour-plated keyboard, join the Clown Car Krew and run for office on yer own merit - or lack, thereof - next go.

THEN see how well yah do at getting votes.

As he already has done. And is odds-on likely to do AGAIN.

19. Likes CalG liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    I think our constitution has been deeply weakened.
    Yes, but there is still a lot of good life in it.

dee
    ;-D

21. Likes CalG liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had no idea that so many comments and points of view are so compactly placed on one page of the internet.
    I don't do twitter.

the top graphical info was linked from elsewhere. That is shocking enough.
    https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1245742814790586368
    I think they might want to reconsider their expected rate of hospitalizations.

31,142 hospitalized out of 210K positives is 14.7%. That number matches up pretty close with other sources.

I have no idea why IHME models hospitalizations that high. I;ll have to watch this closely.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Well.. he's an abrasive arsehole, and an effective President of the United States.

Name all the things the arsehole has done right...

I am still looking for his list of "accomplishments", everything he touches turns to shit.

dee
    ;-D

24. Likes Milland, SIP6A, redlee, tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think they might want to reconsider their expected rate of hospitalizations.

31,142 hospitalized out of 210K positives is 14.7%. That number matches up pretty close with other sources.

I have no idea why IHME models hospitalizations that high. I;ll have to watch this closely.
    I think we are all hoping the models are erring on the high side

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    Name all the things the arsehole has done right...
    Stymie 60 million f**wits is the most important one.

Otherwise? F**ks sake, Dee. I'm in my 76th year.

I ain't got the time LEFT for no multi-year historical / clerical database building projects!

The "list" ain't what matters. It's the benefical effects the winners - American Citizens - are enjoying that counts.

You personally missed out on a better situation these past three years for spending all your time preying for impeachment, whining and crying off the back of an addiction to failure to stop the march of progress.

And been off reveling in yer misery - blaming OTHERS for your shortcomings?

"As usual."

Whose fault is THAT?

27. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    You should stop watching CNN because that has been proven to be false.
    Here's a report of that particular event at the time that it happened (05/10/18).

Trump official overseeing pandemic readiness exits | TheHill

I've copied and pasted the text here:

"A top official who would lead the U.S. response if a deadly pandemic broke out has left the administration amid a broad reorganization of the national security team, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer left the National Security Council (NSC) this week, and national security adviser John Bolton dissolved the global health security team that Ziemer oversaw.

The Post reported that Ziemer will not be replaced, and that his departure means that there is no single official at the highest levels of the administration who focuses only on global health security.

NSC spokesman Robert Palladino told the Post that the Trump administration “remains committed to global health, global health security and biodefense, and will continue to address these issues with the same resolve under the new structure.”

Ziemer’s departure from the NSC is the latest since Bolton joined the administration last month. Four senior aides left or resigned under pressure from the council during Bolton’s first week on the job.

Bolton has said he wants to restructure the NSC.

Two members of Ziemer’s global health team are now working in a unit overseeing weapons of mass destruction and another joined a unit on international organizations, the Post reported.

White House homeland security adviser Tom Bossert, who called for a thorough strategy to combat pandemics, left the administration the day after Bolton starting serving in the post.

The Post noted that Ziemer departed the same day that a new Ebola outbreak was identified in Congo.

And the Trump administration included more than $250 million in unused funds from the Ebola epidemic in 2014 and 2015 in a rescissions package released this week."

29. Likes Milland, tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here's what "snopes" says:

Surely you don't believe that the CDC's decision to develop it's own test was personally made by Donald Trump?
    I have no idea whether Trump personally made that CDC blunder. But I do firmly believe the entire Trump Administration is lacking expertise to run America during a pandemic. The Stable Genius only wants loyalty. He appoints people so unqualified to some positions that not even his yes men republicans in the Congress/Senate approve the appointment.
    Trump made some appointments to the Intelligence agencies that even Linsey Graham and McConnell refused to verify those appointments.
    So yes, I blame Trump.

Furthermore....Trump has been President for 3-1/2 years. My God...over three years and he still blames prior Presidents for his failures. The man is a train wreck. He’s a con artist. He good at being a thug and a con artists.
    But, Donald Trump is always the DUMBEST GUY IN THE ROOM. That’s every room....no matter where he is....he’s the dumbest guy in there.
    And he’s had THREE & a half years. Trump is a disaster.

31. Likes dcsipo, janvanruth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=thermite;3520518]Well.. he's an abrasive arsehole, and an effective President of the United States.

You cant be serious.
    Maybe ask the rest of the planet about their opinion of him.