Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT Therm[When they cancel the prostitutes then you know it's armageddon.]

Or when thy walk 8 mile Road with a Free sign..oh no that is ...arm a gona ged som. Just kidding not me.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by henrya View Post
    Its pretty calm around here. Might not get the right brand of milk or exactly the cut of meat you want, kinda like when it snows or 4th of July cook out time. I'm in a rural area near a major city. Its a little tighter up there from what I hear.
    Much the same - chocolate milk, preferred coffee creamer, preferred orange or Apple juice.

I'm in a less affluent section of VERY affluent NOVA shruburbs of Metro-DC . Read "lots of the paychecks are Federal, direct, or Federal CONTRACTOR ones".

Might cuts of meat be sort of a "bellweather"?

Doesn't look a shortage. The reverse, rather.

POS system auto-restock plus seasoned Manager's minding for aberrations seem to have reduced the ORDERS bringing in meats to the department. So they don't go past "sell by" date in large percentage.

Could be that is off the back of lower traffic, altered buying days, hence greater swings, less predictability, and reduced buying of meats, all combined.

No freezer space LEFT, here, for example. Chock full and going frugal as to consumption as I'm sedentary and not as hungry. Also off the back of stocking up gradually for many months as to bargains for a family visit BEFORE all this started.

Not hoarding of meat as much as hoarding of "cheap", IOW.

One household, one resident. Statistics not significant.

Well "Student" and I might agree they COULD be.

His work made my employers and I rather a lot of coin, back in the day.

2CW

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Here's the promised joke, now circulating:

Sometime this year, we taxpayers will likely receive another economic stimulus.

It is indeed a very exciting program, and I’ll explain it by using a Q&A format:

Q: What is an Economic Stimulus?

A: It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q: Where will the government get this money?

A: From taxpayers.

Q: Is the government simply giving me back my own money, then?

A: No, only a smidgen of it. (e.g. the 2-3% growth on 5% of GDP borrowed noted above)

Q: What is the purpose of this payment?

A: The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high definition television set, a new iPad, or a new SUV, thus stimulating the economy.

Q: Isn’t that stimulating the economy of China?

A: Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U. S. Economy with your stimulus check. Use it wisely:

* If you spend the stimulus money at Walmart the money will go to China or Sri Lanka. (note Walmart part of the DJIA 30)

* if you spend it on gasoline, it money will go to the Arabs.

* if you purchase a computer, it goes to India, Taiwan or China.

* if you purchase fruits and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.

* if you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea.

* if you purchase useless stuff, it goes to Taiwan.

* if you pay your credit card off, or buy stock, it will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by:

(1) Spending it at a yard sale, or (2) Going to a ballgame, or (3) Spending it on prostitutes, or (4) Beer, or (5) Tattoos

(These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S.)

CONCLUSION: Go to a ballgame with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day.

No need to thank the orginator of this he was just glad he could be of help.

What far too many don't realize is that we've been spending even greater borrowed sums to prop up our economy and especially the Dow over the past several years. At least, that's my take.
    Quote from this site;
    What to do with Your Stimulus Check | Texas Gun Talk - The Premier Texas Gun Forum

I often thought you were a quick typer.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    Oh my, haven't laughed that hard in weeks
    Mm forgive your mirror and visit it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here.
    This guy explains the whole thing.
    I think this is what the lefties here are trying to get across.

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Here's the promised joke, now circulating:

No need to thank the orginator of this he was just glad he could be of help.

What far too many don't realize is that we've been spending even greater borrowed sums to prop up our economy and especially the Dow over the past several years. At least, that's my take.
    Thanks for that "layman's explanation.

My response before the bill even passed was to give it to our grand children. They are the ones who will be paying off the note.

We, America, needs to distance it's self from the "Chinese socio-political and economic" TRAP!

7. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by henrya View Post
    Here.
    This guy explains the whole thing.
    I think this is what the lefties here are trying to get across.

YouTube
    Yep. Precisely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Sounds like fun but they canceled the ballgames,. Hard to even get a decent pool match.
    Of the national brands, Yuengling is the only American owned . Aim for the craft beer section at the local pub (that is closed)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Given the last two months, I'd go for a Bush. I mean, we'd probably be bombing Afghanistan for giving us Corona, but we wouldn't be in this clusterfuck of a mess we are right now.
    Yah think this "clusterfuck of a mess" checked ahead of time as to whom would be Pretzelbent of the You-Ass-of-Ay?

Or what is WAS costing to put bombs ... anywhere, really. I mean, given they don't exactly hitch-hike, walk barefoot, nor crawl on their belly like a serpent from production line to their point of impact?

Dwight Eisenhower might have handled it better. But ONLY with "Beatle" Smith covering the hard stuff. Possibly the most effective Chief of Staff as ever walked, Walter Bedell Smith was?

Ike was NEVER so much the "Fighting General" as he was the hard-ass, conniving, dirty-dealing devious, back-room head-banger and blackmailer as forced "real" COMBAT generals to at least half-assed fight the same enemy, even if only temporarily.

Think DJT, but far better at it, and certainly with seriously better PR?

But "smiling Ike" ain't here, now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Of the national brands, Yuengling is the only American owned . Aim for the craft beer section at the local pub (that is closed)
    Used to have friends from out east that would load up their cars with Yuengling before returning to school in Michigan as it wasn't sold here then.

Not sure if it is now. Last time I bought it I had to go to Ohio to get it. Drinking mostly Fat Tire if I drink.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This was just shared on facebook...seems about right.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    Am I the only one that noticed that the giant orange head was all upset that GM didn't build them in Lordstown? Ohio being a state he needs to carry to win in November.

Also If you read these news stories closely you will see that the states that have been in lockstep with him are getting much more support than the states that have opposed him.

You would think with a national crisis like this politics would be put aside for you know the good of the country

We will remember come November

13. Likes Milland, tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Yah think this "clusterfuck of a mess" checked ahead of time as to whom would be Pretzelbent of the You-Ass-of-Ay?

Or what is WAS costing to put bombs ... anywhere, really. I mean, given they don't exactly hitch-hike, walk barefoot, nor crawl on their belly like a serpent from production line to their point of impact?

Dwight Eisenhower might have handled it better. But ONLY with "Beatle" Smith covering the hard stuff. Possibly the most effective COS as ever walked?

Ike was NEVER so much the "Fighting General" as he was the hard-ass, conniving, dirty-dealing devious, back-room head-banger and blackmailer as forced "real" COMBAT generals to at least half-assed fight the same enemy, even if only temporarily.

Think DJT, but far better at it, and certainly with seriously better PR?

But "smiling Ike" ain't here, now.
    But would there be a ventilator or mask shortage? No. Halliburton would be making them. Or at least importing them and distributing them.

Cost? Irrelevant. None of it's real, your generation taught us that with being able to work a summer and make enough to pay for college, or a new truck...my generation figured out that all you have to do is keep transferring the balance to a new card. After all, I am about to get $2900 for which my wife, daughter and I are only spending what? $36,000? And I am one of the "lucky ones"...some of you poor bastards just got the bill.

15. Likes tim9lives, TeachMePlease liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    The two constants are deaths and population.
    This site gives deaths per million of population
    Coronavirus Update (Live): 1,095,653 Cases and 58,809 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

USA 21, Italy 243, Spain 240, Germany 15, Franc 100, UK 53, Denmark 24, Ireland 24. Canada 6, Japan .5,

Good to do some research to figure why Germany, Japan and Canada are so low.
    Spain and Italy they drink wine Germany they drink warm beer. Japan they eat sea weed. Canada they seem to mimic people in the USA as far as I can see... but most French Quebec guys are a little off. Not uncommon to see them pulling fish out of the ice bare handed at 10 or 15* below zero Fahrenheit.

Agree have no Idea if this is relevant to the virus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed that the giant orange head was all upset that GM didn't build them in Lordstown? Ohio being a state he needs to carry to win in November.

Also If you read these news stories closely you will see that the states that have been in lockstep with him are getting much more support than the states that have opposed him.

You would think in a nation crisis politics would be put aside for you know the good of the country

We will remember come November
    You just connected the dots. In a previous thread, it was noted that nobody understood the GM connection. Here come to find out they were just trying to use their capacity for reasonable good. I'm sure there was money to be made, but isn't there always.

I mean, look at Ford. Friend of the family is salary level ford engineering and had been sent home as non-essential, he then got called back in to work to assemble face shields that they are donating to local hospitals.

Meanwhile, at the federal level, we are playing games about who is going to kiss who's ass.

18. Likes Milland, SIP6A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I’ll say it again. When I heard My neighbor tell me they were voting for Trump when he first announced he was running for President, I remember telling her that it would be a disaster.

But, that was in the best of times. Throw a wrench in the works, like a viral pandemic..... oh gosh. Yes, it’s an absolute CLUSTERFUCK.

I’d kiss the ground for Bush....even kiss the ground for Cheney...aka Dr Evil. You remember, the guy who shoots his hunting buddy in the face.

It’s not just that Trump is clueless, it’s that he has put nothing but yes men in top Administration positions. Anyone who can think on their feet....think outside the box....got fired.

To put that in perspective....it would be like firing every machinist at your shop.....firing anyone with an analytical mind.....and sticking lawyers and accountants in front of your lathes, mills and cnc machines.

I’m guessing your business would go into the crapper. Well guess what friends.... Trump and Company has brought America to its knees. We’re in the crapper.

20. Likes Milland, SIP6A, redlee, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You just connected the dots. In a previous thread, it was noted that nobody understood the GM connection. Here come to find out they were just trying to use their capacity for reasonable good. I'm sure there was money to be made, but isn't there always.

I mean, look at Ford. Friend of the family is salary level ford engineering and had been sent home as non-essential, he then got called back in to work to assemble face shields that they are donating to local hospitals.

Meanwhile, at the federal level, we are playing games about who is going to kiss who's ass.
    I don't know a thing about the GM thing, but I can see an angle to trying to help areas (people) that have been shorted by the industrial migration off shore. After all, we did just pass a 2-4 trillion dollar stimulus package. Who should get the benefit? Those that need it the most would be an option.

Let me restate, I don't know about all the issues. and nothing about Lordstown. How are they doing there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    I’ll say it again. When I heard My neighbor tell me they were voting for Trump when he first announced he was running for President, I remember telling her that it would be a disaster.

But, that was in the best of times. Throw a wrench in the works, like a viral pandemic..... oh gosh. Yes, it’s an absolute CLUSTERFUCK.

I’d kiss the ground for Bush....even kiss the ground for Cheney...aka Dr Evil. You remember, the guy who shoots his hunting buddy in the face.

It’s not just that Trump is clueless, it’s that he has put nothing but yes men in top Administration positions. Anyone who can think on their feet....think outside the box....got fired.

To put that in perspective....it would be like firing every machinist at your shop.....firing anyone with an analytical mind.....and sticking lawyers and accountants in front of your lathes, mills and cnc machines.

I’m guessing your business would go into the crapper. Well guess what friends.... Trump and Company has brought America to its knees. We’re in the crapper.
    The option was Hillary, but, and I quote*. "What difference does that make now".

*At least paraphrased)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post

That's the thing that I don't understand - most of the guys here are pretty darn smart technically. They understand that wishful thinking and foot-stamping won't get them good parts if their process is wrong, the material is brass instead of stainless, or they're using oxygen instead of argon when TIG welding.

But some sort of switch gets flipped when it comes to djt, and all of a sudden logic and reason are put up against the wall and shot. There's a truism that the only thing djt is good at is lying. Impulsively, continually, and even when the facts so blatantly say otherwise.

You just have to check this thread to see how many of his followers adopt that "lie-ality" over reality, but if an employee was to hand them a two inch part when the drawing called for a two-footer, would they just agree that it's correct and what they wanted?

Destroying America from the inside. These guys are doing it, while claiming it's the "Left" (actually, almost all Centrists to the rest of the world). This is the true TDS.

24. Likes tim9lives, MrWhoopee, janvanruth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Watching The Newshour....just found out that the Europeans did their stimulus differently. Money went directly to businesses to keep everyone employed. Much better in my opinion. It’s very troubling to be a 25 year old kid with 1 or 2 children and now be unemployed. We have zero leadership today. Just politicians who only care about getting re-elected.

It makes it more understandable now when looking at historical events.... like why the Italians strung up Mussolini naked in the town square.

26. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    I don't know a thing about the GM thing, but I can see an angle to trying to help areas (people) that have been shorted by the industrial migration off shore. After all, we did just pass a 2-4 trillion dollar stimulus package. Who should get the benefit? Those that need it the most would be an option.

Let me restate, I don't know about all the issues. and nothing about Lordstown. How are they doing there?
    Lordstown is completely unsuitable for making respirators. It's at least a million square feet of high bay manufacturing set up for assembling automobiles. Kokomo was an electronics plant that is divided up into areas for small part manufacturing and assembly. I wouldn't be surprised if they even have clean rooms. Or at least rooms that are very clean by auto plant standards. GM made the decision where to build based on over a hundred years of experience in manufacturing. The giant orange head wanted it to go where it would go to do him the most good politically

We will remember come November.