Close
Login to Your Account
Page 147 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    i doubt that any of the stock and raw materials of a car production plant can be used on producing ventilators.
    If they can get material certification wavers, then some of the injection molded plastics could be used, but I don't know how much of that is still done in-house at auto plants, as opposed to lower-tier suppliers.

Sheet metal can make the frames and component supports, white alloy castings can be made, painting areas, well, paint, etc. I've no doubt that a fair amount can be done given that (no matter how much we bash them) modern car engineers are pretty darn good.

djt's posturing on Lordstown is just that, more of "everything is transactional, and all in the glory of djt". Wants votes, wants to point to a jobs boom in Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jz79 View Post
    GM exploiting the weak president, that is what it is, now Trump will have to buy them whatever the price is, he has absolutely no legs to stand on

I suspect it has been like this since January, he simply cannot govern with zero real support, even if he wanted to do the right thing, he couldn't, exploited by his "supporters" and slandered continuously by the opposition, politics at its finest...

not for a moment I'd believe that Trump (and his team) was so stupid as to order the production of those ventilators in an unsuitable factory, there was some power play going on there, and Trump was on the receiving end of it

I'm not trying to support what Trump is doing, just pointing out the impossible situation he is

Gm and Ventec went ahead without a purchase order. Ventec is so small they bet the company on one order, THIS order, the one without a buyer.

FEMA may have placed a PO since Wednesday. Ventec has come to an agreement with FEMA since then, says an unidentified source (according to Kaiser). Unidentified because Ventec and GM have been reluctant to criticize FEMA/POTUS - they want to avoid political retaliation.

Trump controls FEMA, and as of Wednesday, FEMA balked at a 1 billion $US price tag. That's much less than is being spent to prop up the stock market. Which do you think is more effective at saving lives, stock market or ventilators?

I don't see how hard it is for Pres. Trump to order ventilators, or how it's an impossible situation. Fill me in.

3. Likes Milland, Bobw liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

More here:- 3M FP2 masks ordered by Germany seized in Bancock and diverted.

These were almost certainly not being 'exported' from the US, since 3M make 2/3 of their masks outside the US.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by neilho View Post
    Fill me in.
    Unable.

Only Sakrete under-roof has gone rock hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Neilho, good post and informative.

The attention seeker did his thing - if we ignore him, he'll go away.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Neilho, good post and informative.

The attention seeker did his thing - if we ignore him, he'll go away.
    Surely yah did.

BTW.. Hear tell pills exists as will make the whole damn universe go away.
    Trump included. Even thermite! And Milland, if that is of any concern to yah.

Personally, I might want something a tad more selective?

Country
    LATVIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by neilho View Post
    Gm and Ventec went ahead without a purchase order. Ventec is so small they bet the company on one order, THIS order, the one without a buyer.

FEMA may have placed a PO since Wednesday. Ventec has come to an agreement with FEMA since then, says an unidentified source (according to Kaiser). Unidentified because Ventec and GM have been reluctant to criticize FEMA/POTUS - they want to avoid political retaliation.

Trump controls FEMA, and as of Wednesday, FEMA balked at a 1 billion $US price tag. That's much less than is being spent to prop up the stock market. Which do you think is more effective at saving lives, stock market or ventilators?

I don't see how hard it is for Pres. Trump to order ventilators, or how it's an impossible situation. Fill me in.
    lets see how this folds out first, if Trump will be blamed on purchasing expensive GM Kokomo made ventilators, when another option was available (I'm speculating on a CNN headline here)

and why do you think that GM went ahead with production? because Trump will not be in a position to get them anywhere else when the need will come, so it is simple manipulation of media that turns GM into heroes that "risk bankruptcy" caring about the lives while Trump is fumbling around

who is always profiting from war time? and do they need a strong leader in government, the answer to the later one is a very definitive NO!

and if Trump diverted more to med care, less for stock market, he would get nailed after pandemic for not doing enough to save the economy

so, you see, anything he does can be twisted and turned to suit some agenda, everyone in the senate benefits from the weak president, the only real losers are the citizens, who end up paying for everything

and remember, only every 5th person going on the ventilator ends up recovering, vast majority pull through with oxigen, ir you think that ventilators are some sort of a mirracle cure, they are not, just go read or look at doctor reports on how long can you keep someone on a ventilator - it is not some silver bullet solution that will save everyone, remember - only every 5th person going on it eventually pulls through

much more could be gained from developing a treatment plan that actually works, the drug trials that are in progress now - but not a lot of money is in those, and you cant manipulate public opinion with those now, that is why you're not hearing about them much

9. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    CAYMAN ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jz79 View Post
    Who is always profiting from war time? And do they need a strong leader in government?
    i) This guy.

ii) Doesnt really matter whos in the big chair, but it sure keeps the peasants busy which is always a plus!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    It makes it more understandable now when looking at historical events.... like why the Italians strung up Mussolini naked in the town square.

I agree there's some serious retribution coming but I don't think it's going to land where the NeverTrumpers hope
    . The rage I'm hearing from young people around here is pretty strongly focused on the governors and mayors who went to extremes to shut everything down, along with those who pushed extreme projected casualty figures to convince those so-called leaders.

The country at this point seems more like East Germany than America.

A preacher, who took great precautions to protect the health of his parishioners, was arrested for practicing his First Amendment rights to the free exercise of his religion and his freedom of speech. I expect he will have no trouble funding his defense as many will contribute to a legal defense fund.

A California paddleboarder was arrested for violating the stay at home order. He now faces a maximum of 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine merely for exercising his Constitutional rights. And this while many places are using the coronavirus as an excuse to release CONVICTED criminals onto the streets.

Elsewhere, despite the fact that most stay-at-home orders were supposedly non-mandatory other people have also been arrested merely for going outside, even when they kept away from other people. What next - arrested for being in your own fenced-in yard?

While there are many who cheer this shit on there are millions of others who see this as yet one more outrage piled on top of the outrage of having their income stripped from them by government edict while others are allowed to thrive.

History has shown that people will put up with a lot before they finally rebel but IMO a huge portion of the U.S. population is rapidly nearing that point. Up to now police have been successful in breaking up gatherings of "defiant ones" but what will they do when THOUSANDS decide they have had enough and pour out onto the streets?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    i) This guy.
    Douglas Adams was right again:

These tales of impending doom allowed the Golgafrinchans to rid themselves of an entire useless third of their population. The story was that they would build three Ark ships. Into the A ship would go all the leaders, scientists and other high achievers. The C ship would contain all the people who made things and did things, and the B Ark would hold everyone else, such as hairdressers and telephone sanitisers. They sent the B ship off first, but of course, the other two-thirds of the population stayed on the planet and lived full, rich and happy lives until they were all wiped out by a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone.

13. Likes Demon73, TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What did they do with the machinist-rocket scientists who dressed hair on the side?

[shifty-eyes]

15. Likes SAG 180, Trboatworks liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    What did they do with the machinist-rocket scientists who dressed hair on the side?

[shifty-eyes]
    If you don't have a heart, you can look up 'Alan Turing'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    If you don't have a heart, you can look up 'Alan Turing'.
    Wait, gotta Bletch(ley Park). Something I ate during a blitz, I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    I'm just comparing the IHME model to the actual numbers:

Ohio, April 3:

hospitalizations projected: 2801
    hospitalizations actual: 895

ICU projected: 555
    ICU Actual: 288

Total deaths projected: 107
    Total deaths actual: 91

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por.../covid-19/home

COVID-19

If the reason we have shut down everything is to protect the health care system, the models need to better predict the real impact- my concern is that overstating the hospitalizations can lead to bad policy decisions and poor allocation of resources.

THE problem is lag time, deaths[and one would assume serious cases/hospitalization] lag. So the hospital today is not the issue, it is the hospital next week. New York is inundated.

I am not questioning your numbers, just, if you will, the day.

Deaths are doubling every ~4 days, and we are just past 2 weeks out from the implementation of serious restrictions. Hopefully that means a leveling of that number.

But then some states did little, so there we get those overlapping curves......

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree there's some serious retribution coming but I don't think it's going to land where the NeverTrumpers hope. The rage I'm hearing from young people around here is pretty strongly focused on the governors and mayors who went to extremes to shut everything down, along with those who pushed extreme projected casualty figures to convince those so-called leaders
    +10 on that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Michigan guy says "We will remember in November".

Truer words were never spoken.

I predict a RECORD turnout for the election. May north of 70%?

I also predict a major shift in the leadership of many government entities, including The House, and the senate.

If the dems draft Cuomo he will win. I'd probably vote for him. I won't vote for Trump or creepy uncle Joe. If those are my choices, I'll sit it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Worldopedia has added columns for 'number tested' and 'percentage of pop tested'

interesting

When I read the stats, especially for US states I have been using an unscientific shorthand, looking at 'new deaths' over 'total deaths'
    If the new is more than 10 percent of the total, it is still going.Maybe the ratio is wrong, but simpler that delving deeper

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One interesting statistic I see is that China has 21 million less mobile phone numbers than a few months ago. It's pretty much mandatory that Chinese citizens have a mobile phone to access most government services and people are required to have one. This was noticed after a woman in China commented on social media about the piles of mobile phones on the floor in crematoriums. Even if only 1 percent is due to Covid deaths that amounts to 210 000 people or if China's figure of 5% mortality is used that's one million deaths.

In China, 21 Million Dead Mobile Phone Numbers May Indicate a Holocaust - Vision Times

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    I'm just comparing the IHME model to the actual numbers:

Ohio, April 3:

hospitalizations projected: 2801
    hospitalizations actual: 895

ICU projected: 555
    ICU Actual: 288

Total deaths projected: 107
    Total deaths actual: 91

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por.../covid-19/home

COVID-19

If the reason we have shut down everything is to protect the health care system, the models need to better predict the real impact- my concern is that overstating the hospitalizations can lead to bad policy decisions and poor allocation of resources.
    It's interesting to see how it all plays out.

I also know that University of Michigan isn't estimating the peak to come until May, but the IHME model says it should be here in a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow - if that's direct correlation, that's brutal.

24. Likes michiganbuck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SAG 180 View Post
    One interesting statistic I see is that China has 21 million less mobile phone numbers than a few months ago. It's pretty much mandatory that Chinese citizens have a mobile phone to access most government services and people are required to have one. This was noticed after a woman in China commented on social media about the piles of mobile phones on the floor in crematoriums. Even if only 1 percent is due to Covid deaths that amounts to 210 000 people or if China's figure of 5% mortality is used that's one million deaths.

In China, 21 Million Dead Mobile Phone Numbers May Indicate a Holocaust - Vision Times
    Uhh, yeah, right

seriously?

that is such a tenuous connection as to be laughable.

While the fact that EG posted it might make it questionable, he offered a rational explanation like, a week ago.

Headline in China

" Pictures of empty freeways prove US government hiding massive deaths"
    Millions in New York dead, empty freeways prove it