Close
Login to Your Account
Page 155 of 216 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Or, for that matter, bombing Pearl Harbor, invading all of Indochina, the Bridge on the River Kwai, Manchuria, Unit 731 (should read about that Cal, nice people you choose for friends) ... oh wait, Japan would know about germ warfare because they are the only ones who used it ! Not even the nazis did that.

More to the current point, did the WHO go to China or not ? Was the earlier statement a lie or not ?

Thank you.
    Your attribution of the reference to Me, and the attribution of previous generations to the present situation is testament to your own fragility.

You may need professional help dealing with your inner demons and insecurity. Think about it before it gets to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Your attribution of the reference to Me, and the attribution of previous generations to the present situation is testament to your own fragility.

You may need professional help dealing with your inner demons and insecurity. Think about it before it gets to you.
    Here, have a mirror. Learn how to use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi
    This link shows one of the reasons why the Covid 19 response cannot succeed in the USA.

World Flight Tracking Real Time

I looked at this mid-day Sat USA time. At that time, there were ~1500 flights in the air over the USA (look at the Air Craft top left of the page). That was 1/3 of all globally tracked flights. Each flight and each passenger is an opportunity for the virus to hitch a ride.

In comparison other countries, like New Zealand, have grounded the airlines. If you see a flight over New Zealand, it will be for essential cargo or personnel.

Dazz

4. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    If NY has average mortality 8.66 per 1000, less than 500 people die in New York State in an average day

630 died of Covid today

Just a liberal plot

fake news
    I wasn't able to find total number of daily deaths from NY?

It would be another interesting number to know. If it is over 1000 for yesterday I'd call it concerning and if less it means that part of the people reported to Covid-19 numbers would have died in any way to something else. This still probably looks like mild bump in overall mortality.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wasting yer keystrokes.

He's the remnant of a once privileged and well-educated man who took himself rat-fuck nuts a'purpose YEARS ago for the pure enjoyment of spending the rest of his days perfecting rat-fuck nuts.

Or maybe it was proctology and similar persuasions to do with the banking industry?

Crawling Shanghai's back alleys DOES tend to mess up the goal-seeking muscle.

Sometimes it even turns black and falls-off.

Good bye, higher-order brain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One would think that those in Washington DC who claim to be “leaders” would at least start some sort of checking for fever at all airports. It’s a pretty simple thing.....infrared forehead thermometer. You’re already checking people in to fly....add another 10 seconds and TSA could weed out some off the symptomatic CV-19 travelers.
    That should have been done 3 weeks ago. It has worked well for South Korea. It’s a comedy of errors on the Federal Level. Except people are dying....so it’s not at all funny.

8. Likes Milland, neilho liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post

It would be another interesting number to know. If it is over 1000 for yesterday I'd call it concerning and if less it means that part of the people reported to Covid-19 numbers would have died in any way to something else. This still probably looks like mild bump in overall mortality.
    Here are some other updates from Mr. Cuomo’s and Mr. Murphy’s briefings:

Deaths in New York State: 3,565, up from 2,935 on Friday morning.

Confirmed cases in New York State: 113,704, up from 102,863. In New York City, 63,306, up from 57,169.

Hospitalized in New York State: 15,905, up from 14,810.

Deaths in New Jersey: 846, up from 646 on Friday.
    Confirmed cases in New Jersey: 34,125, up from 29,895.

Hospitalized in New Jersey: More than 4,000, up from just over 3,000.

By the way....I heard that once someone goes on a ventilator....they’re on it for a long time, like 15 days. Furthermore, once on a ventilator the survival rate is just a little over 20%
    That’s like 3 out of four people on the ventilator don’t make it. Scary shit once it get in the lungs.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our (Denmark) numbers as of 4/4 8.00 am.

Hospitalized 507
    142 of the 507 in intensive care
    112 of the 507 on respirator

Dead 161
    Tested 39,928
    Registered infected 4,077
    Registered as recovered 1,283

Things aren't looking good for Sweden as they've been doing "Let's see how things go" too long. It looks as if numbers will accelerate.
    Sweden 6,558 infected and 391 deaths.

Norway 5,644 infected and 62 deaths.

Country
    FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Does anyone feel that these practices might skew the stats?
    Its certainly possible. Im watching the UK weekly respiratory number atm, it includes C-19 related deaths, C-19 deaths are also shown separately. These figures lag so the next couple weeks should shed some more light.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    My dad is probably going to pass while this deal is in the works, and I can't go to see him.
    Im sorry to hear that man.
    All the best.
    D

Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    Here are some other updates from Mr. Cuomo’s and Mr. Murphy’s briefings:

Deaths in New York State: 3,565, up from 2,935 on Friday morning.

Confirmed cases in New York State: 113,704, up from 102,863. In New York City, 63,306, up from 57,169.

Hospitalized in New York State: 15,905, up from 14,810.

Deaths in New Jersey: 846, up from 646 on Friday.
    Confirmed cases in New Jersey: 34,125, up from 29,895.

Hospitalized in New Jersey: More than 4,000, up from just over 3,000.
    What I was looking for is total number of daily deaths of any cause. On average about 420 per day in NY state but even normal influenza season increases the number by 50% or so.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your attribution of the reference to Me,
    Well, you were the one who put it up, so I thought you probably agreed with the content. If you just tossed it out there for us to laugh at, sorry for the misunderstanding.

and the attribution of previous generations to the present situation is testament to your own fragility.
    The previous generation is still alive in me, grew up under the wing of a guy who jumped into Bataan and Corregidor. Worked with a Dutch guy who built that bridge on the Kwai River (his daughter had a set anda half, let me tell ya.) And I read Barenblat's book on Unit 731 before I went there - it's close to Haerbin. If you ever want to throw up at how far beyond disgusting human beings can be, follow up on that topic. My underlying feeling about Japan is, too bad we only had two bombs.

But all that aside, I'm glad you think we should let the past live in the past. So next time I have to hear about "Mao murdered thiry million of his own people" can I call on you to shunt them aside ?

btw, have you ever calculated the chances of that happening ? If it took one shot per person, and you could line them up in a row and parade them past you, no missed shots and no time to reload, so one second per shot, it would take 4 solid years of eight hour days, weekends off but no summer vacation and no sick days, to "murder thirty million of his own people." The claim is a little far-fetched, imo.

Back to the WHO report, I personally thought it was a bit optimistic but correlated okay with what I had seen with mine own two eyes, and also what the gossipping neighbors had to say. So if you yourself have some comments on the video, I'd be happy to discuss it in a level-headed and polite manner. Just don't send me to some videotaped speech by a murdering four-eyed bucktooth Jap savage, that's all I ask.

I can recommend Barenblat's book, if you have a strong stomach. It's well-documented. A very strong stomach, you'll need it.

Here's a light-hearted intro:

Unit 731 - Wikipedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It seems severe. let us check back in 6 weeks.... Compare the overall mortality.
    I sense that you have not done as much. Single focus is good for some things. The big picture is hard to understand.

I pity the POTUS, so many issues to address. Heck, Biden wants to advise him on a host of topics, That's going to take a lot of consideration.
    You still do not understand math do you?

your 6th grade teacher must be so embarrassed

exponential growth

Let us go back 6 months, why don't we? Covid looks pretty meaningless then

Stupid Cal

Unconvincing

over the next three days over 3000, more will die, perhaps more.

because you fail to understand a basic concept does not make it false

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wasn't either, used average for usa, came to like 475, so upped to 500. I do not believe outside of epidemics there is an active real time count

The point of the post was to show the difference where the virus is most active. Averaged out in the whole country it does not look so bad, but when it accounts for a majority of what would be average deaths, that is something

In the year, I think it will be a noticeable bump, in Italy where ~600k people die in a an average year, there could be 30k deaths, not an insignificant percentage

[edit] It is 7.8 in NY state, nearly a point lower than the US as a whole. 427 die on an average day in NY state, nearly 100 less than died yesterday of Covid

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    The previous generation is still alive in me, grew up under the wing of a guy who jumped into Bataan and Corregidor. Worked with a Dutch guy who built that bridge on the Kwai River (his daughter had a set anda half, let me tell ya.) And I read Barenblat's book on Unit 731 before I went there - it's close to Haerbin. If you ever want to throw up at how far beyond disgusting human beings can be, follow up on that topic. My underlying feeling about Japan is, too bad we only had two bombs.
    There's some interesting things here. First, I think that the 30M for deaths under Mao include starvation and other consequences of the GLF, along with purposeful oppression of the intelligentsia. And as history has shown, mechanized murder isn't that hard and bullets are cheap. And CN had a lot of people to pull a trigger if needed.

Multi-processing, if you will...

On the daughter, pics or it didn't happen. But if it did, I hope you were polite.

On Unit 731, and my apologies to any readers of Japanese decent, but the Japanese culture under Imperial rule typically didn't have much consideration for the value of Non-J's. That could range from indifference to treatment as serfs, or in the extreme cases, fungible with animals or similar.

Read the first half page from here to get a sense of the place for Non-J's:

Japan's Holy War: The Ideology of Radical Shinto Ultranationalism - Walter Skya - Google Books

Again, this isn't an attempt to smear, but to look at history. One of the reasons I get so worked up about djt is I've read a fair amount of history, and while I'm far from an expert it's easy to see themes of dehumanization through the years, and the bitter costs that come from those times.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Ignorance is lack of knowledge or information.
    Ignorance is one thing, being unaware of ones own ignorance is another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    Known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns [but that only works if you shoot your hunting partner].

And then there's the willful unknowns. They're usually found with the unthinkings, and I can't do much with that...

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns [but that only works if you shoot your hunting partner].

And then there's the willful unknowns. They're usually found with the unthinkings, and I can't do much with that...
    Im thinking more along the DK effect lines tbh. Theres a lot of that in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What I was looking for is total number of daily deaths of any cause. On average about 420 per day in NY state but even normal influenza season increases the number by 50% or so.
    mmmm, not sure of that, nationally from the chart i posted above[cannot vouch for the source] it looks like it may peak about 25 percent for 2 -3 weeks
    peak bad year 1700 flu deaths per week, max week, several weeks either side at 75 percent or so, 7500 average daily deaths in the US

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    Even unaware is not the end of the world, but when faced with proof to the contrary, insistence on remaining ignorant is entirely fucked up.

@ Milland, sorry i can't go along with that. Skirting the ghost of godwin but, I can't blame uncle adolf for what happened in germany from 1935 to 1945. He didn't do it by himself, you know. In the US we used to say "following orders is not good enough."

But that's our new mantra, it seems. There's a hell of a lot of orders-followers running around right now

22. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Wasting yer keystrokes.

He's the remnant of a once privileged and well-educated man...
    Oh damn

That youtube's a helluva drug