Login to Your Account
Page 169 of 216 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post

I think you are a left wing thug. One in 4 Americans have records. Where
    I think you're barely sentient. But that's fine, in time you'll make it to "adequate". I have faith in you.

It'll take a few millennia though. I'd suggest you start now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Why were we caught with our pants down.
    There is something of a beautiful indifference of nature.

Some of the worlds best fossil deposits are marine benthos communities which had been smothered by underwater fine silt landslides.

One day everyone is just chatting it up with fellow Brachiopods and the next moment silence.
    “I love you buddy” then nothing.
    Tears in the force- millions gone.

There is a poignancy to life.
    And sometimes a harsh indifference.

It has always struck me those crowds of Brachiopods.
    Those fellas had dreams too, places to be..

A platter of the fallen.
    Fellow travelers.

74c22ff6-8eef-4fbc-913d-1d13f0fd950d.jpg

3. Likes Matt_Maguire liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I think you're barely sentient. But that's fine, in time you'll make it to "adequate". I have faith in you.

It'll take a few millennia though. I'd suggest you start now.
    Your demons are Legion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those brachiopods had it coming - I bet they didn't vote for djt! So they deserved to be covered in silt.

6. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Your demons are Legion.
    Your demons are in your head.

Honestly, you need help. Please talk to a doctor.

8. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stocks all up ..that may mean good corona virus news is just down the pike.

Agree most/many/some are still 50% low...

Leveling off would still be bad, but good news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those brachiopods had it coming - I bet they didn't vote for djt! So they deserved to be covered in silt.
    That’s the thing isn’t it.

One of the recent WWI movies was a long study of character.
    The stoic hero, the mans man, the young terrified boy.
    Seasoned veterans and greenhorns.
    We are introduced to a clutter of humanity in all its nuance.

The last 30 seconds of the movie was an artillery barrage which obliterated all.
    Personality, experience, strength or weakness.
    Nothing mattered.
    All fell.

It’s times such as these that we should perhaps lay aside some things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post

The last 30 seconds of the movie was an artillery barrage which obliterated all.
    Personality, experience, strength or weakness.
    Nothing mattered.
    All fell.

It’s times such as these that we should perhaps lay aside some things.
    And that's the thing about war - it doesn't discriminate who it takes. On the other hand, when we elect the unqualified, but then expect them to lead us in war (or combating a virus), do we blindly charge up a hill into enemy machine gun nests, knowing we will all die? Or do we question our unfit leaders and look for alternatives?

In WW1 hordes of soldiers died due to tactics advocated by those away from the front lines, those that were used to cavalry charges and orderly waves of riflemen. But they were fighting the last wars, the previous wars, not the war of mechanized slaughter, of trenches and tanks, of poison gas and mines.

We, the soldiers, have some right to question orders when they're given to us by the uncaring or the uninformed.

Don't we?

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    I totally agree that we can’t trust the Chinese Communist Government. It’s not they have ulterior motives....their motives are clear as day. China wants to dominate. They’ve been very clear about that.
    This is called 'projection'. This is what the US does, and before it, England. Do you see Chinese missionaries all over the world ? Colonies ? Army bases ?

Historically (you can look this up) China looks inward. They are convinced they are the greatest, they don't need to pay attention to the rest of the world, the world can come to them. They don't want to dominate, they figure they don't need to, they are mankind's best and brightest, the rest of the world can get a visa to come see how it's done.

Seriously, this has been their culture and history for well over a thousand years. It did not help them very much when they went static and missed out on the Industrial Revolution. They may not make that mistake again. But they haven't changed their underlying beliefs. They still look to themselves first.

Big changes in the past twenty years. They are close to not needing any "foreign experts". This virus thing will only reinforce that ... China had 80,000 cases and 3500 deaths. The US is going to be four or five times worse, if it's lucky. (In deaths. Cases have already gone over four times worse, deaths will follow. Seems like about 15% end up critical and about half of those die. Period. Everywhere very similar. There's no medicine and even if one came out tomorrow it couldn't be quick enough to make a difference. In two weeks you'll have at least 30,000 dead. US will be lucky to get off that easy, I bet it will be twice that or more)

Where it really shows up is, instead of pissing away hundreds of billions of dollars trying to "dominate" the world, like the US does and the Soviet Union tried, they spend the money internally. Instead of having big armies and investment banks that tell the government what to do, and a leader who thinks he can poopoo an epidemic into submission, they get a pretty resilient economy and a decent living standard and when a disaster strikes, they can handle it. They do handle it, which kinda surprised me. I used to believe that even if the US wasn't best at everything, it was basically competent. It got stuff done.

You sure as hell don't now. Everyone is too busy coming up with excuses. And the government is no better than the people posting here. They are flat-out morons.

That didn't come out the way I meant but oh well

It is important to understand China because they have a billion people and will soon be more important to the world than the US. But projecting your own ideas onto them will fail. China is not the US.

It's why Ali had such a hard time with Frazier. Their styles were totally different. If you plan to exist in a world of limited resources but you don't even know what other countries' personalities, skills and weak points are, then you are doomed to failure. Especially if your only skill is bullying people.

What else can the US really do ? Nothing that isn't being done just as well or better somewhere else. That's a shitty competitive position. I don't see it changing because you are all too busy pointing fingers, yelling names, and no one cares about performance, just about which tribe the public figure belongs to. The worst part is, you worship the people who steal all the money for themselves instead of making the country better. That doesn't work. Ever.

There's people here with little shops who do damn good work and are reliable and honest and save their money and treat people right and what do they get ?

Fucked. By Bubba, not Scarlett Johansdottir.

The US is upside-down, Jack. Way upside-down.

13. Likes janvanruth, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

USA dearth rate per million population now 29 was 7,7 and 24 on other past dates I considered.
    Still 29 is fairly low..and not very comforting if you die.
    Janie's sister at the VA hospital has a young man of 26 who is in very bad shape and thoughts are that he may die. Today's radio reported a baby with having a temp of 106 and now recovering, good.
    seems the USA is very high in number of tests given

Death by population
    Coronavirus Update (Live): 1,292,331 Cases and 70,680 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    This is called 'projection'. This is what the US does, and before it, England. Do you see Chinese missionaries all over the world ? Colonies ? Army bases ?
    Ho-ho! Umm, all the investment in Africa, much of an exploitative nature [Yes, I know the Brits, the Belgies, and the USA did it too]? China’s Ugly Exploitation of Africa—and Africans

The major purchases of land in Australia? Here'''s why China is buying up assets in Australia

The manufactured islands to claim waters off Vietnam? Why the US Navy sails past disputed artificial islands claimed by China - ABC News

The lasering of US military pilots by Chinese soldiers in their overseas military base in Djibouti? Chinese lasers injure US military pilots in Africa, Pentagon says - CNNPolitics [they've also done this from ships at sea]

Yeah, no. China is clearly in expansionist mode, don't play games with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And that's the thing about war - it doesn't discriminate who it takes. On the other hand, when we elect the unqualified, but then expect them to lead us in war (or combating a virus), do we blindly charge up a hill into enemy machine gun nests, knowing we will all die? Or do we question our unfit leaders and look for alternatives?

In WW1 hordes of soldiers died due to tactics advocated by those away from the front lines, those that were used to cavalry charges and orderly waves of riflemen. But they were fighting the last wars, the previous wars, not the war of mechanized slaughter, of trenches and tanks, of poison gas and mines.

We, the soldiers, have some right to question orders when they're given to us by the uncaring or the uninformed.

Don't we?
    Pompeii or Gallipoli

Does it really matter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you see Chinese missionaries all over the world ? Colonies ? Army bases ?
    Ahh... China Belt and Road policy. Missionaries around the world for a godless cause. "Gotcha by the balls".$$$

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

China is clearly in expansionist mode, ..or Russia with Sanders almost being the delegate..We want to be like them..

Any of those rich guys having 12 foot aluminum boat be dammmed...lets all be even Steven..that would be fair.

only the Gruberment should be wealthy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I'd like to see the four senators who chose to make very intelligent financial decisions, following a confidential briefing, legally hung by their toenails so to speak.
    Um, No. Not 'to speak.'

Actually do a Mussolini on them please. Insider trading like that is punished by jail time if one of the
    "little people" do it. Should be fair game for them, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Historically (you can look this up) China looks inward. They are convinced they are the greatest, they don't need to pay attention to the rest of the world, the world can come to them. They don't want to dominate, they figure they don't need to, they are mankind's best and brightest, the rest of the world can get a visa to come see how it's done.

Seriously, this has been their culture and history for well over a thousand years. It did not help them very much when they went static and missed out on the Industrial Revolution. They may not make that mistake again. But they haven't changed their underlying beliefs. They still look to themselves first.

Big changes in the past twenty years. They are close to not needing any "foreign experts". This virus thing will only reinforce that ... China had 80,000 cases and 3500 deaths. The US is going to be four or five times worse, if it's lucky. (In deaths. Cases have already gone over four times worse, deaths will follow. Seems like about 15% end up critical and about half of those die. Period. Everywhere very similar. There's no medicine and even if one came out tomorrow it couldn't be quick enough to make a difference. In two weeks you'll have at least 30,000 dead. US will be lucky to get off that easy, I bet it will be twice that or more)

Where it really shows up is, instead of pissing away hundreds of billions of dollars trying to "dominate" the world, like the US does and the Soviet Union tried, they spend the money internally. Instead of having big armies and investment banks that tell the government what to do, and a leader who thinks he can poopoo an epidemic into submission, they get a pretty resilient economy and a decent living standard and when a disaster strikes, they can handle it. They do handle it, which kinda surprised me. I used to believe that even if the US wasn't best at everything, it was basically competent. It got stuff done.

You sure as hell don't now. Everyone is too busy coming up with excuses. And the government is no better than the people posting here. They are flat-out morons.

That didn't come out the way I meant but oh well

It is important to understand China because they have a billion people and will soon be more important to the world than the US. But projecting your own ideas onto them will fail. China is not the US.

It's why Ali had such a hard time with Frazier. Their styles were totally different. If you plan to exist in a world of limited resources but you don't even know what other countries' personalities, skills and weak points are, then you are doomed to failure. Especially if your only skill is bullying people.

What else can the US really do ? Nothing that isn't being done just as well or better somewhere else. That's a shitty competitive position. I don't see it changing because you are all too busy pointing fingers, yelling names, and no one cares about performance, just about which tribe the public figure belongs to. The worst part is, you worship the people who steal all the money for themselves instead of making the country better. That doesn't work. Ever.

There's people here with little shops who do damn good work and are reliable and honest and save their money and treat people right and what do they get ?

Fucked. By Bubba, not Scarlett Johansdottir.

The US is upside-down, Jack. Way upside-down.
    Here Comrade Goldstein:

Commie Underlings

I think this is a more realistic view of your handler’s regime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Pompeii or Gallipoli

Does it really matter?
    Yes. OHMYGODYES!

One was the wrath of a volcano, but we can be sure there was some warning. Volcanoes rarely are true "out of the blue" events, due to the seismic activity that goes on before major explosions. Those people could have fled, but didn't

Gallipoli was a man-made disaster, fully orchestrated and run by men who made choices and strategies. Bad ones. Gallipoli campaign - Wikipedia Those soldiers could have rebelled, but unless all fully committed they would have been tried and shot for treason (as some were).

This event gave us warning. This event offered time to plan and lay the groundwork for defense. Our leaders didn't. And they ignored the advise of their experts.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by henrya View Post
    Here Comrade Goldstein:

I think this is a more realistic view of your handler’s regime.
    For fifty bucks I'd let you lick my boots.

Fuck off, assbreath.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=EmanuelGoldstein;3523544]For fifty bucks I'd let you lick my boots.
    /QUOTE]

Wait a second! You charged me $60, you bastard!

Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    USA dearth rate per million population now 29 was 7,7 and 24 on other past dates I considered.
    Still 29 is fairly low..and not very comforting if you die.

seems the USA is very high in number of tests given

Death by population
    Coronavirus Update (Live): 1,292,331 Cases and 70,680 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
    Overall US death rate doesn't look bad at all so far but NYC has 322 deaths per million, more than Italy.
    (Nothing compared to Lombardy still: 890 deaths/M)

High in numbers of tested but seem like always one step behind what would be needed with the test numbers.