Corona virus affecting your business ? Over reaction? - Page 187
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 187 of 216 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4311
  1. #3721
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    978
    Likes (Received)
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    LOL! Time for a fresh game? I don't see the lucky bastid as having a lot to complain about.

    Reminds me of the Mountaineer who comes to have a word with his Mum, crushed. Seems the young fellow had fallen arse over teakettle in love with a lovely local girl and she with him.

    Then his Dad - vehemently opposed to the marriage, finally admitted WHY his Son MUST NOT marry her, "Coz his Dad had been randy "back in the day" and was actually the girl's FATHER. Not wise to marry even a half-sister. Kids are likely to be sick.

    Hearty laugh from the Mother.

    "You two go right ahead and marry!" "No such risk!"

    "I've know all along he Fathered the girl. Her Mum is my best friend."

    "What HE doesn't know is that he is HER father. But he isn't YOUR Father!"

    ===

    'Jared Kushner?"

    What did he know? And when did he know it?

    Statistics show America is running critically short of lies since they started rejecting Chinese ones off the back of substandard build quality and shoddy raw material.

    The shortage has gone serious enough the Media are even recyling the ones the Democrats have already worn out so bad yah can see gravel, mud, and trouble coming right through the floorboards.

    Next contestant, please.
    Thatís a good one Thermite. In all honesty, you remind me of my dear departed Uncle. He always had 4 or 5 good jokes. And he was a sharp guy. But he too was stubborn.
    The joke was good. But then we morphed into the nasty bad Democrats...and it occurs to me that itís not that you guys like Trump. No....itís that you dislike the Democrats.

    And...,you guys seem to think that anyone who criticizes Trump is defending the Democrats. Neither party is honorable at this stage nor is either party representing the people. But.....the reason my post are so filled with piss and vinegar ( as Doug said ) is that I am just dumbfounded that anyone can defend this President. He and his cohorts are stealing America blind all the while....doing Putinís bidding. Hell, he handed Syria to Putin and tried to hand Putin the Ukraine. The Ukraine is Putinís number one priority because if Ukraine shows the world itís better with Democracy.....then the Russians are going to look across the border and want the same.

    How in the hell can anyone defend this President.

  2. Likes Milland, Asquith, Bobw liked this post
  3. #3722
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    5,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5085
    Likes (Received)
    5100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Virus slowing down and soon likely the big decision will be when to go back to work. We should be better off with keeping some distancing, washing hands, perhaps still wearing masks..Likely Trump's call or the governors will/may demand it. We can't go on forever because with no income the country will go belly up.
    If Trump calls it just a little in error the others will take that to the hanging tree.
    What ever should we do?

    Endeavor to persevere.

    Seriously, what we should do is DEMAND that solutions be found to resume economic activity ASAP. The Massachusetts Governor's shutdown order is to last until May 4, 26 days from now. That's a lifetime for small businesses that are already severely stressed by being forcibly shut down. Most say they do not want more loans which will only add more and possibly fatal debt. What they want is to go back to what they were doing which was to work hard to feed their families and have a better life. Many of them had hoped to keep working and sell the business when they eventually retired. A failed business that operated in a rented space is worth NOTHING and any physical assets might not even cover debts such as overdue rent.

    This government mandated UNEQUAL forced shutdown is the cruelest thing I have ever seen our governments do in over six decades of life. By ordering businesses closed and then creating a laundry list of exceptions they are playing god by deciding who lives and who dies economically. And there is politics in this. Many of the exempted are supporters and contributors and the non-exempt either supported opponents or simply weren't involved.

    It is tragic that a country born out of revolt against a tyrannical ruler that weathered many a crisis over its more than 200 year history would be brought to its knees and conquered without a single shot being fired. Land of the free and home of the brave has been turned into the land of the sniveling enslaved cowards so terrified by media coverage of a virus that they would submit to ANYTHING in order to FEEL saaaaafe.

    In an earlier more manly age the modern tyrants who heartlessly order economy destroying shutdowns would have been faced with massive defiance that would have quickly nullified their un-Constitutional orders. DISGUSTING!

    Oh and I guess myself and a few others owe an apology to the rest of you. WE thought this thread was about dealing with a dangerous virus and we apologize for not realizing it is just a vehicle to spew venom toward Donald John Trump. Shame on us for actually discussing the virus.

    Mea culpa.

  4. Likes Yan Wo, Oldwrench liked this post
  5. #3723
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3711
    Likes (Received)
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Abbott test kits stalled in distribution.
    More intentional under testing.
    I'm not following the various conspiracies, but locally where I'm borstalled (sp) in New Mexico I think the numbers are waaaaaaaaaay under reported. Even if you account for the two week factor multiplier of 27 to 30 times (to take into account a lag).

    I think NM has a vested interest in appearing "remote" and safe/ safer especially with Netflix whole studios and production facilities moving here. I think the Governor of NM can't risk any screw ups as it can potentially economically damage a really pretty poor state already.

    I also think that a lot of poor people and those working more under the radar obviously are not going to get tested.

    In Balloon Fiesta park they were started doing open testing with cued up vehicles (only just recently) - I was 11 days in so such a test would be totally pointless and possibly more dangerous to others.

    Test kits for antibodies would by far be the most useful -'cuz that way at least you know maybe you are no longer infectious (to other people) and that you/ one has had it AND then you can get on being more useful to yourself or your community.

    I think I caught it from a 20 something years old guy who was working with me on landscaping projects (anglo guy) who came up from Texas the week before. Sharing rakes tools etc. He didn't look well but was claiming it was allergies (that's almost three weeks ago) and he was working with a crew of almost ten guys on my property... So all his colleagues and families would have had covid 19 transmission, and to their families and then potentially to older relatives (that's nearly 100 people affected fairly quickly by just one guy) . [I normally wash my hands a lot and most always wear gloves to work anyway.].

    As soon as some kind of multi point test kit is available I will try to buy a bunch and test everyone that has been working here the past six weeks just to find out where everyone is at and who is a risk to whom ?

  6. Likes Mark Rand liked this post
  7. #3724
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    978
    Likes (Received)
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Trump did not appoint Redfield, Azar did. When the testing fiasco happened, we still had a Congress. They held a hearing, and Redfield did not impress me at all. I posted back then that I thought he was acting like a CYA bureaucrat, and should go.

    He appears to have been sidelined- does not appear to be involved with the task force at all, not in any of the briefings, etc.

    Certainly questions should be asked. Not just of the CDC, but the FDA, CBP, and any other agency responsible for the nuts and bolts details of carrying out the response. The president can give the orders, but the agencies have to implement them.

    The CDC was watching- they re-routed all travelers from Wuhan to 3 US airports back on January 17. Purpose was to allow incoming passengers to be screened for symptoms. That was BEFORE China and the WHO had even acknowledged there was any human transmission (which Taiwan had notified them of, 3 weeks prior), and one day before Trump was briefed on the situation by Azar.
    Yes....and they are all part of the Trump Administration....3 years into his Administration. Oh...wait...letís blame Obama. Hell....letís blame FDR. You guys kill me at the limits youíll defend this incompetent thieving Administration.

  8. #3725
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    30,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    9469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
    I'm not following the various conspiracies,
    Thankfully. Useful folks who keep their kool have gone scarce. "Hang in there."

    This ain't a bad thread ... onct yah put all the sensation-seeking professional whiners, wannabe looters, and blame-game addicts on "ignore".

    Mind ... that because there ain't hardly ennybody still VISIBLE.

    I'm good wit' dat'.


  9. Likes cameraman liked this post
  10. #3726
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    712
    Likes (Received)
    2410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Virus slowing down and soon likely the big decision will be when to go back to work. We should be better off with keeping some distancing, washing hands, perhaps still wearing masks..Likely Trump's call or the governors will/may demand it. We can't go on forever because with no income the country will go belly up.
    If Trump calls it just a little in error the others will take that to the hanging tree.
    What ever should we do?
    It doesn't matter if Trump calls it too soon or too late. They will scream bloody murder either way.

    It will be a slow restart. My State has already extended the shutdown till May 4.

  11. #3727
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    5,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5085
    Likes (Received)
    5100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
    I'm not following the various conspiracies, but locally where I'm borstalled (sp) in New Mexico I think the numbers are waaaaaaaaaay under reported. Even of you account for the two week factor multiplier of 27 to 30 times (to take into account a lag).

    I think NM has a vested interest in appearing "remote" and safe/ safer especially with Netflix whole studios and production facilities moving here. I think the Governor of NM can't risk any screw ups as it can potentially economically damage a really pretty poor state already.

    I also think that a lot of poor people and those working more under the radar obviously are not going to get tested.

    In Balloon Fiesta park there were doing open testing with cued up vehicles - I was 11 days in so such a test would be totally pointless and possibly more dangerous to others.

    Test kits for antibodies would by far be the most useful -'cuz that way at least you know maybe you are no longer infectious (to other people) and that you/ one has had it AND then you can get on being more useful to yourself or your community.
    The fallacy with that "no longer infectious" position is that such a person can still acquire the virus on clothing etc. and pass it on to others while being immune themselves. The whole "solution" being pushed of allowing only those with antibodies to resume life is nothing but a blatant advertisement for Bill Gates' proposal of a "digital biomedical passport" based on either actual exposure or vaccination.

    If it is enacted expect massive numbers of "coronavirus parties" where people will seek to be infected, risking lives in the knowledge that survivors could resume leading a more or less normal life.

  12. #3728
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    30,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    9469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    It doesn't matter if Trump calls it too soon or too late. They will scream bloody murder either way.

    It will be a slow restart. My State has already extended the shutdown till May 4.
    Official "shutdowns" are actually sort of an "umbrella" that shelters one at a time - or industry at-a-time - local-circumstance decisions and exceptions, though.

    The hit IS deep and broad, BUT.. so is the ingenuity not so much at "cheating", but at finding genuinely workable means to keep the transmission vectors minimized, but get essential things done, even so.

    Marvelous system, humans have compared to hive creatures such as bees and looter-lie-bore-alls.

    More than one capable brain making the best available choices, each in its own environment?

    Whom, ever, in politics and media wudda thunk it handy.

    Do they hate-on a Prezident because he is Lord, Master, and Commander of "all under heaven", to use the ancient Chinese term?

    No. Actually they hate because he is clearly NOT!

    Leaving us to take responsibility for our OWN actions. Or lack-of.

    Too scary for some, that.


  13. #3729
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    712
    Likes (Received)
    2410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    Yes....and they are all part of the Trump Administration....3 years into his Administration. Oh...wait...let’s blame Obama. Hell....let’s blame FDR. You guys kill me at the limits you’ll defend this incompetent thieving Administration.
    Most of the Federal Government have been part of every administration going back long before Trump. Fauci was made director of the NIAID in 1984 by Ronald Reagan. Every President since then has offered him the NIH director spot, and he has declined every time. Including this President.

    Do you share Gus's view that the 56K dead in Europe is the fault of those leaders? Or do you blame Trump?

    I don't blame either. I think the ECDC was looking at the same data our CDC was looking at back in January and February, and coming to the same conclusions.

  14. #3730
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    8,834
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2126
    Likes (Received)
    6118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    Yes....and they are all part of the Trump Administration....3 years into his Administration. Oh...wait...letís blame Obama. Hell....letís blame FDR. You guys kill me at the limits youíll defend this incompetent thieving Administration.
    They're just modeling themselves on the djt administration, who will happily kill you and your loved ones through incompetent (and in)actions, your savings (just wait for inflation and the bills for all the borrowing to kick in), and the country (Weee! Being a traitor is fun! Right, Moscow Mitch?) to increase their power and line their pockets. But those last two are one and the same, aren't they?

  15. Likes tim9lives liked this post
  16. #3731
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3711
    Likes (Received)
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    The fallacy with that "no longer infectious" position is that such a person can still acquire the virus on clothing etc. and pass it on to others while being immune themselves. The whole "solution" being pushed of allowing only those with antibodies to resume life is nothing but a blatant advertisement for Bill Gates' proposal of a "digital biomedical passport" based on either actual exposure or vaccination.

    If it is enacted expect massive numbers of "coronavirus parties" where people will seek to be infected, risking lives in the knowledge that survivors could resume leading a more or less normal life.
    I've seen the whole Bill Gates - Big Brother 'thing" blowing up on the interwebs - I've been out of it a bit (obviously) and now I'm like WTF ?

    I'm all for squashing the curve by whatever means YES.

    Am I for Apps that track your physical location ? Definitely NOT*.

    to a certain extent you have to trust your citizens and notions of personal responsibility (maybe that's incredibly naÔve, but the alternatives are very dark indeed.).

    I'm very private as it is (in practical terms) and having the state or private companies follow you about and further data mine the sh*t out of you for zero $ is something I push very hard against. -That's a different discussion of the digital frontier and how we are all being ripped off. ~ I'm very much on the same page as Jaron Lanier on all that.

    I'm just starting to venture out a little bit but even on my own ranchito I wear a bandana , glasses, gloves , wash my hands etc. etc. change clothes often , shower and shave more often than I normally do. So I anticipate I will be doing that for quite some time.

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __


    * Having a "Foreign" accent and having CO number plate already makes me feel awkward enough just conducting basic things within NM. Almost like "Sorry I appear and sound more dangerous than you would probably like" <--- How English or maybe I should move to Canada. (that's before I picked up the 'Trixter Virus".).

  17. #3732
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    netherlands Asten
    Posts
    1,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    714
    Likes (Received)
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    You knew what the answer would likely be. To hear them praise themselves as they all claim to have known what would happen. At least as would happen in the criticism of the Pres. It is fair to conclude such persons would attack the president. I think they are disappointed that Trump has a Thick skin.
    thick skin?
    lol

  18. #3733
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    712
    Likes (Received)
    2410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Thankfully. Useful folks who keep their kool have gone scarce. "Hang in there."

    This ain't a bad thread ... onct yah put all the sensation-seeking professional whiners, wannabe looters, and blame-game addicts on "ignore".

    Mind ... that because there ain't hardly ennybody still VISIBLE.

    I'm good wit' dat'.

    You miss most of the entertainment value.

    I realized something about TDS that I didn't know. It's not just that everything that Trump does must be wrong- that's what I used to think it meant.

    Now I realize that what TDS really means, is that everything that is wrong, is directly attributable to Trump.

  19. Likes Dualkit, Oldwrench liked this post
  20. #3734
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    8,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    555
    Likes (Received)
    5750

    Default

    Or, Trump Defense Syndrome. Man can shoot someone in broad daylight, some don't care? Seems it's TDS and TDS and still TedDiouS here.

    Kind of amazing so many cling to the man's own notions of greatness, knowing more than all the generals, doctors, judges, captains, diplomats, economists, CBO, etc. He doesn't think he's ever made a mistake, ever had something to repent. Defenders apparently mostly agree?

    And, yes, not everything gone wrong is Trump's fault.
    The man can't be everywhere

  21. #3735
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland- USA
    Posts
    4,165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2152
    Likes (Received)
    2570

    Default

    A paper.
    History ignored is repeated or something to that effect..
    A demonstration that a failure to implement effective strategies in a timely fashion was significant for the disease progression.

    Public health interventions and epidemic intensity during the 1918 influenza pandemic | PNAS

  22. #3736
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    4,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    417
    Likes (Received)
    2666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    You miss most of the entertainment value.

    I realized something about TDS that I didn't know. It's not just that every dumbass ignorant thing that Trump does must be correct- that's what I used to think it meant.

    Now I realize that what TDS really means, is that everything that is right, is directly attributable to Trump.
    fixed that for you

  23. Likes Bobw liked this post
  24. #3737
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    4,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    417
    Likes (Received)
    2666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Endeavor to persevere.

    Seriously, what we should do is DEMAND that solutions be found to resume economic activity ASAP. The Massachusetts Governor's shutdown order is to last until May 4, 26 days from now. That's a lifetime for small businesses that are already severely stressed by being forcibly shut down. Most say they do not want more loans which will only add more and possibly fatal debt. What they want is to go back to what they were doing which was to work hard to feed their families and have a better life. Many of them had hoped to keep working and sell the business when they eventually retired. A failed business that operated in a rented space is worth NOTHING and any physical assets might not even cover debts such as overdue rent.

    This government mandated UNEQUAL forced shutdown is the cruelest thing I have ever seen our governments do in over six decades of life. By ordering businesses closed and then creating a laundry list of exceptions they are playing god by deciding who lives and who dies economically. And there is politics in this. Many of the exempted are supporters and contributors and the non-exempt either supported opponents or simply weren't involved.

    It is tragic that a country born out of revolt against a tyrannical ruler that weathered many a crisis over its more than 200 year history would be brought to its knees and conquered without a single shot being fired. Land of the free and home of the brave has been turned into the land of the sniveling enslaved cowards so terrified by media coverage of a virus that they would submit to ANYTHING in order to FEEL saaaaafe.

    In an earlier more manly age the modern tyrants who heartlessly order economy destroying shutdowns would have been faced with massive defiance that would have quickly nullified their un-Constitutional orders. DISGUSTING!

    Oh and I guess myself and a few others owe an apology to the rest of you. WE thought this thread was about dealing with a dangerous virus and we apologize for not realizing it is just a vehicle to spew venom toward Donald John Trump. Shame on us for actually discussing the virus.

    Mea culpa.
    SO you end your panic stricken political diatribe with 'why can't we just discuss the virus?'

    guess you do have a sense of humor after all

  25. #3738
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    4,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    417
    Likes (Received)
    2666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    E

    This government mandated UNEQUAL forced shutdown is the cruelest thing I have ever seen our governments do in over six decades of life. By ordering
    BTW yawn, gov't has the wide ranging power to do such things in an emergency

    Right, so the draft, where they take the sons of the poor and send them to a foreign country is AOK with you, but asking people to voluntarily stay indoors is cruel

  26. Likes tim9lives liked this post
  27. #3739
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    987
    Likes (Received)
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    It's time you shared who your drug dealer is. I could use some of that mindblast-mixture to tune myself out from reality too...
    Your drug dealer is ripping you off. The reason why you can discover if you stop using for a couple of months then the result is likely that you would not be so mad all the time.

    I think he is ripping you off because once you stopped for a while you still would be kind of whacky headed in the absence of your regular supplier.

    You buy the product yet it does no good. Mmm Looked under the bed to see if DJT is hiding there? How about the closet? (I know that several of you think it is a terrible place to hide) ahem

    You are running out of reason now Mr. M.

  28. #3740
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    4,988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2818
    Likes (Received)
    2445

    Default

    OK, Got the Whitehouse coronavirus update going on in another window.

    Bloody hell. I hadn't realised what a problem you guys had. Reagan was more coherent even with Alzheimer's syndrome and Gorbachev made more sense when completely rat-arsed.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •