Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    For all you do nothing fans still citing “hysteria”.

Wow- just wow:

High Contagiousness and Rapid Spread of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2
    Early Release - High Contagiousness and Rapid Spread of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 - Volume 26, Number 7—July 2020 - Emerging Infectious Diseases journal - CDC
    That supports what Birx has been saying all along.

The early numbers from China described a much less contagious virus. The CDC (and the ECDC, no doubt) thought they had something very similar to the 2003 SARS.

Initial estimates of the early dynamics of the outbreak in Wuhan, China, suggested a doubling time of the number of infected persons of 6–7 days and a basic reproductive number (R0) of 2.2–2.7.

Results show that the doubling time early in the epidemic in Wuhan was 2.3–3.3 days. Assuming a serial interval of 6–9 days, we calculated a median R0 value of 5.7 (95% CI 3.8–8.9).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Well, that's pure bullshit, but it would do no good to explain what is really happening there, so...
    It would help if people actually read the article, not just the title. Quote from article "A spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services tells NPR, "Many of the Community-Based Testing Sites (CBTS) are not closing, but rather transitioning to state-managed sites on or about April 10."

The agency and a spokesperson for FEMA say the CBTS program originally included 41 sites. It was intended as a stop-gap to bring testing to critical locations, especially for health care facility workers and first responders.

"The transition will ensure each state has the flexibility and autonomy to manage and operate testing sites within the needs of their specific community and to prioritize resources where they are needed the most," the HHS spokesperson said.

Article here Federal Support Ends For Coronavirus Testing Sites As Pandemic Peak Nears : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR

Texas Gov announced that there will be more testing sites opening soon, the state is partnering with Walgreens and it will be the 15 minute test. Not sure if this will be an anyone gets tested free of charge (as promised by DJT), or if its just for those with insurance or cash, I suspect it will be the latter.

3. Likes jancollc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    I thought up in my head it must be true

but then again, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you
    It is not the voices I hear in my head that trouble me, It's the voices I hear in your head that are the worry.

5. Likes steve45 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    CNN is American media. Their headquarters is in Atlanta, Georgia. It was founded by Ted Turner in 1979. The same Ted Turner donated One Billion dollars* to the UN in 1997. He is an ardent globalist and advocate for world government and population control. He once said “A total world population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.

Official Address:
    1 CNN Center
    Atlanta, GA 30348 USA
    Corporate Phone Number: 1-404-827-1700
    Fax: 404-827-1099
    Support: 1-404-827-2600

* CNN - Ted Turner donates $1 billion to 'U.N. causes' - September 18, 1997
    SO, like the majority of people on the planet[and like 88 percent of Americans], Ol Ted supports the UN

hmm very suspicious
    HEre is a screen shot of CNN from today, please find me something 'fake'

I am sure, hell , I hope there are things you disagree with, but the ignorant sneering at CNN is a farce

cnn.jpg

I know, yah caint read it, should a taken a smaller screenshot

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    It is not the voices I hear in my head that trouble me, It's the voices I hear in your head that are the worry.
    How dare you listen inside my head!!!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With all that "testing" you would think the infection and mortality numbers would be lower.
    Perhaps there are other aspects to consider.
    Are "mainland" China's stats under-reported? No question. Count on it.
    The only question is "by how MUCH?"

Hong Kong, OTOH? Probably NOT understated by much, if at all. Too rowdy a system, too many the voracious sensationalists, suicidal blame-gamers, and their social disease networks to get away with that, if even they tried to do.

HKG is roughly half the population of "Greater" (who told THAT lie?) New York & surrounding NJ & New Inkland, but even so - far the more densely packed, living and working environment, public transport especially, for its modest land area..

Stale article by this fast-moving late date, but instructive, nonetheless:

Hong Kong's lesson: Defeating Covid-19 demands persistence - STAT

Soo... even wary HKG folks had to be told more than once. The SARS hit a few years back was not on the radar of the young. Fools even in their legislature were off to large gatherings at bars and proud of their stupidity.

Where have we seen THAT before?

And yet?

Cases overview
    Worldwide Confirmed
    Recovered
    Deaths

Hong Kong
    Confirmed
    Recovered
    Deaths

Updated less than 20 mins ago·Source:Wikipedia.
    Mind. It's only Wiki. They are seldom entirely wrong, but never exactly correct, either, but still...

"do your own due diligence".

What if "4" deaths is really 400? Or 4,000?

STILL a stark contrast to NYC "plus-plus", is it not?

What do they know out that way? Yah have to take this s**t SERIOUSLY!

"Overcautious" has few downsides. "Careless" is deadly.

Just how complicated WAS that, after all? Not very.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And all "flattening the curve" does is make it last longer. The area under the curve is still the same - same total number of infected, just spread out over time.
    The rational for curve flattening so as not to overload the health system makes a lot of sense.

Until you consider there are no Medical treatments that are effective. Bed rest and drink fluids?
    80% failure on assisted breathing....

Give the advanced patients a bottle of O2 with a reg and a nasal cannula and send 'em home.
    I wish there were better treatments, but so far, "The strong survive".

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

China's stats under-reported? Not question. The only question is "by how MUCH?"
    Perhaps some deaths by incinerator might be added to corona deaths..

and the ones called hot flash might be added

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    Whaddaya recommed from 'Murican media? FOX "news" and Puffington Host?

Instead of television news I only read British quality newspapers like Daily Post and The Sun.

Here in the US, here's our most recently officially recommended news source. No, not that Brit Oliver dude - OANN. Some of those talking points repeated here (I'd rather be dead of coronavirus than lose my freedom to congregate . . . ). Kind of hilarious in a dystopian way:

YouTube

Country
    FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    The massive ignorance in assuming something from a major news outlet is false is mind boggling

conspiracy theories are not truth
    I was there at St Pauls to personally witness the ask 'David Buick' a question time. A couple of LSE students all with coherent augments towards the monetary system and situation of time, a few very emotional folks shouting their protests also. By the time 'ITV This Morning Show' was done editing it was all 'emotional folks', making the group out to be muppets. MSM failed that day and and it opened my eyes some.
    You might want to consider the possibility of your own ignorance as you defend that entrenched position. Theres only opinion from any source, the rest iyor and quality, labels are for the programmed, truth and fact are not as clean cut as some like to believe.

And theres Hale and Pace in Spain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And all "flattening the curve" does is make it last longer. The area under the curve is still the same - same total number of infected, just spread out over time.

Yikes, Scott. First you're telling us that chloroquine will cure us all. Next, it's the same number of us are going to suffer regardless of what we do?

If any one of the 100+ things we're developing, trying, and testing works out, we will have lower mortality. Lower cases as well, if we slow this down and get a vaccine.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wish there were better treatments, but so far, "The strong survive".
    Too true. But our first hominid ancesters of two million years ago were not REALLY built off purloined spareribs under an apple tree around the time Sumer's busy markets were already selling hide glue in clay pots.

Ancestors have ancestors. THEIR ancestors - clear back to single-cell organisms - had to survive as well.

"Immunology" and vaccines are how old, again?

COVID-19 seems to have a better than 80% survival rate.

Surely we have survived WORSE, already.

So - worst case - there is a sort of "floor" under our potential losses before "herd immunity" minimizes it and disperses the effects.

Hopefuly we can do better. MUCH better. But there you have it.

Brute-simple viri? Meet the deadliest, most complex, and most competent, immune SYSTEM on-planet, over 3 billion years at it's trade .... and counting.

Lybarger's Corollary to Sod's Law applies:

"All else being equal? YOU LOSE!"

16. Likes CalG liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    ...Texas Gov announced that there will be more testing sites opening soon, the state is partnering with Walgreens and it will be the 15 minute test. Not sure if this will be an anyone gets tested free of charge (as promised by DJT), or if its just for those with insurance or cash, I suspect it will be the latter.
    We continue to ramp up, 150K/day atm, but testing will always be prioritized. The antibody tests will be many millions- that's the true surveillance test. Until then, you can only guess how many people really got it. The antibody identifies the asymptomatics, and you have to know that number to understand the virus.

There will be no costs associated with COVID to anyone in the US. No testing costs, no co-pays, no deductibles, no prescriptions, no treatment costs. Including the uninsured. That's already in place, funded in the stimulus. I've received the email from my insurer already. They also assigned a doctor close to me to contact if I have any symptoms. If I have to call her, she'll already have me in her computer system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    I was there at St Pauls to personally witness the ask 'David Buick' a question time. A couple of LSE students all with coherent augments towards the monetary system and situation of time, a few very emotional folks shouting their protests also. By the time 'ITV This Morning Show' was done editing it was all 'emotional folks', making the group out to be muppets. MSM failed that day and and it opened my eyes some.
    You might want to consider the possibility of your own ignorance as you defend that entrenched position. Theres only opinion from any source, the rest iyor and quality, labels are for the programmed, truth and fact are not as clean cut as some like to believe.

And theres Hale and Pace in Spain.
    why would I care if people are shouting or asking intelligent questions, that is not news.

Everything and everyonehas a bias.

Fox has proven itself a joke the last 10+ years. Witness their about face on Covid coverage.

They were the go to website on 9/11, fast more accurate.

Try this, watch the NEWS on FOX and CNN, using the last channel button on your remote.

Same same, used to even be the same ticker across the bottom

When you say a news organization is 'fake' that is a very high bar, and I have yet to see anyone prove anything like that.

Bias, everything is biased

I have read the Boston globe for 40 years, if you cannot learn to filter, you are short too many brain cells to be worth conversing with

An outlet having bias does not make Alex Jones a reliable source

By all means use multiple sources, alternative sources, but keep your BS filter on high

I have yet to see anyone who talks about 'MSM' or fake news have the least bit of a point

If you wish to read editorial content you agree with , there any number of places to get that, but you are guilty of exactly what you accuse others of, being told what to think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    promoting ideals of democracy and liberty?
    there are numerous parts of the world that would gladly do without the kind of "democracy" and liberty that the usa has spread over them.
    spreading of democracy and liberty are just other words for neo colonialism.
    Again, you insist on this being entirely American, and want to ignore the origins and history, which in many countries extends to the late 20th century and into this one.

Not much I can do with blindness, either from Right or Left...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    There will be no costs associated with COVID to anyone in the US. No testing costs, no co-pays, no deductibles, no prescriptions, no treatment costs. Including the uninsured. That's already in place, funded in the stimulus. I've received the email from my insurer already.
    There are OUTRAGEOUSLY high costs. "Stimulus" is nought but left-pocket robbing right-pocket with the asshole in between taking a commission on need of a loan off our Great-grandchildren.

Make NO mistake about that, lest you be mistook for a feather-headed looter-lie-bore-all who tries to give-away "free" pie from the great bakery in the sky of OTHER PEOPLE'S money.

WE ARE those "other people". All of us.

"Rich" to a looter-lie-bore-all simply means: "Anyone else but ME!" when they set out to con, tax, rape, pillage, and destroy an economy.

All we wiser Chik'ns are REALLY doing is making an ATTEMPT to share the costs as equably as we choose to lie to ourselves about.

Imperfect, that process will be.

But not TERRIBLY so. Plenty of swings and roundabouts.

So we'll just deal with that as best we can.

"As usual".

COVID-19 may be "novel". Pesky humans? Not so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    If only we'd listened, we could have avoided the disaster of November 8th, 2016...

Oh, you mean the other virus risk.

22. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    By the time 'ITV This Morning Show' was done editing it was all 'emotional folks', making the group out to be muppets. MSM failed that day and and it opened my eyes some.
    Selling themselves9media_n.jpg

24. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    Whaddaya recommed from 'Murican media? FOX "news" and Puffington Host?

Instead of television news I only read British quality newspapers like Daily Post and The Sun.
    Just page 3 for the Sun?