Corona virus affecting your business ? Over reaction? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 216 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post
    I'm in complete agreement. The TV said so, so we know this is true.
    And the voices in your head disagree, so it would seem

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    almost exactly what they said in Italy, some two weeks ago.....
    We will know in time how this plays out.
    It seems smart to watch what has happened in other countries carefully:

f912f6e4-dd10-4be6-bc65-acdcdb48408d.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy2 View Post
    COVID-19 is not 30 times more deadly than the flu.
    Small correction - it is, if you don't take any precautions. If you let it get started to the point it overhelms hospitals, then by the numbers yes, it's about 30 times as fatal as the flu. Using Italy's current numbers, 50 to 60 times as deadly as flu.

Agreed, it doesn't have to be, but it can be, depending on how it's handled.

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    China did a piss-poor job managing the coronvirus outbreak,
    I am going to set that statement aside so we can revisit it in three months

4. Likes TeachMePlease, triumph406, DavidR8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How it the race going EG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

15% among the elderly and close to zilch among young ones, kind of averages out to 3% I guess.
    Things might be getting better soon. The related viruses SARS and MERS had a fair amount of research done on them and will contribute to a faster response to Covid19: Coronavirus’ Weak Spot Possibly Identified | Machine Design

Anyone heard about REAL transmission from surfaces? If this thing is only transmitted airborne all this surface treatment with harsh chemicals is contributing to the spread by irritating everyone's respiratory system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

“The World is yours!” – Tony Montana

scarface.jpg

8. Likes RJT, mountie liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I hope it will be fine. I think toilet paper is important.
    I guess some can get by without it.

I am glad I live in the United States.

Oh say can you see by the dawns early light.;;

Blessed for sure

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    How it the race going EG?
    Spain and France are still duking it out, pass and repass. Quite a show there. Right now Spain has a good lead, at least a length, but France has come back before. Iran seems to be losing steam, but Italy is putting on a real show, running away from the pack. Farther back, Germany's not doing much and South Korea has totally fallen off the pace, but the US is starting to get its legs.

Too early to tell but Italy looks like a medal winner for sure, with several others in the hunt that may surprise us.

Tune in tomorrow for further updates

I gotta tell ya, it's nice to be on the down side of this one. I went out and had a hamburger today at a street stall

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    15% among the elderly and close to zilch among young ones, kind of averages out to 3% I guess.
    Things might be getting better soon. The related viruses SARS and MERS had a fair amount of research done on them and will contribute to a faster response to Covid19: Coronavirus’ Weak Spot Possibly Identified | Machine Design

Anyone heard about REAL transmission from surfaces? If this thing is only transmitted airborne all this surface treatment with harsh chemicals is contributing to the spread by irritating everyone's respiratory system.
    I don't know how you would even check for that? When / if someone gets it, they have most likely touched hundreds or thousands of things. The cdc website says it is possible to transmit by touch, but mostly from touching a contaminated surface than touching your face.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    Evidently I've not kept up with the facts and projections. If these are facts, I understand the situation better. I just hope this isn't being driven by unsubstantiated exaggeration. I wonder if this would be getting as much attention in the press and causing this much disruption if there were some other major news story to report on ?
    The reporting serves multiple agendas. More funding for government agencies and more taxpayer dollars to the pharmaceutical industry. More government control over people's lives and even interference in the election process. Many campaign rallies have been cancelled, which primarily benefits the one guy who doesn't exhibit well in public and some are even talking about restricting voting or even eliminating it altogether.

Many physicians have tried to tell the rest of the story but the news casters keep talking over them. I am absolutely certain that if we had accurate and detailed patient data on all victims who have died of this illness there would be far less hysteria and panic. The phrase "underlying health conditions" is critical to understanding why for most people this will be no worse than colds or flu. The disease has been circulating in our country since at least late 2019 and without all this testing (which raises issues of accuracy) most "victims" would have assumed they just had a normal case of cold or flu. Most of us have already likely experienced infection by some of the other coronaviruses, which are extremely common.

Common Human Coronaviruses | CDC

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post
    The media has a solid track-record of telling the truth. They have no reason to generate fear. We all need to come together, stop thinking, and do what the authorities and experts say. It's not for any of us to question the facts. If we're lucky, we can give up a few more freedoms and this unfolding disaster won't kill us all.
    aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha, well done

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Have to admit that hoarding toilet paper seems pretty stupid to me, too ....
    But the alternative is pretty crappy.

15. Likes Joe Miranda, janvanruth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    And the voices in your head disagree, so it would seem
    Dude, what's with the friendly fire? Why the ad hominem attack when I'm agreeing with you? Let's stick to the facts from peer-reviewed articles and official sources. I challenge you to find one incident when the media has ever lied, especially about something important.

17. Likes Joe Miranda liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The TP sales did get one of our customers to finally engage us to start up a TP line upgrade that we shipped back in August of last year. This will increase the baseline supply of TP to stores by about 600 rolls (of 2-ply embossed premium brand tissue) per minute of operation by about Saturday of this week.

We were initially bummed that they delayed the start up, but now we are doing our part to cushion the runs on TP that have wiped out supplies for the number 2 producer in the industry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Motion guru, I enjoy all your posts, but the special pun effort in this last one was priceless.

Enjoy the go...

L7

20. Likes motion guru liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

on a more serious note - the elder care facilities in the greater Seattle area are getting hammered - my mom has dementia and is in a memory care facility in Issaquah - so far when Covid19 visits a nursing home, it has been a death sentence for those who get infected.

Coronavirus Cases in at Least 10 Washington Nursing Homes

22. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Feed the panic, man. Feed the panic.

I think it's a lot of psychology in it. If everyone panics, it WILL bring the global economy down. If everyone stays rational and sane, however, I think it will be controlled and eventually fade in the rearview mirror just like the swine flu and SARS.

24. Likes Scottl, Joe Miranda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    I don't know how you would even check for that? When / if someone gets it, they have most likely touched hundreds or thousands of things. The cdc website says it is possible to transmit by touch, but mostly from touching a contaminated surface than touching your face.
    Would be nice to know for sure. I think the guidelines are recycled from flu instructions and no research on Covid19 has been done. You see the guys spraying disinfectant in the hazmat suits in all the news reports, the hazmat suits are probably for protection from the material being sprayed. It really would be sad to find out the effort helped spread the disease instead of slowing it.

On TP reports showed there was a run on it in China as well as shortages, I guess that behavior is contagious also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

27. Likes Joe Miranda, pressbrake1 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    Feed the panic, man. Feed the panic.

I think it's a lot of psychology in it. If everyone panics, it WILL bring the global economy down. If everyone stays rational and sane, however, I think it will be controlled and eventually fade in the rearview mirror just like the swine flu and SARS.
    COVID-19 is an order of magnitude worse than SARS, and counting. On track to pass H1N1 in deaths as well.