Corona virus affecting your business ? Over reaction? - Page 201
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 201 of 216 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think it was in here that someone said Gavin Newsome was the clown that gets everything coming out of California to say it causes cancer. I just got a freaking knurl with a cancer warning on it. It also has a grinding dust warning and it is a form knurl. WTF!

2. Likes CalG liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    I think it was in here that someone said Gavin Newsome was the clown that gets everything coming out of California to say it causes cancer.
    In that case, someone in here was wrong, as usual. The cancer-warning schtick was common even back when Gavin was boinking his campaign manager's wife, a long time ago.

4. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    What a bunch of nonsense. Could someone please explain how a Russian got someone to vote for Trump that normally would have voted for the wicked witch and her flying monkeys? Please make it an explanation that anyone with a brain won't laugh at.

If a pretty 10 year old Russian school girl with a tear on her cheek had been shown on national TV saying Trump looks scary to me that would have made the win for H.C.

With withholding such a little girl Trump won..so the fact that the Russian did not show or make up that little girl is the colllution..don't tell this or the impeacement will start all over again.

Country
    FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    Quote from article "A spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services tells NPR, "Many of the Community-Based Testing Sites (CBTS) are not closing, but rather transitioning to state-managed sites on or about April 10."
    Exactly. 37 miles away and possibly opening in two weeks, like the drive-through testing at Walmart and Costco parking lots.

I am not a total government-despiser but their performance has been worse than shitty this time. Even if it were not, first open new convenient test centers then close down the existing ones.

Gentlemen, this is the middle of an epidemic. It's not the time to be screwing around playing at bureaucracy.

Along those lines ... read it and weep

Coronavirus Tests Going Unused in U.S. Labs - Scientific American

Checking the certification on the deck chairs on the Titanic ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Relevant to CARES Act, some companies should receive nothing

We already have the likelihood that small business will receive relatively little from the CARES Act, but some big companies are in line for big payouts.

Here's a group that should receive nothing - the cruise industry. With most (or all) of the lines registered outside the USA, and paying little (if any) taxes here, there should not be a dime of American taxpayer funds going to them.

One other lovely aspect of the CI is that their corporate structures make it very difficult for individuals, and even governments, to sue them for damages. Check out this story that originates in Australia: Ruby Princess: battle begins to hold someone accountable for cruise ship coronavirus debacle | Business | The Guardian

Carnival is registered in Panama. They should go ask Panama for relief...

Some more for emphasis: 5 Dirty Secrets From The Cruise Industry

9. Likes michiganbuck, gustafson liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rons View Post
    [off ignore list]

A few days ago you called me an idiot.

I just wanted to check if you are having a good time?

You idiotic fucking gutter worm.

[on ignore list]
    Must have hit a nerve.

Wow.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    Must have hit a nerve.

Wow.
    No foul. It was but lying idle.

"rons" hasn't been detected actually USING his nervous system for anything particularly useful in living memory.

12. Likes Thunderjet liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    We already have the likelihood that small business will receive relatively little from the CARES Act, but some big companies are in line for big payouts.

Here's a group that should receive nothing - the cruise industry. With most (or all) of the lines registered outside the USA, and paying little (if any) taxes here, there should not be a dime of American taxpayer funds going to them.

One other lovely aspect of the CI is that their corporate structures make it very difficult for individuals, and even governments, to sue them for damages. Check out this story that originates in Australia: Ruby Princess: battle begins to hold someone accountable for cruise ship coronavirus debacle | Business | The Guardian

Carnival is registered in Panama. They should go ask Panama for relief...

Some more for emphasis: 5 Dirty Secrets From The Cruise Industry
    If you have applied for the thing, you will notice, that you never get approved for the max benefit. I talked to several people, the banks control the amounts and the usual loan amounts are less than half of what the online calculators would indicate.

dee
    ;-D

14. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    THERMITE

All DJT has done differently from the "average" of all those others? Is embrace "TDS" as a weapon to let his detractors tie themselves in useless knots of helpless rage.

Really Thermite ???

Let me remind you of some other thing Trump did. He disparaged all of our Intelligence Experts....Insisting that they were wrong about Russian Interference with our Elections.

Then he went even further, and said he believed Putinís word....Trusting Putin over Americaís Patriots words about Russian Interference in our elections. Yes, Trump is an expert at distraction and chaos. Thatís his MO.

But make no mistake. Donald Trump admires dictators and despots. Letís not forget, Putinís main goal is to rebuild the USSR. His first priority is the Ukraine. Putin wants Ukraine back and he already seized Crimea. And Trump tried to hold up the needed military aid which was unanimously approved by Congress. It was only after he got caught that he released that aid.

Trump acts like he is Putinís bitch. If it walks like a duck...talks like a duck...it a damned duck.

Putinís methods are very clever. He isnít fighting the Cold War with nuclear weapons. Heís letting Iran and North Korea play the nuclear game.

And Putin most likely has been assisting North Korea play that nuclear game by lending expertise to Iran and North Korea in building those weapons. After World War II, Americaís policies and work building strategic Alliances with Western Europe are being corroded by Trumpís cancerous actions.

Putin is closely tied to the Russian Mafia also. And itís obvious that DJT is also closely tied to the Russian mafia. Ex KGB officers have close ties to the Russian mafia also....and they all report back Putin. Those Trump/mafia ties go back decades. Trump bragged about that 10 years ago. You can watch those videos and listen to Trumpís words about that.

By the way....disinformation and blackmail are both KGB 101 mythology. And thatís why Putin infiltrated Facebook, Twitter and all other social media. DJT embraced those platforms during 2016 campaigns. And Russian Bots were working overtime to both assist Trump and divide America on social media....flooding the Black Lives Matter and Me Too Movements.

There is a war going on right now.Its like the Cold War in that the other side wants to tear down Western Democracies. And DJT appears to be fueling that war....doing everything to help the other side in my opinion. So forget about DJTís white noise he puts out there. The white noise mythology is Trumpís genius...but it isnít worth paying attention to. And thereís nothing stable about that genius. What one must pay attention to.....is the results of his actions.

So...to sum it up Thermite. The things one must pay attention to with DJT are.... interfering with Democracy in the Ukraine, alienation of Americaís Western Allies, handing Syria back to Assad/Putin.....and of course, his admiration of dictators. Trump is a dangerous leader.
    I lost you after your quote of Thermite.

Wow if you still believe all of that after discussions here then that is ok.

I mean wow.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Putin would not be above knocking someone off (having it done)..and that is normal in the KGB and the like..very likely normal in China and North Korea.. I know in Cuba a few years back, perhaps still...

I don't trump has intention or even the balls to do that, knock someone off. With all the watch dogs after trump's hide, he could not get away with that. I don't blame trump for ridding guys/gals who don't like him or won't do their job.

My barber, a hard nose Russian says we /most Americans are a bunch of pusseys. He is right...me included

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Ugh - I have no love for Right Religious groups, but calling them "child killers" without actual proof doesn't fly. And that's doesn't include the other side's propaganda.
    It's literally true. Several years ago the overall feeling in China for falun gong was sympathetic. Most people did not belong to their crackpot political sect but felt sympathetic towards them.

Then they staged an event in Tiananmen where they were going to light themselves off like Buddhist monks. That would have been okay but what they did was light their children on fire instead.

Seriously.

That was it for their popular support. Chinese people overall are not big on baby-killers.

You have this fixation that takes away a lot of your credibility. I'll take a free press anytime, even if it means putting up with the Alex Jones and OAN ass-hats. Controlled or vanquished press is always the goal of despots and dictators, and never something I'd agree with.
    I do have a fixation because they are all such liars. If you can find me an unbiased, honest paper I'll subscribe. Even one that is generally straightforward. Currently, every one makes the Enquirer look like a bastion of factual reporting.

But I wasn't proposing we burn down the media (although I'd kinda like to.) I was just tossing up an idea to consider. It is possible that much of the shit the US is enduring now is a product of the "free" (but totally irresponsible, venal, lying, pandering) press.

Dunno. But what is out there is not working very well. Michael Powell should be hanged in effigy, if not reality.

Is there some reason we can't just re-enact the laws and regulations that made the US a pretty good place in, say, 1980 ? Glass-Steagall, equal time, regulations on banking and media outlets, that stuff ? It worked good before, why did we throw it out ? And why not bring it back ?

18. Likes Trueturning, tim9lives liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    No foul. It was but lying idle.

"rons" hasn't been detected actually USING his nervous system for anything particularly useful in living memory.
    That's a little harsh maybe?

I'm enjoying the freedom to vent here....it's refreshing.

Kind of like a hockey fight without the helmets or the refs.

God, I miss hockey.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mass suicide/murder ..nut case and very dumb followers..Jonestown.
    Jonestown Massacre & Jim Jones: The Biggest Mass Suicide in Modern History | Bizarrepedia

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Mass suicide/murder ..nut case and very dumb followers..Jonestown.
    Jonestown Massacre & Jim Jones: The Biggest Mass Suicide in Modern History | Bizarrepedia
    Biggest ^^^ single event ^^^ mass suicide?

Well.. no, actually. Not even close. See "Suicide Cliff", and "Banzai Cliff", both on Saipan.

And even then?

Only until "TDS" was invented to drive common sense to suicidal voluntary extinction.

QED

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=michiganbuck;3526558]Putin would not be above knocking someone off

Like that guy with the polonium? Or all those people with the novichuk? Oh wait, maybe the folks with the
    ricin pellet on the tip of the umbrella? Nope you probably meant the guy who got thrown out the widow!

Trump got ellected because putin spent a lot of money in a few key states on facebook bots to supress votes.
    Putin's no dummy, he knew exactly how to manipulate the US electoral college machine to get a win there
    in spite of Clinton winning the popular vote.

Also bernie was a turd, that didn't help either.

23. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

re- free press.

heres a half baked idea.

just because some nut job has a random thought fire between their ears they dont get to present it as a "HUGE EXCLUSIVE" to anyone but themselves.
    write a diary or something.

really, its an OPINION(sometimes outright propapanda)it hardly rises to the level of a HUGE EXCLUSIVE.
    call it as such....no foul.
    call it a HUGE EXCLUSIVE and face repercussions if you cant back it up...maybe in the form of a fine....nothing extravagant...just enough to make it not worth it....im convinced half these guys are jerks in their moms basement.
    take away their Cheeto money.

half baked, as i admitted....but you get the jist.

at least the NYT calls their opinion pieces..,OPINION.
    Last edited by iwananew10K; 04-10-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dazz View Post
    ...Do the millions of unemployed and uninsured US Citizens have free and easy access to covid 19 testing???

Dazz
    What is your definition of "free and easy"? Do you mean free testing on demand for anyone, no clinical diagnosis required?
    That's a strawman. No one is doing that, and it would divert resources from people who really need tested.

Anyone who has a clinical referrral in the US will be tested, free of charge. Uninsured people included. There are community health centers all over the country for uninsured people, as well as emergency and urgent care networks. Any provider who takes medicare or medicaid patients will be reimbursed for any care by the Federal Gov't at medicare rates. They are prohibited from billing the patient. $100 Bn has already been allocated for this.

Her are your own country's testing guidelines:
    Priority groups for investigation and testing

Suspect cases, where they or one or more of their household/bubble, meet one or more of the following criteria should be tested:

•close contacts of probable or confirmed cases
    •people meeting the clinical criteria who have travelled overseas in the last 14 days, or have had contact, in the last 14 days, with someone else who has recently travelled overseas
    •hospital inpatients who meet the clinical criteria•health care workers meeting the clinical criteria
    •other essential workers meeting the clinical criteria
    •people meeting the clinical criteria who reside in (or are being admitted into) a vulnerable communal environment including aged residential care
    •people meeting the clinical criteria who reside in large extended families in confined household/ living conditionssuch as Māori and Pacific communities/families
    •people meeting the clinical criteria who may expose a large number of contacts to infection (including barracks, hostels, halls of residence, shelters etc)In addition, testing may be required
    •on advice from the local Medical Officer of Health, when an outbreak or cluster is suspected, or being investigated As local testing capacity allows:
    •consider suspect cases presenting with new or worsening cough.

Testing of individuals who are asymptomatic is NOT recommended unless requested by the local Medical Officer of Health.
    https://www.health.govt.nz/system/fi...ion-8apr20.pdf
    In Europe:
    Testing guidelines

Many European countries are reserve testing for people with severe symptoms, healthcare workers and vulnerable populations.

France only tests people with symptoms among vulnerable populations and health workers, the public health department said. They also test people who work in retirement homes or with those vulnerable to the illness if they have symptoms.

A doctor can make a clinical diagnosis for those who cannot access a test, public health authorities said, but those numbers are not part of the confirmed cases statistics released by the government.

Those confirmed clinically are told to self-isolate regardless.

Spain tests people with acute respiratory infection who are hospitalised and people with any respiratory infection in healthcare professions or other essential services.

Others vulnerable to the illness may be tested with respiratory symptoms regardless of severity, Spain’s health ministry said.

In Germany, there are drive-in coronavirus testing stations. If your doctor says you need the test you can drive there, get the swab and talk to the staff through your car window, like in South Korea.

Testing is not recommended for asymptomatic individuals in Germany, the Robert-Koch-Institute said. People who have symptoms and have been in contact with a confirmed case or who have symptoms and have travelled to a risk area or affected area of Germany are tested.

Patients who have viral pneumonia without another diagnosis are also tested for coronavirus, the institute said.

People with mild symptoms who travelled can be tested in Finland but asymptomatic people are not tested.

Coronavirus: Are undetected cases helping rapid spread of COVID-19 in Europe? | Euronews
    The US is testing about one million per week. At this rate, it would take 6 years to test everybody once. We are still accelerating testing, but you can never get to 100% tested within the timeframe of the outbreak.

IIRC Germany tests about 300K/week. That would take them about 3.6 years to test everyone once.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    Ok...but it would take me a lot of time to go into the details. Check out the Wired article. Theyíll do a good job of explaining to you what you seem to believe is nonsense. It ainít nonsense. It happened.

How Russian Facebook Ads Divided and Targeted US Voters Before the 2016 Election
    New research shows just how prevalent political advertising was from suspicious groups in 2016óincluding Russian trolls.

How Russian Facebook Ads Divided and Targeted US Voters Before the 2016 Election | WIRED

So what you are saying is.....

American voters are easily fooled.

Well, what's new? The actors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    So what you are saying is.....

American voters are easily fooled.

Well, what's new? The actors?
    Right, absurdist theater on every front is where you arrive when generations have been trained to trust their screens instead of their first-hand observations.