Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    The genie thinks for a few moments and says “Do you want a three or four lane highway?”[/I]
    Bugger delivered, too, yah?

YouTube

2. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So far, I think our "worst in the world" health care system is holding up quite well. We are (projected) 2 days from the peak. Hospitalizations and fatalities are plateaued, or are on the decline. (real data)

We have not run out of hospital beds, there are over 8,000 ventilators still sitting in the SNS, unneeded. Of the 8 or 9 emergency field hospitals built in NYC, only 2 of them have patients and they are not anywhere near filled. Same with USNS Comfort and Mercy. They have so few patients, the doctors and nurses from the ships are going out to the local hospitals and relieving regular staff.

As it stands now, we account for 29% of CV cases globally, and 17% of fatalities.

Compared to Europe, 44% of cases and 65% of fatalities.

US is projected to have 60,000 deaths.
    Europe is projected to have 151,000 deaths.

That works out to 293 per million for Europe, and 183 per million for the US. Over 50% higher mortality rate.

The UK alone, 1/5 of our population, is projected to have 66,000 deaths- 10% more than the US.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

BOHICA! (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again!)

This morning on the local news they had a story about a young woman who supposedly had coronavirus symptoms 25 days ago yet tested negative even after several tries days apart. Now, after she has been symptom free for some time she has a POSITIVE test result.

In the story they explained that improper swabbing of the subject could result in a false negative but also suggested that a person may continue to "shed virus" for quite some time after getting infected, possibly for months.

So just as it looks like this may be winding down and we can slowly begin to return to normal along comes "new information" to scare the public into submitting to months of lock-down.

The virus may not be man-made but the propaganda campaign certainly is. It looks as though the narrative will be continually adjusted to justify further "remedial measures" and a full agenda of progressive/globalist goals that includes ...

Requiring permission from government to work, run a business, assemble in groups, worship with others, and convey ideas, opinions, and information, or even to leave your own residence..

Centralize personal medical information into a government database using an "immunity registry" as a starting point.

Eliminate patient freedom in choosing or refusing treatment.

Changing the way we vote to methods that are less verifiable.

Outlaw cash, and convert to a cashless society.

Introduce a prototype form of UBI (Universal Basic Income) in the form of "stimulus checks".

Centralize the economy by eliminating small business in favor of large corporations.

Condition the public to accept increasing restrictions and loss of freedom.

Strengthen and empower Organizations such as the UN and World Health Organization to give orders to local leaders.

Fauci (Faux-chi?) has said on several occasions that this may not end until a vaccine is developed and EVERYONE is vaccinated. Others have suggested "we may have to do this again" if the virus resurfaces in the fall. This is a psyop to condition the public to accept changes that normally would be rejected through the political process.

And in the meantime, where in hell has the flu gone?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Rush radio show 760 (WJR) today said that a Chicago testing site is finding 30 to 50% of tested show antibodies for corona virus. This indicates, he said that these people must have had the virus and got over it likely having the effect of a flu.
    That seems good news, likely to hit the major news in a few days?
    That would be great news if it's true. But I reserve- the word is that antibody tests are still a few days out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not worried about pretend army men with arsenals.

They didn't enlist to be trained to fight, they sure as hell aren't going to have the backbone to organize under direst of the USA, nor fight against the armed services that enlist and get trained.

Most private arsenals exist only to inflate the idea of having a larger cock.

I'd be much more afraid of my neighbors on all sides, all veterans of the marine corp, with a kitchen knife and a legitimate threat to their family, than some fat ass in camo, with a black rifle and multiple magazines and a perceived threat of his rights. One has been trained in tactics, survival and teamwork...the other has watched youtube videos.

7. Likes dalmatiangirl61, Milland liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I'm not worried about pretend army men with arsenals.

They didn't enlist to be trained to fight, they sure as hell aren't going to have the backbone to organize under direst of the USA, nor fight against the armed services that enlist and get trained.

Most private arsenals exist only to inflate the idea of having a larger cock.

I'd be much more afraid of my neighbors on all sides, all veterans of the marine corp, with a kitchen knife and a legitimate threat to their family, than some fat ass in camo, with a black rifle and multiple magazines and a perceived threat of his rights. One has been trained in tactics, survival and teamwork...the other has watched youtube videos.
    Ummh.. I've called "Brother" War Two Marines to present-day. Trained at Quantico. Trained them at Belvoir as turn-about. Rubbed shoulders in 'nam.

Never knowt a Marine as really NEEDED a knife to do the do to anyone too stupid to steal any further Oxygen than he had already.

F**kin' with a US Marine - even in his 90's - is about as dumb as messing with Texas. "Attitude thing" Semper Fi is.

Much the same, any other component or branch.

Service on active duty has a finite term.

The Oath and committment is forever. Or longer...

9. Likes Thunderjet, Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    That would be great news if it's true. But I reserve- the word is that antibody tests are still a few days out?
    The new cases numbers are related to to the testing numbers..The deaths curve/numbers are much more important IMHO.
    Rush is talking about the many people who had a bad flu like condition since November and December.
    Also he is talking about Hospital beds now open..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The new cases numbers are related to to the testing numbers..The deaths curve/numbers are much more important IMHO.
    I was referring to:

QT: "Rush radio show 760 (WJR) today said that a Chicago testing site is finding 30 to 50% of tested show antibodies for corona virus."

Specifically the antibody tests. This is a different test, conducted for different reasons.

Yes, new cases are proportional to tests. We can't do enough of them to get meaningful data about the true level of infections. Hospitalizations and fatalities are real data, important in that we can identify where in the "cycle" we sit. Declining hospitalizations means declining total infections.

We can't know the true attack rate until we have a good denominator, which is why we need the antibody testing.

If Chicago was seeing 30-50% of the population had antibodies- that would be major. It doesn't sound right to me though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Ummh.. I've called "Brother" War Two Marines to present-day. Trained at Quantico. Trained them at Belvoir as turn-about. Rubbed shoulders in 'nam.

Never knowt a Marine as really NEEDED a knife to do the do to anyone too stupid to steal any further Oxygen than he had already.

F**kin' with a US Marine - even in his 90's - is about as dumb as messing with Texas. "Attitude thing" Semper Fi is.

Much the same, any other component or branch.

Service on active duty has a finite term.

The Oath and committment is forever.
    That's my point.

Some private arsenal "itching for action" just isn't gonna happen. For two reasons...one, they were chicken shits from day one. Two...there are plenty of trained guys out there that will take them the fuck out if they get out of line.

Hell, my neighbor are pretty comfortable and have been more than willing to stay home. I sent over a mason jar of stuff guaranteed to kill the 'rona to one of them. This whole "socially distance yourself" isn't phasing them. They aren't itching for action...They've seen it. And they sure as hell aren't going to go back because they are out of toilet paper.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The recovered number may be wrong if people recovered on there own. IMHO and based on the Rush show.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT;[If Chicago was seeing 30-50% of the population had antibodies- that would be major. It doesn't sound right to me though.]

Could be why Californiarate is getting lower seems they had first out break of bad flu conditions.

Not of the population, of those who were tested..

Yes it could relate to population but they did not say that..

My daughter and grand had a bad flu like condition about 14 days after going to Florida at spring break time.

My 13 year old grand daughter Eliza caught a big shark..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If Chicago was seeing 30-50% of the population had antibodies- that would be major. It doesn't sound right to me though.
    It sounds about right to me as this virus has already been around for months and dense city living tends to spread viruses and bacteria easily. I'd bet a LOT of people in major metropolitan areas already carry antibodies.

What is not being revealed to the American public is whether or not most of those "killed by coronavirus" were low hanging fruit (serious and potentially deadly existing conditions) who might have been killed by any number of diseases if exposed.

16. Likes michiganbuck liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The recovered number may be wrong if people recovered on there own.IMHO and based on the Rush show.
    That's true. We don't know until we know the number of asymptomatics.

An estimate of 30-50% may be correct- I don't know. I'm saying I don't think the tests have been done yet. We're still a few days from rolling them out, AFAIK.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So far, I think our "worst in the world" health care system is holding up quite well.

We have not run out of hospital beds, there are over 8,000 ventilators still sitting in the SNS, unneeded. Of the 8 or 9 emergency field hospitals built in NYC, only 2 of them have patients and they are not anywhere near filled.
    There is a dichotomy apparent here ... these guys are local :

How Many People Have Actually Died From Coronavirus in New York? - The New York Times

and

"For years, every Thursday was burial day on Hart Island, the final resting place off the Bronx for New York City’s unclaimed dead.

But as with many things, coronavirus has changed all that.

Burials are now being done five days a week at Hart Island, with roughly 25 bodies lowered into trenches each day, according to a city official. That is as many burials as would typically be done in a week before the virus hit."

Luckily, NYC has possibly reached the inflection point but the "data" does not look to be all that inclusive. Eight times as many home deaths and five times as many unclaimed bodies would indicate to me that the official figures leave out a subset of mortalities. A fairly large subset ... just bury them without names and don't tally them up and the numbers will be lower, n'est-ce pas ?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

looks like 488,755 USA confirmed and 17,995 deaths about 4% (3.7%)

New York saying Go Party is a big reason for NY high numbers IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT;[If Chicago was seeing 30-50% of the population had antibodies- that would be major. It doesn't sound right to me though.]

Could be why Californiarate is getting lower seems they had first out break of bad flu conditions.

Not of the population, of those who were tested..

Yes it could relate to population but they did not say that..

My daughter and grand had a bad flu like condition about 14 days after going to Florida at spring break time.

My 13 year old grand daughter Eliza caught a big shark..
    Widespread antibody testing hasnt' happened yet, so it's sorta hard to make any conclusions from the data that doesn't exist.

21. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    Kind of like a hockey fight without the helmets or the refs.

God, I miss hockey.
    What's the Irish one, where they just leave the bodies on the field and play around them ? Hurling ?

edit: yeah, that's the one ...

"Players may be tackled but not struck with the stick, except if you use both hands."

23. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    ...What is not being revealed to the American public is whether or not most of those "killed by coronavirus" were low hanging fruit (serious and potentially deadly existing conditions) who might have been killed by any number of diseases if exposed.
    Maybe they are fruit that was hanging a little higher.

IOW, since we accept 35,000 flu deaths, should we just sit back allow 100K or more CV deaths on top of the flu?

Cal posted a preliminary report the other day, it had low CV numbers and I spoke up. He since posted a revision that has more CV, but it's still low due to reporting lag.

I tried to go back and find the first one, but it looked like the revision replaced it. There was something in the first one that isn't in the second one. It's a graph of the P&I curve, with the epidemic level, and shows the CV spike as pneumonia. The reason for this was buried in the fine print, it took time to noodle out. But it was clear that the addition of CV caused a massive spike, way above the epidemic level. Before CV showed up, the P&I numbers were following the expected curves.

The leading cause of death in the US is heart disease. Averages about 1750 deaths per day. Yesterday, CV exceeded that. Influenza never does that.

You shouldn't conflate flu and CV, CV is much more contagious and difficult to treat.

If we're successful, this emergency shutdown will hold CV to the level of just a bad flu season. Pretty extreme measures to be successful doing that, but it's to avoid deaths in the hundreds of thousands or millions.

If the virus has already infected 50% of the population, that would be great. We could all rest a lot easier knowing this first wave was the worst that could happen. But we don't know that. All we know is how many people have lost their lives as the virus spreads around the world.

25. Likes Trboatworks, tim9lives liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT :[from the data that doesn't exist.]

Yes just one testing lab in Chicago.. but now other labs may start posing data on this.

It would be very good news/many having atibodies..along with German test that show it does not live long an surfaces..as we thought.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    So, what you are saying all that happened in the past 5 years did not happen, and everybody is lying? Wow...I mean Wow. Did you read the Muller report, watch the impeachment?. Do you believe Putin over all the intelligence agencies, that it was not Russia? Do you believe that Benghazi was not weaponized by the GOP? McCarthy said it himself that it was. I guess you don't believe your lying eyes and ears unless it is the approved propaganda from Shawn Hannity himself.

Not agreeing with Trump is TDS, but you form your opinion about other political leaders using the same means the people use you cause of TDS. Why do you hate Obama or Clinton (your ODS or CDS)? You never met them, you do not know them, you use the media reports to evaluate their personalities and actions. If I ever met Trump, I may actually find him charming, but I absolutely cannot stomach his statements, actions, and policies.

You exhibit the exact problem the majority of the population has in this country. Total lack of critical thinking, just the crap from the pulpit or your favorite TV celeb. We could argue about the details but the facts are facts.

dee
    ;-D
    Your facts. ?? You do realize 5 seconds and what you tie in is TDS.

I do not use that. Avoid having to change what you write on so called facts. That way people are not confused.

We can agree to disagree.