Close
Login to Your Account
Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213
Results 4,241 to 4,258 of 4258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    That is not a projected, it is not a hockey stick it is a graph of actual deaths

you are apparently bad at math also
    Amazing what happens when you start attributing all causes of death to CV. This hockey stick is just as real as Mann's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Not to worry. Rumour has it Hell is chock-full of "free stuff".

Glad I put most of the fools on THIS ship on ignore a while back.

Looks as if all their negative shouting is getting YOU down now?
    They've been playing you for a reliably-responsive "straight man" in their comedy of a blame-game.

Take a break!

While you still ca........................

Not to worry. the ad hominem attacks are from fear. Worthy of pity .

Observing emotion is worthwhile. Both sides of the eyes.

The past is a foreign country, they think and do things differently there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

with regard to the DJT administrations handling of the CoVid crisis.

seems the Marshall plan is prevailing...1965 style.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why have freedom of religion when you can enforce your Sharia law on everyone?

Who is talking about 'uncontrolled' immigration? And why do you havwe the false impression that immigration costs us money? Are you under the impression that there is a fixed amount of money that is divided among us? Or do you secretely harbor the desire to wash dishes or shingle roofs for a living?

false morality? Look in a mirror

The racist right is as un American as it gets.

The left has a better argument that they support all Americans, not just rich white men
    “ Why have freedom of religion when you can enforce your Sharia law on everyone?”

Why have repression of all religion and try to pass Communism off as normal and preferred?

“Who is talking uncontrolled immigration”?
    It be ones that wish no restrictions, and also Anti Americans who support it as long as it is not their country.

Also evidently most Europeans are against the “limited immigration” they have seen. Limited immigration is a non starter. Why? Because it is very hard to believe it is limited. No evidence against it.

If we are talking about the United States then the fact is we have taken in immigrants repeatedly if you do not believe we have taken the most all I will say is waste someone else’s time.

All the real support you will have are those who wish zero restrictions and reasonable control. The presence of Illegal Immigrants (that is the problem and always has been) is a problem because it does cost money.

I suppose you are still saying outsourcing manufacturing to China is not costing any jobs here.
    You believe what you wish or accept from your employers.

I will not buy your narrative and until you can sell like the Great Orange Baboon you will never convince anyone.

Yep I more than implied it. You and the others who play hysterics and weep like it is doomsday really covet Trump. They do not understand why they can not be like him since you distractors have repeatedly stated how much smarter y’all are. I know that the truth really hurts and I learned that when the Democratic Party changed. I know it hurts you too.

EG no one can believe you think about it with your revved up little brain cell. Why is it? It is because you simply try to trick us.

How? By telling us you needed to focus both of your eyes on science and work.
    EG

We all know that the first good looking Chinese woman that you see who walks by with her AK 74 in hands and in her red mini skirt will have to use a taser and a metal spatula to get your eyeballs off of her.

I personally like the way they march lifting their legs high. Whew. See it does not hurt to admit the truth. Nice start EG.

All former kidding aside you know you will. Lol

There are still plenty who argue in support of Chinese manufacturing replacing American. Mostly sell outs who have profited from that trend. When they degrade their own country then they forget where they came from.

This does not effect your view anymore than it effects mine. If you need to keep up the degradation then do so. We understand.

At least think it over. “Look up look down look all around you are in China town” . Don’t forget to behave for the government because I do not think we can pull off a emergency evacuation of you because you are so deep- you can think about where you are stuffed up in and how far. Let’s not say it.
    Last edited by Trueturning; 04-11-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Street View Post
    Not sure where the mac attack came from...but i like it over windows any day of the week if only they had more programs that ran on it i would never have to buy windows ever again...i hate having to buy windows.

go for linux on a clone pc its really the cheaper option "Mac" and dual boot for things that need to run on windows... then you have stable on side and the c.. the other.
    I keep the Lady Wife supplied with a PowerBook for money management stuff. That way she can get support when I'm on a different continent more readily than when we ran only *BSD Unix.

That said, badly bloated and bastardized with a slow and clumsier GIU as a Mac is, there's still a version of Unix under their OS-X. Not hard to gift it with "some of" the same armour my own OpenBSD boxen come in the door with - then get enhanced.

Near-as-dammit zero adverhooring only the most visible difference.

Linux kernal + GNU distro's, AKA MASSIVE core + anarchy = version-Hell? "BTDTGGTS", no thanks!

Those are far, FAR, FAR too much like WORK to get secured up and kept that way compared to a simpler one-version-only packaged Operating System.

1CW

PS: Any UNIX or LINUX can run any Windows program you want badly enough to be bothered.

If nothing else, we just run it on whatever Version of Windoes it wants in a Virtualizer. Strip each of those WIN-WOES "guests" to a core of 15% to 30% of "OEM"?

The image can even run faster than native WIN on bare Iron and is rock-stable and easiy vermin-recoverable (from spare image copies..) if not also vermin-insulated altogether.

Mind - it still the better deal to use F/LOSS Unix/Linux/cross-platform apps and not have to be bothered with the expense for the Win licenses still needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    QT:

calling people names?...liars?.. in a stand up place one would get a punch in the nose..
    I can't help but recall a certain has been US prez. candidate that called out "You are Lying horse faced pony soldier."

No one laughed but me? I was embarrassed...

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    Probably.

He did get us OUT of Indochina.

I notice that you didn't mention J.F.K. or L.B.J........Interesting that.
    No he did not. He resigned in disgrace rather than be impeached, over a year before the US lost the war in Vietnam, and after doing everything in his power to prolong it.

I would make some excuse for JFK, but none for the how many kids did ya kill today texan. However, the real blame runs all the way back to Truman. The man was a fuckup (but at least he fired MacArthur.)

Hey, While we're at it lets debate the reasons we stayed out of WW1 for the next eighteen pages......Yea?
    Why would we even consider getting into WW I ? That was a totally stupid thing to do.

Seem to be just as relevant.
    Relevance went away here ages ago It became a "my president right or wrong" vs "the man is a disgrace" thread pages ago.

Look at the results though, it's pretty obvious he's incompetent.

You might appreciate this at least ... some of us can relate :

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    In 1988, using the money he had earned from his speeches, the McGoverns bought, renovated, and began running a 150-room inn in Stratford, Connecticut, with the goal of providing a hotel, restaurant, and public conference facility. It went into bankruptcy in 1990 and closed the following year. In 1992 McGovern's published reflections on the experience appeared in Wall Street Journal and the Nation's Restaurant News. He attributed part of the failure to the early 1990s recession, but also part to the cost of dealing with federal, state, and local regulations that were passed with good intentions but made life difficult for small businesses, and to the cost of dealing with frivolous lawsuits. McGovern wrote, "I ... wish that during the years I was in public office I had had this firsthand experience about the difficulties business people face every day. That knowledge would have made me a better U.S. senator ..."

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    He did get us OUT of Indochina.
    It was part of the deal he made when he visited China.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think I am going to keep posting this to all the liars pushing
    'its the flu'

They will just add and match each lie matched with each deny.

guest Guest

I watched Cuomo's presser yesterday. Afterwards, Q&A session. Guy asks about the golf courses being closed. Wants to know if he can walk the course with golf clubs, if he doesn't hit a ball. WTF?

Cuomo consults briefly with his health dept. person, who explains that yes- the golf course are closed because they don't want people in groups, and the pro-shops would have to be staffed, etc.

So Cuomo goes back to the questioner- tells him, "Hiking is still allowed. So go ahead, but tell them you are not golfing, you are just hiking the course."

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yup, has affected me. Got hours cut and Fridays off now. Kind of nice having all the extra free time, but miss the extra money. Hopefully by the end of the year this all settles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i don't visit unreferenced links

[nothing personal, but you know, email shows up, 'hey check out this funny video' then russian mobsters have your bank info]
    Ahh, that explains a lot. I'm starting to here those voices in my head again........

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is not a projected, it is not a hockey stick it is a graph of actual deaths

you are apparently bad at math also
    SARS-CoV-2 differs from the many other flu virus in it's timing and intensity.
    We are seeing a time of displaced statistics. We might be advised to check the overall numbers in a couple of months.
    (Not saying to do nothing until then, just to check on our sensationalism) Think, nearly 1000 persons per day ARE NOT DYING IN AUTOMOBILE WRECKS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    I totally agree. Draining the swamp by appointing only yes men with no governmental experience. Not a good move when a pandemic hits and we...yes we need government to work.
    Granted, no matter who was in office there would be glitches rolling out such a massive plan to pump money into the public’s hands.

But...make no mistake. So far....everything that Mnuchin and Trump planned by pumping money into people’s hands has been a CLUSTERFUCK !!!
    And....to prove my point I would like to hear a YEA FROM EVERY POSTER ON THIS FORUM OF 4000 posts.... who has received that 1200.00 check deposited into their checking account.
    And give a YEA post if you’ve received even a response from the SBA program to give you a forgivable loan.

Yes....social distancing is working to squash the virus. But tell me about that relief money. If you have 1200.00 in your checking account....I take that as a great sign of efficient government.

But....back to draining that swamp. Most of Trump’s appointees are yes men who pledge loyalty. That’s the only prerequisite. They don’t understand how government works. When rolling out this sort of relief plan, you had better have people at the top of their game. The smartest and brightest in the country who understand banking, FEMA, and other disasters. We don’t have that.
    And I know all of the responses from you Trump supporters will be responses of my above criticisms. But make sure you include either that “yes” .... I got that 1200 or SBA relief.....or a NO.

SAY WHAT YOU WILL ABOUT THE 2008 financial crisis. But, thank God the world had Ben Bernanki. Helicopter Ben spent his life studying the Great Depression. His college thesis was about the Great Depression. And he knew that the reason the Depression lasted over a decade is because the Fed tightened the money supply. Banks pulled back....calling in loans and everyone was loosing their homes and farms and businesses.
    Thank God for Ben Bernanki. Mnuchin ain’t no Ben Bernanki.

There are some problems here.

Certainly it can not be thought that our "government" is handing out cash from the national treasury. We are PAYING for those checks. It is not "Free Money"

You and I pay immediately in our loss of real dollar value. Our savings are worth less, goods and services cost more.
    Interest will need to be paid on the deficit. Run for yourself your contribution to interest on 2 trillion. What about our children's portion? What about THEIR children?

Pelosi brought back the program after a similar deal was made. Now they want to add a bunch more billions. Have you got your check yet?
    You will be paying for that $1200 for your lifetime. and buying the big boys lunch every day while you do.

When will we stop spending other peoples money?

15. Likes Scottl, neilho, TeachMePlease liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Declaring a force majeure vacation for a month would have solved all these problems with the least negative impact ... but I guess the big pigs wouldn't get another opportunity to snort up to the trough that way, so no chance.

17. Likes tim9lives, janvanruth liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    There are some problems here.

Certainly it can not be thought that our "government" is handing out cash from the national treasury. We are PAYING for those checks. It is not "Free Money"

You and I pay immediately in our loss of real dollar value. Our savings are worth less, goods and services cost more.
    Interest will need to be paid on the deficit. Run for yourself your contribution to interest on 2 trillion. What about our children's portion? What about THEIR children?

Pelosi brought back the program after a similar deal was made. Now they want to add a bunch more billions. Have you got your check yet?
    You will be paying for that $1200 for your lifetime. and buying the big boys lunch every day while you do.
    Well said. Very.

There are fundamental differences between how Dumbasscraps and Ripofflicans remove the money.

But it is just as GONE, regardless.

When it is long gone, and there's nothing left to pay even the interest on it.
    Of course.

When did "other people" stop spending 60 to 66 percent of MY money?

Summer of 1994. Retired early.

Even so, the average burden has remained about 30-40 percent, property tax alone the largest chunk.

But on a drastically lower gross.

About 15 to 20 percent of the former peak income has been all we needed to live well-enough, if more frugally.

Humans tend to dig early graves with our own needy, greedy "instant gratification" throw-away "cowboy economy" teeth, do we not?

Great-grandparents didn't travel with even ten-percent the ephemeral trash we surround ourselves with. Nor "debt".

Probably ate more wisely, slept better, even had more frequent, lower risk, and better sex, too?

We enslave our own selves, then class ourselves "advanced"? Dogs laugh at us.

Salt, sugar, "brand new", "better than", "bigger than", "cheaper than", "faster than", "more SPACIOUS than", "recreational" drugs, "free" anything, "Government money", "not MY fault", "OTHER" is the evildoer", and other lies are powerful addictive, ain't they?

Walt Kelly's 'Pogo" had it right:

"We have met the enemy and they are us"

And "Oh, By The Way?"

I am STILL an optimist!!!

As Churchill once put it, I don't see any POINT in being anything else!

Essayons!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Gordon, meanwhile, has been a model citizen.
    I wonder what caused that? Seems very strange.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Why bother to shake babies when you can share in the sin of killing them inside a woman’s body?
    Why pretend you're religious when you just want an excuse for enslaving other people's bodies? By your diktat sin? Are YOU god?

Why should American citizens have to pay for uncontrolled immigration. Even China built a wall and will again if they want to. Countries will take stands and enforce those stands it happens all the time in history.
    And here I was not knowing that you were full-blooded Native American. Golly, you're right! Allowing those Pesky Foreigners in IS a recipe for disaster!

Or maybe you just like a nice straw dog or two to kick. Because I've posted previously that I'm in favor of a well-controlled border WITH an allowance for humanitarian (and elevated education) immigration.

When the shit hits the fan it gets real. Don’t pipe up with your yappy false morality and Sainthood.
    And who's leading that Boogaloo Army? YOU? Feh, your false sense of importance and "righteousness" smells more like Khomeini than Christ, because you're desperate for an authoritarian religious state. No difference (none, Bunky!) between you and a Radical Islamist.

Why should Americans suffer anyone who is Anti American? They do not have to ignore it and do not have to bother to address it. All that really matters is that they defend her. (America)
    Exactly. Congratulations, you stumbled over a correct concept. Stopped watch (brain) and all that. You are at the very core of Un- and Anti-Americanism, and your blindness to that and lack of education as to what America is, how it came to be, and how it should be led is tragicomedic.

[Thanks to Gus for highlighting your post - otherwise I'd not of seen it]

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post
    Amazing what happens when you start attributing all causes of death to CV.
    Or, on the other hand, they deny it exists ... data accuracy ? Hello ?

You Have to Wonder What These People Were Thinking

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dazz View Post
    All of the medical experts I have heard say testing is the key to managing the pandemic.
    It is really hard to tell if the barriers to testing in the USA are plain incompetence, or intentional to reduce the reported number of cases to reduce politically bad news.

Dazz
    Why not both? [Sigh...]