Close
Login to Your Account
Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216
Results 4,301 to 4,311 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post

I had a friend (from NYC) whose hobby was outrunning the cops on an RD-350. After the first ten escapes or so he upped the stakes ... he'd say "It's no fun unless you make them touch you first."

He was fast. Tried 250 GP in Europe for a year but not quite that fast. Still, fast.
    Years ago I had an RD-350. Fast little beast but quite temperamental. It would foul plugs in city traffic if the throttle was slammed shut quickly - until I switched to platinum plugs. The thing that made it a bit tricky to ride was that the power would come on with a bang at a point where the throttle acted more like an "ON" switch. More than once pulled a wheelie when I didn't mean to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nixon and Kissinger, man, good and evil all in one package

Nixon, went to China, freakin Nixon.

Nix/Kiss came up with Detente

I mean, the totally rationalized what had been an irrational relationship. Once it wasn't a fight to the death, it changed everything

Yes, Nixon did get us out of Vietnam. We stopped trying in 1972[go look in the way back machine and see my posts denigrating those who complained of W's service, it fell to nothing everywhere]

And then there is the rest of, well, everything.....the flaws of humans..........

3. Likes tim9lives, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rons View Post
    From what I learned the virus targets the lungs, heart, testicles. Thought that was strange.
    Looks like my dog is more prepared than me. Didn't need those anyway.
    That's not completely unknown for other respiratory infections. In vulnerable people the inflammation can spread from the lungs to other parts of the body. It's a particular problem for diabetics because of the blood sugar issue I mentioned in an earlier post where infections raise havoc with blood sugar, which aggravates infection which ... - a vicious cycle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The flu hasn't left us. Far from it. It's just been pushed from the news cycle by "coronavirus".

Access Denied

"The global furor over the emerging coronavirus pandemic has masked one of the worst influenza seasons on record, government data show, particularly among children and young adults."

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No he did not. He resigned in disgrace rather than be impeached, over a year before the US lost the war in Vietnam, and after doing everything in his power to prolong it.

I would make some excuse for JFK, but none for the how many kids did ya kill today texan. However, the real blame runs all the way back to Truman. The man was a fuckup (but at least he fired MacArthur.)

Why would we even consider getting into WW I ? That was a totally stupid thing to do.

Relevance went away here ages ago It became a "my president right or wrong" vs "the man is a disgrace" thread pages ago.

Look at the results though, it's pretty obvious he's incompetent.

You might appreciate this at least ... some of us can relate :
    EG has any President said specifically that we did lose the war in Vietnam?

Curious that since Nixon was out of the picture that the United States did not follow through with their agreement with South Vietnam to step in if attacked.

Congress opposed aid and refused to follow through with Military assistance. The momentum of the NVA was overwhelming although there were South Vietnamese units which held up the advance of NVA for days with hundreds of the enemy killed.

Ya enemies then and the truth is that they are still enemies today. Vietnam made the Communists proud with the massive killings of innocent civilians in the closing battle and the several major operations which preceded it.

I find it very hard to believe that you would ignore that side of the war . It is as if you truly do support Communism. No Vietnam Vet I have personally met ever has made the accusations of great murder which is blamed on the percieved loser.

I wish Nixon would have started bombing again. The South was neglected for years before the fall and poorly supplied as the US leadership wanted to just walk away from it.

Shame on us.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    I watched Cuomo's presser yesterday. Afterwards, Q&A session. Guy asks about the golf courses being closed. Wants to know if he can walk the course with golf clubs, if he doesn't hit a ball. WTF?

Cuomo consults briefly with his health dept. person, who explains that yes- the golf course are closed because they don't want people in groups, and the pro-shops would have to be staffed, etc.

So Cuomo goes back to the questioner- tells him, "Hiking is still allowed. So go ahead, but tell them you are not golfing, you are just hiking the course."
    Check is in the mail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    An aside, But have a look at this "incomplete" map and guess why Russia would be interested in "keeping" the Ukraine
    Attachment 284619

I could wish it displayed larger.
    Putin’s number one priority....the biggest threat to his hold on power, is a successful Ukraine. If the Ukraine democratic experience...A democratic success story occurs in the Ukraine.... then the Russians are going to look in the mirror at their failed economy and decide that Putin must go. Putin knows and fears this. That’s a big reason he wants the Ukraine. Furthermore, I think there’s some decent resources s and industry in the Ukraine. Plus the Ukraine has a very good agricultural sector. Yes....Putin’s priority is to take back the Ukraine.
    Last edited by tim9lives; 04-11-2020 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Resorts to resources

9. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    The flu hasn't left us. Far from it. It's just been pushed from the news cycle by "coronavirus".

Access Denied

"The global furor over the emerging coronavirus pandemic has masked one of the worst influenza seasons on record, government data show, particularly among children and young adults."
    Absolutely...daughter had the B this year. I've never actually seen her so sick. A solid week of watching television and eating soup, when she was willing to eat.

I managed to avoid it, but got some other weird bug...hoping it was 'rona, but we won't know that til antibody testing is widely avaialble.

11. Likes michiganbuck liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Years ago I had an RD-350. Fast little beast but quite temperamental. It would foul plugs in city traffic if the throttle was slammed shut quickly - until I switched to platinum plugs. The thing that made it a bit tricky to ride was that the power would come on with a bang at a point where the throttle acted more like an "ON" switch. More than once pulled a wheelie when I didn't mean to.
    I had an LC 350 i stuck a tuned YPVS engine into. 28mm flatslides and swarbrick pipes, the thing was so much fun. Good for 130mph. One bike i wish I'd kept.
    It would lift the front in 3rd with a slight fan of the clutch.
    My mate had an LC we put a TZ 350 top end onto. More power and fun but hard to ride on the road.
    34mm open powerjet carbs and TZ pipes were so loud

13. Likes triumph406 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    An aside, But have a look at this "incomplete" map and guess why Russia would be interested in "keeping" the Ukraine
    Attachment 284619

I could wish it displayed larger.
    This is what the whole Syria thing was about.
    The southern gas pipeline to go through Syria and all the countries agreed except Syria - and it's why Putin defended Assad because it isn't in his interest for it to be built.
    Afterall, 80% of Germany buys its gas from Putin.
    BP had the contract but it's now dead in the water.

WHICH is why climate change has arrived for Europe. The change of direction AWAY from gas and to electric.

15. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No he did not. He resigned in disgrace rather than be impeached, over a year before the US lost the war in Vietnam, and after doing everything in his power to prolong it.

I would make some excuse for JFK, but none for the how many kids did ya kill today texan. However, the real blame runs all the way back to Truman. The man was a fuckup (but at least he fired MacArthur.)

Why would we even consider getting into WW I ? That was a totally stupid thing to do.

Relevance went away here ages ago It became a "my president right or wrong" vs "the man is a disgrace" thread pages ago.

Look at the results though, it's pretty obvious he's incompetent.

You might appreciate this at least ... some of us can relate :
    EG

Nixon did not do everything in his power to prolong it. He negotiated and made agreements which included the pullout of most Americans there. Yes for sure he wanted to end it he was gone when the South was invaded. The new president and Congress wanted no part in following their agreement to help South Vietnam if they were attacked.
    I disagree. He pulled most US troops out of Vietnam and for some time the South Vietnamese Army was stronger. The North planning to break their agreement staged soldiers and supplies. The North had botched so many offensives that the Soviets and Chinese balked and slowed supplies to North Vietnam.

But for the help of those countries and also ours Vietnam would have been far better off to stop fighting after the Tet offensive.