Corona virus affecting your business ? Over reaction? - Page 23
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 23 of 216 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    I am sure this is sarcasm, but it is amazing how in our overly PC world we live in belittling of old people especially white middle aged men seems to be at an all time high.

OK, Boomer.

I'm sorry, you made that one too easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post

Sorry to rub this in but there was no panic in China. There was a plan, it was communicated, it was carried out
    Now the truth.... China kept it quiet until they no longer were able to contain it and keep it quiet.
    Had they spoke up immediately, the outcome could have been drastically different than what is happening right now.

3. Likes jancollc, david n, DavidScott liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    why not just kill all over let's say 65.
    they mostly will have outlived their usefulness.
    compared to the 20 something meth head who can't show up for work on time 5 days in a row?

In countries with socialized medicine (all the developed world except the US), the old boy vying for the respirator has the added argument that he paid for the bloody thing! :O

No, not really a funny topic. Triage is highly imperfect. Expected life span is just a terrible way to decide who is worthy, but its all they have to work with.

Being technical sorts......maybe we should be designing and building respirators?

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Canada shuts its borders.

Wow.

Yup, except to our American friends with money, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Canada shuts its borders.

Wow.

except for our pals from the States.

Leave the bloody guns at home, but bring lots of toilet paper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post

Being technical sorts......maybe we should be designing and building respirators?
    They're trying to do this in Britain (Rolls Royce Aviation has been asked to build them), but questions about design, tech transfer, etc. aren't settled.

I've started speaking to contacts I have in the medical fields to see what I/my shop can do.

8. Likes Mark Rand liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    Now the truth.... China kept it quiet until they no longer were able to contain it and keep it quiet.
    Had they spoke up immediately, the outcome could have been drastically different than what is happening right now.
    Where do you get this stuff ? Paranoia to this extent is not attractive

Check into a few facts, please. People who have BEEN THERE say the exact opposite. People who know what they are talking about.

This kind of conspiracy theory is not helpful. Your statement is 100% totally false.

And no, the outcome would not have been even a tiny bit different, as your response shows. No matter what, the conspiracy theorists would have discounted it ... as you just demonstrated.

China saved your butts and you threw it away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Sorry to rub this in but there was no panic in China. There was a plan, .
    maybe the next plan ought to be to eliminate these filthy live animal + butcher shop + food prep markets in with no sanitation or inspection or rules that constantly seems to be the source these diseases.

As much as I love ya EG, you're kinda sounding a bit like China's Gordo

Why 'Wet Markets' Persisted In China Despite Disease And Hygiene Concerns : NPR

11. Likes Spud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

maybe the next plan ought to be to eliminate these filthy live animal + butcher shop + food prep markets in with no sanitation or inspection or rules that constantly seems to be the source these diseases.
    I mentioned something similar days ago, here's hoping. We have our own breeding grounds, massive pig farms with poop dams that give way every so often, so we should be looking inward too.

At least he doesn't have a caliper fixation...

13. Likes Mcgyver, TeachMePlease, Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In this case, I have toned it down from the reality. Watch any of the videos from the WHO members who went, observed, reported on the situation during January-February. If I gushed as much as those guys you'd strangle me.

Honest, what they did here was not possible. They STOPPED a virus epidemic.

Too bad no one paid attention

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm very excited by all of this... I just struck out on my own 6 months ago and just got operational after rehabbing my building from nothing. The world will end, or it won't or it will. Not a damn thing I can do about it. Just glad my uncle Warren was sitting on 120B going into this insanity so hopefully it all shakes out well on that front.

Smoking a cigarette typing this so what can I really say about anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kustomizingkid View Post
    I'm very excited by all of this... I just struck out on my own 6 months ago and just got operational after rehabbing my building from nothing. The world will end, or it won't or it will. Not a damn thing I can do about it. Just glad my uncle Warren was sitting on 120B going into this insanity so hopefully it all shakes out well on that front.

Smoking a cigarette typing this so what can I really say about anything.
    you could be alright i guess
    as a one man operation you should be able to get back on your feet faster than the big ones.
    as long as you do not catch it yourself you actually could just go on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They aren't the source, they are a possible vector. Bats are the source. Bats are always the source.

Could have just as easily been some kid playing around a cave, or a bat that lives in someones attic.

The wet markets are a problem, yes, but no more than us pumping livestock full of antibiotics...or just stuffing a thousands of chickens in a barn with some food, then taking them out when it's time to butcher.

We had plenty of time to get out ahead of this. Procure supplies, position them near major ports of entry, where outbreaks are more expected. Accept testing from WHO while concurrently developing our own if necessary.

Instead, we are reactive.

Just watched the DOW dump 400 points immediately following Trump's news conference. Nothing like a leader inspiring confidence. I mean, in the last 24 he's tweeted about pardoning Flynn...fully expect it, don't care if he does pardon him...but jesus, nothing like keeping your eye on the ball.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not a big fan of EG, who often acts like an official PR person for China, but that market may not be what infected the population. A Japanese and a Korean researcher have made a fairly convincing case that the disease may have entered China from outside during the world military games that were held in Wuhan not long before the outbreak. I'll try to find the paper.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Just watched the DOW dump 400 points immediately following Trump's news conference. Nothing like a leader inspiring confidence. I mean, in the last 24 he's tweeted about pardoning Flynn...fully expect it, don't care if he does pardon him...but jesus, nothing like keeping your eye on the ball.
    Standard operating procedure for the guy. Take attention away from anything that he thinks will make him look bad. It has worked far too many times already, but this time it's looking like the minor footnote rather than actually grabbing attention away from the main event.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    why not just kill all over let's say 65.
    they mostly will have outlived their usefulness.
    maybe just place them in big communities and have the odd small epidemic do the dirty work for you.
    it must be so comforting to know that, when the time has come, it will be your own children be driving you there.
    i can imagine how satisfying it must be to die in the knowledge that it will enable your children to buy the new car.
    but why stop at the elderly?
    what about the ones that will never have the capability to contribute to the wealth of society?
    think about the ones born with Down Syndrome, spina bifida, cerebral malfunction?
    how much would that save in medical expenses?
    but even then the possibilities to save are not completely exhausted.
    think about them that are of a descent that makes that they will never ever contribute but always will be leaching on the others.
    with a little imagination and some good planning so much could be saved and the society would prosper immensely.

just one question: would you want to live in that society?????
    Twisting words as usual. I said straight out I wasn't advocating withholding or rationing treatment for the elderly but we lose tens of thousands to complications of seasonal illness every year and yet no one has ever demanded shutting everything down to protect them from disease until now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    So after this is over....the TP market is gonna tank....

No one will buy TP for at least a year.

Just ask Piper and the other small aircraft builders after WW2.
    They need to get the drug dealers on it. They're missing a trick. Never mind the crack cocaine, get me a couple of toilet rolls. There's a woman around the corner from me obviously on drugs. The dealers car rolls up for her on a regular basis. From my chair by the window I see the deals going on 20 yards away.
    Obviously the police have more important fish to fry at the moment.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    OK, Boomer.

I'm sorry, you made that one too easy.
    I used to like you even though we appear to be somewhat different, especially our hair styles. If I let it grow out and not shave it I sport a reverse Mohawk. Hope you got that.

23. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Join the club!
    I'm under curfew here and apparently driving wifey mad
    They've also just shut the borders to Spain...
    Our friend in Spain sent us some photos today. Guys in hazmat suits spraying the pavement on the Main Street of our little village ( pop 2,000 ) out in rural Granada. They're taking it seriously now.

Mrs, Shoelaces is pulling her hair out over here. " Yesterday my diary was full, now it's empty ". If they need emergency teachers to stand in for the sick ones she'd be back in school like a shot ! I'm just keeping out of her way.

Regards Tyrone.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    I'm not a big fan of EG, who often acts like an official PR person for China, but that market may not be what infected the population. A Japanese and a Korean researcher have made a fairly convincing case that the disease may have entered China from outside during the world military games that were held in Wuhan not long before the outbreak. I'll try to find the paper.
    Get a grip Scott. That's pure propaganda. Disseminated by Russia, Iran, and China on social media. Blame the US! Of course!

The CIA developed the virus and planted in in China back in October. Yeah, right.