Corona virus affecting your business ? Over reaction? - Page 24
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 24 of 216 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On a lighter note a Corona joke:

Guy was having a physical and decided to play a trick on his doctor. He smuggle a bottle of Corona into the exam room and substituted it for urine.
    A couple hours later the doctor told him I am not sure if this is good news or bad for you, but your mare is pregnant!

Never drank the stuff so I have no clue what Corona tastes like, but I thought the joke was funny. If Corona is your favorite beer feel free to substitute any other name when you retell it.

Title of the photo is antidote?!?
    antidote.jpg

2. Likes Garwood, Scottl, e-fishin-c liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Local metal supply place as in 50 miles away has suspended will call service. They will still deliver at an increased minimum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kustomizingkid View Post
    I'm very excited by all of this... I just struck out on my own 6 months ago and just got operational after rehabbing my building from nothing. The world will end, or it won't or it will. Not a damn thing I can do about it. Just glad my uncle Warren was sitting on 120B going into this insanity so hopefully it all shakes out well on that front.

Smoking a cigarette typing this so what can I really say about anything.
    My shit's always been paid for with cash. My business was very good through the last recession (my products at that time were tied well to fuel prices- Fuel goes up and my stuff sold faster than I could make it.) I had cash on hand to buy a lot of equipment in the 2009-2012 range when lots of manufacturing companies were crashing down hard.

If your business can do OK when other's are tanking you can use a recession as a financial catapult.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Get a grip Scott. That's pure propaganda. Disseminated by Russia, Iran, and China on social media. Blame the US! Of course!

The CIA developed the virus and planted in in China back in October. Yeah, right.
    Cut the crap, baby colic.

I never said that the virus was developed by ANYBODY, China, U.S. or space aliens, just that it might have been circulating elsewhere and brought in by foreign troops participating in the games. You DO understand that viruses mutate and nature may have created it from an existing strain of coronavirus, right?

I also never said it was U.S. troops that brought it in. There were people from many countries there.

You also understand that there are all kinds of coronavirus out there, including some that cause the common cold, right?

Funny how quick your kind is to accuse everyone else of pushing conspiracy theories at the same time you say something like THIS.

"That's pure propaganda. Disseminated by Russia, Iran, and China on social media"

Any proof besides TV hacks and political flacks claiming same. Just because YOU believe that particular conspiracy theory doesn't mean it's fact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    My shit's always been paid for with cash. My business was very good through the last recession (my products at that time were tied well to fuel prices- Fuel goes up and my stuff sold faster than I could make it.) I had cash on hand to buy a lot of equipment in the 2009-2012 range when lots of manufacturing companies were crashing down hard.

If your business can do OK when other's are tanking you can use a recession as a financial catapult.
    Zero debt personal or business... going to keep it that way for as long as I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Get a grip Scott. That's pure propaganda. Disseminated by Russia, Iran, and China on social media. Blame the US! Of course!
    I wish Americans understood how much we're under attack by outside agitators (including China and Russia) through social media. We're being invaded, but instead of combating it, a large part of the country is inviting it in and drinking it up. What a mess...

8. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Covid19 data base I thinks it's accurate and not media hype
    https://ncov2019.live/data

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Cut the crap, baby colic.

I never said that the virus was developed by ANYBODY, China, U.S. or space aliens, just that it might have been circulating elsewhere and brought in by foreign troops participating in the games. You DO understand that viruses mutate and nature may have created it from an existing strain of coronavirus, right?

You also understand that there are all kinds of coronavirus out there, including some that cause the common cold, right?

Funny how quick your kind is to accuse everyone else of pushing conspiracy theories at the same time you say something like THIS.

"That's pure propaganda. Disseminated by Russia, Iran, and China on social media"

Any proof besides TV hacks and political flacks claiming same. Just because YOU believe that particular conspiracy theory doesn't mean it's fact.
    Scott, this is the narrative you are spreading.

U.S. Army brought coronavirus to Wuhan, Chinese Foreign Ministry suggests - Washington Times

China Is Blaming the United States for the Coronavirus

Coronavirus Fears Fed by Soviet-style Agitprop From Russia, China, and Iran | The Heritage Foundation

'American coronavirus': China pushes propaganda casting doubt on virus origin | World news | The Guardian

And EG, before YOU get your panties in a bunch too- I did NOT say it was official Chinese policy. Xi has said the story was fake. The reason I included China with Russia and Iran, is that China has done nothing to tamp the story down on social media- it serves their purpose, so it is left up to help create suspicion of the US.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    On a lighter note a Corona joke:

Guy was having a physical and decided to play a trick on his doctor. He smuggle a bottle of Corona into the exam room and substituted it for urine.
    A couple hours later the doctor told him I am not sure if this is good news or bad for you, but your mare is pregnant!

Never drank the stuff so I have no clue what Corona tastes like, but I thought the joke was funny. If Corona is your favorite beer feel free to substitute any other name when you retell it.

Title of the photo is antidote?!?
    antidote.jpg
    I knew somebody who was recuperating at a hospital and poured his apple juice into the specimen cup he was supposed to piss in. When the nurse came in and said "Hmmm, it looks a little cloudy today" he grabbed it from her hand, said "I'll pass it through again" and tossed it down. She nearly passed out from shock. I heard the story from one of two guys who were visiting him at the time and anyone who knew him knew that he was a notorious joker.

On another bright note, I found a great easy to build device to ensure others maintain social distance.

Attachment 281962Attachment 281962

And don't forget to wash your hands.

YouTube

PS: We always used to drink Corona on cinco de mayo. Some guys used to call it Juan Wizz beer so that's probably where the mare's urine joke came from. I've never drunk piss but I wouldn't be surprised if it tasted a lot like Corona.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Twisting words as usual. I said straight out I wasn't advocating withholding or rationing treatment for the elderly but we lose tens of thousands to complications of seasonal illness every year and yet no one has ever demanded shutting everything down to protect them from disease until now.
    twisting your words?
    where did i say you said any of it?
    i just took your words a bit further, and then even a bit further.
    in order to possibly make you see certain things.
    but clearly you lack the possibility of introspection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kustomizingkid View Post
    Zero debt personal or business... going to keep it that way for as long as I can.
    so all you have to think about is staying healthy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I knew somebody who was recuperating at a hospital and poured his apple juice into the specimen cup he was supposed to piss in. When the nurse came in and said "Hmmm, it looks a little cloudy today" he grabbed it from her hand, said "I'll pass it through again" and tossed it down. She nearly passed out from shock. I heard the story from one of two guys who were visiting him at the time and anyone who knew him knew that he was a notorious joker.

On another bright note, I found a great easy to build device to ensure others maintain social distance.

Attachment 281962Attachment 281962

And don't forget to wash your hands.

YouTube

PS: We always used to drink Corona on cinco de mayo. Some guys used to call it Juan Wizz beer so that's probably where the mare's urine joke came from. I've never drunk piss but I wouldn't be surprised if it tasted a lot like Corona.
    never drunk Corona, so i wouldn't know either

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I wish Americans understood how much we're under attack by outside agitators (including China and Russia) through social media. We're being invaded, but instead of combating it, a large part of the country is inviting it in and drinking it up. What a mess...
    It's something we have dealt with for decades, but it's amplified by social media.

One common technique- identify a wedge issue- health care, second amendment, race, whatever. Doesn't matter Then try to drive that wedge in- widen the gap, and pit American's against each other. Most people that get sucked in are completely unaware they are being manipulated.

People need to be aware of this, but how do you educate them?

16. Likes Milland, red beard, tim9lives liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    In the meantime, Does Equis issued a statement that there are no viruses named after them

dee
    ;-D

18. Likes 4GSR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    You ant missed nothing!!!

20. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was a clip on the BBC TV news tonight regarding the chronovirus crisis. It shown a long queue of people waiting to enter a shop - then it showed it was a gun shop and people were buying more guns.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    There was a clip on the BBC TV news tonight regarding the chronovirus crisis. It shown a long queue of people waiting to enter a shop - then it showed it was a gun shop and people were buying more guns.

Regards Tyrone.
    not really surprised now are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regards Tyrone.
    Someone is bound to do a retrospective study on panic purchases.

Far as I can tell it's women on the toilet paper thing, the usual suspects for more guns and more ammo.

Me? I realized that not only would restaurants and pubs be closed, but (now that they're giving "shelter in place" warnings for several Bay Area counties) I might have to go a month without a beer . . .

Turns out that is still in stock. Everyone keeps telling me IPA is good as a sanitizer. We'll see. I plan to nurse a mere case over the next month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regards Tyrone.
    Have to protect the stockpile of toilet paper don't cha know.

25. Likes jancollc, 4GSR, dcsipo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some people are really expecting (hoping for?) the zombie apocalypse.

27. Likes jonok liked this post