Corona virus affecting your business ? Over reaction? - Page 24
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 24 of 216 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 4311
  1. #461
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dewees Texas
    Posts
    2,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    735

    Default

    On a lighter note a Corona joke:

    Guy was having a physical and decided to play a trick on his doctor. He smuggle a bottle of Corona into the exam room and substituted it for urine.
    A couple hours later the doctor told him I am not sure if this is good news or bad for you, but your mare is pregnant!

    Never drank the stuff so I have no clue what Corona tastes like, but I thought the joke was funny. If Corona is your favorite beer feel free to substitute any other name when you retell it.

    Title of the photo is antidote?!?
    antidote.jpg

  2. Likes Garwood, Scottl, e-fishin-c liked this post
  3. #462
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    8,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    916
    Likes (Received)
    3917

    Default

    Local metal supply place as in 50 miles away has suspended will call service. They will still deliver at an increased minimum.

  4. #463
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5166
    Likes (Received)
    2465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kustomizingkid View Post
    I'm very excited by all of this... I just struck out on my own 6 months ago and just got operational after rehabbing my building from nothing. The world will end, or it won't or it will. Not a damn thing I can do about it. Just glad my uncle Warren was sitting on 120B going into this insanity so hopefully it all shakes out well on that front.

    Smoking a cigarette typing this so what can I really say about anything.
    My shit's always been paid for with cash. My business was very good through the last recession (my products at that time were tied well to fuel prices- Fuel goes up and my stuff sold faster than I could make it.) I had cash on hand to buy a lot of equipment in the 2009-2012 range when lots of manufacturing companies were crashing down hard.

    If your business can do OK when other's are tanking you can use a recession as a financial catapult.

  5. #464
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    5,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5099
    Likes (Received)
    5129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Get a grip Scott. That's pure propaganda. Disseminated by Russia, Iran, and China on social media. Blame the US! Of course!

    The CIA developed the virus and planted in in China back in October. Yeah, right.
    Cut the crap, baby colic.

    I never said that the virus was developed by ANYBODY, China, U.S. or space aliens, just that it might have been circulating elsewhere and brought in by foreign troops participating in the games. You DO understand that viruses mutate and nature may have created it from an existing strain of coronavirus, right?

    I also never said it was U.S. troops that brought it in. There were people from many countries there.

    You also understand that there are all kinds of coronavirus out there, including some that cause the common cold, right?

    Funny how quick your kind is to accuse everyone else of pushing conspiracy theories at the same time you say something like THIS.

    "That's pure propaganda. Disseminated by Russia, Iran, and China on social media"

    Any proof besides TV hacks and political flacks claiming same. Just because YOU believe that particular conspiracy theory doesn't mean it's fact.

  6. #465
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    162
    Likes (Received)
    1521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    My shit's always been paid for with cash. My business was very good through the last recession (my products at that time were tied well to fuel prices- Fuel goes up and my stuff sold faster than I could make it.) I had cash on hand to buy a lot of equipment in the 2009-2012 range when lots of manufacturing companies were crashing down hard.

    If your business can do OK when other's are tanking you can use a recession as a financial catapult.
    Zero debt personal or business... going to keep it that way for as long as I can.

  7. #466
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    8,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2145
    Likes (Received)
    6194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Get a grip Scott. That's pure propaganda. Disseminated by Russia, Iran, and China on social media. Blame the US! Of course!
    I wish Americans understood how much we're under attack by outside agitators (including China and Russia) through social media. We're being invaded, but instead of combating it, a large part of the country is inviting it in and drinking it up. What a mess...

  8. Likes tim9lives liked this post
  9. #467
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default

    Covid19 data base I thinks it's accurate and not media hype
    https://ncov2019.live/data

  10. #468
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    716
    Likes (Received)
    2429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Cut the crap, baby colic.

    I never said that the virus was developed by ANYBODY, China, U.S. or space aliens, just that it might have been circulating elsewhere and brought in by foreign troops participating in the games. You DO understand that viruses mutate and nature may have created it from an existing strain of coronavirus, right?

    You also understand that there are all kinds of coronavirus out there, including some that cause the common cold, right?

    Funny how quick your kind is to accuse everyone else of pushing conspiracy theories at the same time you say something like THIS.

    "That's pure propaganda. Disseminated by Russia, Iran, and China on social media"

    Any proof besides TV hacks and political flacks claiming same. Just because YOU believe that particular conspiracy theory doesn't mean it's fact.
    Scott, this is the narrative you are spreading.

    U.S. Army brought coronavirus to Wuhan, Chinese Foreign Ministry suggests - Washington Times

    China Is Blaming the United States for the Coronavirus

    Coronavirus Fears Fed by Soviet-style Agitprop From Russia, China, and Iran | The Heritage Foundation

    'American coronavirus': China pushes propaganda casting doubt on virus origin | World news | The Guardian

    And EG, before YOU get your panties in a bunch too- I did NOT say it was official Chinese policy. Xi has said the story was fake. The reason I included China with Russia and Iran, is that China has done nothing to tamp the story down on social media- it serves their purpose, so it is left up to help create suspicion of the US.

  11. #469
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    5,319
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5099
    Likes (Received)
    5129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    On a lighter note a Corona joke:

    Guy was having a physical and decided to play a trick on his doctor. He smuggle a bottle of Corona into the exam room and substituted it for urine.
    A couple hours later the doctor told him I am not sure if this is good news or bad for you, but your mare is pregnant!

    Never drank the stuff so I have no clue what Corona tastes like, but I thought the joke was funny. If Corona is your favorite beer feel free to substitute any other name when you retell it.

    Title of the photo is antidote?!?
    antidote.jpg
    I knew somebody who was recuperating at a hospital and poured his apple juice into the specimen cup he was supposed to piss in. When the nurse came in and said "Hmmm, it looks a little cloudy today" he grabbed it from her hand, said "I'll pass it through again" and tossed it down. She nearly passed out from shock. I heard the story from one of two guys who were visiting him at the time and anyone who knew him knew that he was a notorious joker.


    On another bright note, I found a great easy to build device to ensure others maintain social distance.

    Attachment 281962Attachment 281962


    And don't forget to wash your hands.


    YouTube

    PS: We always used to drink Corona on cinco de mayo. Some guys used to call it Juan Wizz beer so that's probably where the mare's urine joke came from. I've never drunk piss but I wouldn't be surprised if it tasted a lot like Corona.

  12. #470
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    netherlands Asten
    Posts
    1,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    715
    Likes (Received)
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Twisting words as usual. I said straight out I wasn't advocating withholding or rationing treatment for the elderly but we lose tens of thousands to complications of seasonal illness every year and yet no one has ever demanded shutting everything down to protect them from disease until now.
    twisting your words?
    where did i say you said any of it?
    i just took your words a bit further, and then even a bit further.
    in order to possibly make you see certain things.
    but clearly you lack the possibility of introspection.

  13. #471
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    netherlands Asten
    Posts
    1,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    715
    Likes (Received)
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kustomizingkid View Post
    Zero debt personal or business... going to keep it that way for as long as I can.
    so all you have to think about is staying healthy.

  14. #472
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    netherlands Asten
    Posts
    1,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    715
    Likes (Received)
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    I knew somebody who was recuperating at a hospital and poured his apple juice into the specimen cup he was supposed to piss in. When the nurse came in and said "Hmmm, it looks a little cloudy today" he grabbed it from her hand, said "I'll pass it through again" and tossed it down. She nearly passed out from shock. I heard the story from one of two guys who were visiting him at the time and anyone who knew him knew that he was a notorious joker.


    On another bright note, I found a great easy to build device to ensure others maintain social distance.

    Attachment 281962Attachment 281962


    And don't forget to wash your hands.


    YouTube

    PS: We always used to drink Corona on cinco de mayo. Some guys used to call it Juan Wizz beer so that's probably where the mare's urine joke came from. I've never drunk piss but I wouldn't be surprised if it tasted a lot like Corona.
    never drunk Corona, so i wouldn't know either

  15. #473
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    716
    Likes (Received)
    2429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I wish Americans understood how much we're under attack by outside agitators (including China and Russia) through social media. We're being invaded, but instead of combating it, a large part of the country is inviting it in and drinking it up. What a mess...
    It's something we have dealt with for decades, but it's amplified by social media.

    One common technique- identify a wedge issue- health care, second amendment, race, whatever. Doesn't matter Then try to drive that wedge in- widen the gap, and pit American's against each other. Most people that get sucked in are completely unaware they are being manipulated.

    People need to be aware of this, but how do you educate them?

  16. Likes Milland, red beard, tim9lives liked this post
  17. #474
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1940
    Likes (Received)
    2012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    never drunk Corona, so i wouldn't know either
    In the meantime, Does Equis issued a statement that there are no viruses named after them

    dee
    ;-D

  18. Likes 4GSR liked this post
  19. #475
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Victoria, Texas, USA
    Posts
    4,227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2511
    Likes (Received)
    1093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    never drunk Corona, so i wouldn't know either
    You ant missed nothing!!!

  20. Likes Bobw liked this post
  21. #476
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    8,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1362
    Likes (Received)
    5640

    Default

    There was a clip on the BBC TV news tonight regarding the chronovirus crisis. It shown a long queue of people waiting to enter a shop - then it showed it was a gun shop and people were buying more guns.

    Regards Tyrone.

  22. #477
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    netherlands Asten
    Posts
    1,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    715
    Likes (Received)
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    There was a clip on the BBC TV news tonight regarding the chronovirus crisis. It shown a long queue of people waiting to enter a shop - then it showed it was a gun shop and people were buying more guns.

    Regards Tyrone.
    not really surprised now are you?

  23. #478
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    8,307
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    562
    Likes (Received)
    5801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    There was a clip on the BBC TV news tonight regarding the chronovirus crisis. It shown a long queue of people waiting to enter a shop - then it showed it was a gun shop and people were buying more guns.

    Regards Tyrone.
    Someone is bound to do a retrospective study on panic purchases.

    Far as I can tell it's women on the toilet paper thing, the usual suspects for more guns and more ammo.

    Me? I realized that not only would restaurants and pubs be closed, but (now that they're giving "shelter in place" warnings for several Bay Area counties) I might have to go a month without a beer . . .

    Turns out that is still in stock. Everyone keeps telling me IPA is good as a sanitizer. We'll see. I plan to nurse a mere case over the next month.

  24. #479
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hatch, NM Chile capital of the WORLD
    Posts
    9,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14827
    Likes (Received)
    11022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    There was a clip on the BBC TV news tonight regarding the chronovirus crisis. It shown a long queue of people waiting to enter a shop - then it showed it was a gun shop and people were buying more guns.

    Regards Tyrone.
    Have to protect the stockpile of toilet paper don't cha know.

  25. Likes jancollc, 4GSR, dcsipo liked this post
  26. #480
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    8,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2145
    Likes (Received)
    6194

    Default

    Some people are really expecting (hoping for?) the zombie apocalypse.

  27. Likes jonok liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •